• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

There were a couple of just bad episodes last season, but if you're a fan of the show, then there weren't any that were close to unwatchable.

So excited for things to get back to normal though.

There were a couple of just bad episodes last season, but if you're a fan of the show, then there weren't any that were close to unwatchable.

So excited for things to get back to normal though.

I think people get hung up about the plot of the seasons. I don't really care what they are doing; it's just a framework for the characters to be stupid. I wanted to see them spend a whole season just working at the Laundromat on the first floor. No spy stuff at all, just all of them trying to work that job and constantly going off on each other.

I really liked last season.

Can't wait for tonight.

Originally, it sounds like they were going to have them spend all of season 6 in prison, which would have been really great. Don't blame them for going back to basics though.

- Salon review
But what makes “Archer” brilliant is how well it has skewered that self-same image. Adam Reed—creator, showrunner, voice actor, and writer—seems to have composed “Archer” both as a love letter to douchebags and as a set of instructions for destroying them.

- EW review:
After season 5's dalliance with drug dealing and, um, treason, the irreverent spy series has reset to its espionage roots. Promisingly enough, the whole crew—plus new baby Abbiejean—reconvene in a perfect replica of their blown-up office. All the beloved ARCHER hallmarks are still there too; quick cuts, witty repartee, and recurring gags abound. Grade: B

It's on in about an hour.

ji2JV.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow, seeing Archer do something nice like that was... bizarre. But it was a great moment.

*sees next week's preview* Oh snap!
Conway Stern!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Awesome episode. And really cool to see Archer just not be a selfish dick for one small moment

Also: "Sneak attack! Typical."

Grisby

Dammit, I knew I missed something important tonight. My first missed archer episode in forever. What a day.

Will be watching my dvr during breakfast.

Reseil

Did the voices sound a bit different than previous seasons? Especially Malory... almost sounded like a different actor in the opening scene.

LordCanti

If Kato shows back up and attacks Archer, the season will automatically be a winner for me.

Did the voices sound a bit different than previous seasons? Especially Malory... almost sounded like a different actor in the opening scene.

They sounded the same to me.

BigAT

Malory was the only one I kind of noticed. I hate to say it, but it happens sometimes as actors/actresses get older. Jessica Walter is 73 now.

When did Jessica Walter start sounding normal? only part of Malory were there in her voice tonight. Interesting.

The futuristic set was pure cockteasery. Reed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good episode, glad things are now back to normal. Wasn't feeling season 5, so that automatically makes this episode better. Pam is also back to her normal self, very happy about that.

The office hologram prank was hilarious.

Hamlet

Pretty good episode. The hologram gag was great. Almost had me fooled for a second there just like Malory ha.
Gotta love Milton.
6dPphTE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom