• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtXDFJh.png

Season Five of Archer premieres Monday, January 13th at 10pm on FX. The season has been given the subtitle Archer Vice and will consist of thirteen episodes. So ArcherGAF, are you ready to head one more time into the Danger Zone?
FX said:
Archer is an animated, half-hour comedy that revolves around the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS) and the lives of its employees. Although their work of espionage, reconnaissance missions, wiretapping and undercover surveillance is daunting and dangerous, every covert operation and global crisis is actually just another excuse for the ISIS staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain master spy "Sterling Archer;” Aisha Tyler as Archer’s fellow agent and ex-girlfriend "Lana Kane;” Jessica Walter as Archer’s domineering mother and the director of ISIS, "Malory Archer;” Chris Parnell as the easily intimidated comptroller-turned ISIS agent "Cyril Figgis;” Judy Greer as Malory’s loquacious secretary, "Cheryl;” Amber Nash as the discordant director of human resources for ISIS, "Pam Poovey;” Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason at ISIS, "Ray Gillette;” and Lucky Yates as ISIS’s possibly mad scientist, "Krieger."

Cast:
90z5DRI.jpg
7Wrc9bn.jpg

LO6qztc.jpg
wajMVcB.jpg

Bo0CryC.jpg
ktDWLHe.jpg

6iYCYO6.jpg
yIqnA3w.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that the pink lines don't match up and it looks sloppy. It bugs me, too.

Links:
News and discussion:Official Twitter accounts:
PRnAMrO.jpg

Vids:
1XkGj5N.jpg

Episodes:
"White Elephant" - Jan 13, 10pm ET/PT -
Someone dies. Someone who has been with the ISIS crew from the beginning. And then things get crazy.
"A Kiss While Dying" - Jan 20, 10pm ET/PT
"A Debt of Honor" - Jan 27, 10pm ET/PT

vvrCLET.jpg

GIFS:

iErbKLwBB1Irl.gif
ibpy7UwGOOoARS.gif

i2QIc1E2AOGWH.gif
igBUKbconWG1v.gif

iL2vmbGLn9oMn.gif
iu75zKBUlozYy.gif

io4CGdIKI4Nnt.gif
ibkGj4ZoXN0fxq.gif

vhEF6.gif
EisWb.gif

PS: Thanks to Divius for the rad S5 OT banner.

Based on that tell-all from Matt Thompson, I really think this season could go down as one of the most audacious game changes for a TV show in recent memory - perhaps ever. I mean, they're totally changing the entire premise of the show five seasons into its run. That's just insane.

Why do I feel like everyone spoiled themselves and knows what's gonna happen except me.

STOP KNOWING STUFF I DON'T KNOW YET

iammeiam

I just read that Warming Glow interview and oh my god you guys.

The best part is that season four totally foreshadows all this coming to a head with all the attention to ISIS's less and less justifiable missions and it ALL MAKES SENSE.

Except for Cherlene but that's just amazing in its own right and I hope she hires Pam as her manager.

Here's hoping FX doesn't stick stupid trailers at the start/end of the episodes on iTunes this season.

Here's hoping FX doesn't stick stupid trailers at the start/end of the episodes on iTunes this season.
I buy them off Amazon, so I can't speak for iTunes, but I realized on a recent S4 rewatch that the trailers are now gone.

I don't know if they did this because of complaints or because it doesn't make sense to keep year-old promos, but in any case, I'm glad they're not permanently attached to my digital purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom