• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
4XAhrK8.jpg

Season Six of Archer premieres Thursday, January 8th at 10pm on FX. After a season slinging cocaine on Archer: Vice, the team is back in the spy game this year. The season will consist of thirteen episodes. So ArcherGAF, will you answer The Call?

Archer is an animated half-hour comedy that revolves around an international spy agency and the lives of its employees. Although their work of espionage, reconnaissance missions, wiretapping and undercover surveillance is daunting and dangerous, every covert operation and global crisis is actually just another excuse for the staff to undermine, sabotage and betray each other for personal gain.

The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the highly skilled and incredibly vain master spy, “Sterling Archer;” Aisha Tyler as Archer’s fellow agent and ex-girlfriend, “Lana Kane;” Jessica Walter as Archer’s domineering mother and spy agency director, “Malory Archer;” Chris Parnell as the easily intimidated comptroller-turned secret agent, “Cyril Figgis;” Judy Greer as Malory’s loquacious, dingbat secretary, “Cheryl;” Amber Nash as the discordant director of human resources, “Pam Poovey;” Adam Reed as the gay voice of reason, “Ray Gillette;” and Lucky Yates as the spy agency’s possibly mad scientist/ possibly clone of himself, “Krieger.”

Cast:

BtfNv3O.jpg

Links:
News and discussion:
VidsS6 poster:

0Fhe3gb.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nice work as always Cornballer. Hoping this season ends up being better than last season turned out.

BigAT

Nice work on the OP, completely forgot this was starting up again so soon.

If Ray is voiced by Animated Adam Reed, who voices Animated Adam Reed?!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Boom! Back to work at IS- er... Unidentified Secret Agent Organization.

I just looked at some of the comments from last seasons thread and I'm glad I'm not alone with being disappointed with last season. It just didn't gel together.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
WAIT WAIT WAIT
It's THIS Thursday!?!?
YES YES YES

Archer Season 5 was still good, it was just a far step below what had come before it. I'm excited the spy show is back as it seems these character's personalities fit best with that and a season long arc doesn't work particularly well.

Jackpot

Banned
It's funny watching Frisky Dingo and hear Ray's voice come out of prototype-Archer. Or hear Pam's voice from out of Val, who becomes more Pam-like near the end.

Archer Vice was a cool, ballsy experiment, but ultimately the results weren't up to the series' standard.

Glad we're getting back to good, ol' fashioned ISIS hijinks.

Badosh

Oh, didn't realize it was this soon.

S5 was pretty good, didn't catch every episode but overall, it has it's moments.

Jinaar

What what!!???! Ahhhhhh yah! Thanks for the thread because I had no idea when the new season was starting.

Seasons 1-4 are amazing. Season 5 was abit flat, not as funny as it should've been, but still hyped for another season.

tbm24

Archer coming back is exactly what I need to cope with the increasingly colder weather these days. Very much looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to the dynamic of Archer and Lana seeing how they're parents now. But last season was bad, could've been so much more.

Man, last season was such a missed opportunity. It seemed like they didn't really have a plan or something, with every week boiling down to "lol we lost more coke how wacky" until the finale.

It wasn't bad, but it was uncharacteristically sloppy of the writers.

Hoping this season ends up being better than last season turned out.
I just looked at some of the comments from last seasons thread and I'm glad I'm not alone with being disappointed with last season. It just didn't gel together.
Hopefully it will be better than the snoozefest that was last season.
Archer Vice was a cool, ballsy experiment, but ultimately the results weren't up to the series' standard.
Excited to have the series back to its roots after the...questionable previous season.
Seasons 1-4 are amazing. Season 5 was abit flat, not as funny as it should've been, but still hyped for another season.
But last season was bad, could've been so much more.
ryan-pointing-the-office.gif

I can't watch any of those videos in Canada.
So anyway I'm excited for a new season the first four were great so I'm willing forgive them for an off year

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Most looking forward to how they deal with the whole ISIS thing tbh

Ourobolus

Banned
Can't wait. Loved Season 5, even though it didn't seem as amazing as the previous seasons. Still great though.

Any word on when S5 will be up on Netflix in the US?

Great OT.

Surprised this is back so soon, let's hope it's not as disjointed as season 5. I mean, I really liked it, but I just hated how disjointed it all felt and I particularly hated Cherlene and coke head Pam.

LordCanti

I didn't know Archer was back so soon. I'm happy to be done with Vice and on to other things, even if the season did kind of finally come together at the end there.

Just finished up season 5 on Netflix. Started slow for me, but loved the last few episodes. I got legit misty at the last 5 minutes of the season finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom