• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I believe they typically go up a month or so late on Netflix only after the new season has started. :/

Seems so counterintuitive. I can understand them waiting until just before the next season premieres as to encourage people to watch live rather than wait, but why not provide an option for those LTTP to catch up?

Seems so counterintuitive. I can understand them waiting until just before the next season premieres as to encourage people to watch live rather than wait, but why not provide an option for those LTTP to catch up?
The S5 dvd is out tomorrow, so maybe they don't want to cannibalize those sales. I agree that getting both the dvd and the streaming options up early would help people catch up more easily, so I'm not sure what their logic is here.

I've cut cable so I am waiting for the S5 Blu to come out to get caught up, and then will have to do the same I guess for S6. It's not on Hulu Plus or anything is it?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Completely didn't realize that the S6 premiere was in a few days, right after the S5 Blu comes out. Excited!

Cornballer, you forgot Carol's last name: Tunt!

Cornballer, you forgot Carol's last name: Tunt!
CQ0UBng.gif

- EW: 'Archer' Is The New Black: The prison plotline you won't be seeing this season
The sixth season of FX’s animated series Archer (premiering Jan. 8 at 10 p.m.) finds the show’s bickering spies back in the espionage game, after spending the previous year trying to sell a metric ton of cocaine. But creator-writer Adam Reed had originally planned to send self-obsessed Sterling Archer, new mom Lana, booze-sodden boss Malory, and the rest of the team to the hoosegow to pay for their crimes.

“It was an offhand comment by someone,” says Reed of the idea to put Archer & co. behind bars. “We sat down and talked about it and were laughing about it, and instantly story ideas were spilling out. Then some wet blanket said, ‘Well, you know, it’s going to seem like we’re ripping off Orange Is the New Black.’ It just sucked all the air out of the room.”

Not wanting to let a good idea go to waste, we asked Reed and the animators to give us a taste of how the season would have looked if they’d gone through with their “Archer behind bars” idea. You can see the exclusive, prison-movie-referencing Archer-in-the-bighouse illustration above.

Again, it's a great idea for a two-parter. ("Is Shawshank not the best?") Probably wouldn't sustain a whole season though. I imagine repetitive prison rape jokes would replace repetitive Pam cocaine jokes.

Demon Ice

Banned
Oh my god yes. I'm going to be in the middle of a night shift at my hospital when it premieres but I will buy that shit on iTunes as soon as it's available. Beyond hyped.

Grinchy

Banned
Can't wait! I didn't realize it was coming back so soon. I look forward to being done with the drug dealer storyline.

Spirit44

Neo Member
Cannot wait for this new season. Agreed that last season was not quite up to par with the first 4 seasons, but I have high hopes for season 6!

...Danger Zone!

Dsyndrome

Awesome, will be setting up the DVR when I get home. Hope to see more Babou this season, ocelots are awesome.

Jezbollah

And, just like S5, this is me pressing the Subscribe button: BOOP.

Smother me with Archer goodness. All over my face.

Starting with you, Aisha! (PLZ POST HERE KTHXBYE)

So glad I decided to check when Archer is coming back on the air. Would have missed it otherwise. Now to listen to Danger Zone on repeat.

J.T

Banned
Damn I still haven't watched season 5 and the FX Now app doesn't allow me to view FXX content. Not on netflix in Jan. I believe.

kyser73

I'll miss coke-Pam.

I also appear to have missed the last episode of S5. The last one I saw
ended just as Lana's waters broke while kicking ass
...did I miss much?

Also time to update my avatar...

- IndieWire review of S6
The first five episodes of Season 6 get things back to basics. The over-Archer-ing plot (he's a verb now, as you'll discover in Episode 2) doesn't extend past individual episodes, with the only noticeable alteration made for fans who may have missed Season 5 being the intermittent presence of A.J., Archer and Lana's baby. Otherwise the episodes serve as standalone adventures. It's not until Episode 5 that we see anything attempt to break from the long-established norm, and that bottle episode is one to be savored. Grade: B+

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Season 5 had it's moments and I like serialized television more than stand alone episodes, but it didn't work as well as the previous seasons. Can't knock the hustle.

someday

Banned
I'll miss coke-Pam.

I also appear to have missed the last episode of S5. The last one I saw
ended just as Lana's waters broke while kicking ass
...did I miss much?

Also time to update my avatar...
I think it would be good to watch the rest of the episode if you can. Quite a lot happens and it was actually funny and sweet. FX has started re-airing episodes here and there.

I blows my mind that an Adam Reed show is this popular and has reached six seasons.

More Frisky and Sea Lab references please!

Hatchtag

Banned

What's dumber is that the DVDs usually come out a week or two after Christmas. Why not before? Why not make that a potential Christmas gift?

I understand stand-alone episodes are good and are more frequent early on, but the complete lack of anything that happened in season 4 has me a bit worried. Things linked to each other a lot more in the first 3 seasons, and that was something I really liked about them.

batbeg

I'd recently started rewatching this due to moving house and not having internet for a bit, completely without the knowledge of a new season starting so soon. This is just like... wait a minute, I had something for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom