• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S7 |OT| of Jazz Hands, Suppressing Fire & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I thought Vice was the only bad season. 6 was better and 7 was almost classic territory.

The episode where each half of the team is hired by one half of the married couple is literally one of the funniest smartest episodes of comedy in television history.

Weckum

Oh God, I can already see how they meet Krieger in some South American Nazi-hideout!

Sounds great but also weird.

Zubz

Banned
Well, that's an odd way to follow up S7's ending. Still, if the last 3 seasons are essentially mini-series, that's not too bad. I'm surprised they didn't just wrap up the plot and make "Dreamland" a surprise final season. It would definitely play up the fact that it sounds like a one-shot.

Hope it's a better experiment than Vice was.

Same here. Vice's biggest issues were more due to them trying to maintain a status quo by making everyone suddenly terrible at the jobs they were masters of in Seasons 1-4, despite the entire concept behind the season being a shake-up of the series' original "office comedy but the job they do is espionage, which we also see" theme. Hopefully, they won't make that same mistake twice, especially because Dreamland isn't even the same continuity as the actual series probably.

Still doesn't explain the writing, though. I mean, maybe them trying to keep some plot points going is why we saw Pam turn into a one-note "she is a cocaine addict now and this is somehow funny" joke, but it wouldn't explain everything else.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Archer’ Moving To FXX For Season 8

Archer is moving from FX to its sister network FXX for Season 8 in the spring. The hit animated comedy series, which recently won an Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, already has been renewed through Season 10.

If the news sounds familiar, that is because FX originally announced a year and a half ago that Archer would move to FXX for its seventh season in 2016. That didn’t happen, and the animated veteran stayed on the flagship FX, with the move quietly pushed to Season 8.

Didn't they already announce that over the Summer? I guess they're just working to get the word out.

In any case, I'm curious about S8, so hopefully we'll get a teaser or trailer soon.

I guess there is no worry about getting a hit to the ratings during the move cause of the multi-season renewal, right?

Any news on the season premiere? We usually know by now and it would premiere this month normally I think. Over my holiday break I caught random episodes and wound up watching most of the series again. Still entertaining.

Everything still says "January" as the premiere date but clearly that's not true. It's weird that we don't know yet, right?

The move shouldn't hurt the shows ratings that much, Archer fandom will follow it wherever it goes and I'm sure a big chunk of the shows audience is streaming it one way or another. I didn't know that FX already ordered 3 more seasons though, that's awesome.

vypek

Everything still says "January" as the premiere date but clearly that's not true. It's weird that we don't know yet, right?

I would have thought we'd have a specific date at this point even with it airing in the spring. Maybe its a little harder to figure out with the channel switch they are doing. I'm gonna guess the last week of March or first week of April

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I would have thought we'd have a specific date at this point even with it airing in the spring. Maybe its a little harder to figure out with the channel switch they are doing. I'm gonna guess the last week of March or first week of April

March makes the most sense since Sunny ends in March.

Yeah! New promo looked fun tonight during Man Seeking Woman. I haven't seen it on their youtube or twitter account yet, but they should have it up sooner or later.

jax

Banned
I think by serialized he means one overarching story spanning 8 episodes instead of 8 individual and unrelated stories/episodes.
Yeah, that. Really ruined the last few seasons of both Archer and South Park. After seeing that preview it seems like that's what we're going to get. Ugh. Why do shows do this?

so Archer is in a coma all season or something?
There's a description of how the season is set up in this article on Indiewire.
At the end of Season 7, it appeared as though Archer died while solving the season-long mystery surrounding Veronica Deane. But the trailer shown to the Comic-Con audience (and not yet available online) found Archer still alive, but in a coma.

That doesn’t mean the season is free from tragedy. Following the death of voice actor George Coe — who played Archer’s butler, Woodhouse — Adam Reed decided it best to end his character’s arc rather than permanently recast him. The trailer showed the “Archer” characters dressed in black, attending Woodhouse’s funeral — all of them except Archer, who was revealed to be stuck in a coma for the three months following his shooting (aka, the Season 7 finale).

Mallory (voiced by Jessica Walter) and Lana (Aisha Tyler) stood by his bedside, and his mother wondered what her son was thinking — or dreaming — while in the coma. From there, we zoomed into Archer’s sleeping face until he opened his eyes in “Dreamland” as a 1920s-era private investigator.

big ander

The period setting sounds sorta fun and all (and definitely makes for some cool animation) but the premise sounds...frankly pretty terrible to me. What can happen
inside archers brain over a full season that'll feel satisfying and important for the actual characters outside? Unless the season turns into Kreiger sending them in to Archer's dreamland somehow.

Poster:
KM50Wa1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom