• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft movie incoming. Directed by Mac from Always Sunny.

ryan299

Some of you may have seen this guy hanging around MINECON in London a couple weeks ago. He’s Rob McElhenney, and he’s going to be directing the upcoming Minecraft movie.

https://mojang.com/2015/07/weve-chosen-a-director-for-the-minecraft-movie/

Warner Bros. has hired “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” star Rob McElhenney to direct the “Minecraft” movie based on the popular video game that boasts 100 million users worldwide, it was announced Tuesday by Vu Bui, COO of game publisher Mojang.

Roy Lee (“The Lego Movie”) will produce the “Minecraft” movie under his Vertigo Entertainment banner along with Jill Messick. Warner Bros. executive Jon Berg will oversee the live-action project for the studio.

The Wrap

This is an odd choice to me. He's only directed 3 episodes of Sunny and a pilot.

Lock if old.

def sim

ahahaaaaarcqvf.gif

ahahaaaaaaa~

No.
Noooo.

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS MINECRAFT SHIT.
NO MINECRAFT MOVIE.
NO FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S MOVIE.

PLEASE. SHUT IT DOWN.

Why the hell is this happening?

Edit: Because people don't seem to understand, I'm joking around, emulating YouTube comments about Minecraft and FNAF.

I'm not seriously screaming over the Internet about things I don't like or care for.

ref

It'll make money.

Makes perfect sense to be making this.

Whether it will be a good movie, well...

Odrion

Banned
No.
Noooo.

PLEASE STOP WITH THIS MINECRAFT SHIT.
NO MINECRAFT MOVIE.
NO FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S MOVIE.

PLEASE. SHUT IT DOWN.

Why the hell is this happening?
It's happening because those two are giant properties now, loved by a generation that you don't belong to.

Welcome to the club, you geezer.

Top Bottom