• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Okay so When Brock first announced his intention to be WWE World Champion I was thinking:

-Cena Wins at rumble :lol
-Bryan Wins Rumble
-Brock Lesner destroys Cena at Elimination Chamber(may or may not be an ambulance match)
-Good Guy Cena takes all credit and "lets" Bryan have the main event match with Lesner at Mania
-Bryan becomes the "first" person to finally take out Lesner by making him tap at Mania would be the next best thing to making Cena Tap
-Orton gets mad and Trips and we get a rematch of the best WrestleMania Main Event of all time:lol

But nope, Bryan is stuck in mid card hell with no sign of getting out of it anytime soon.

Lesner is getting fed to Cena isn't he?

Lord knows I'd gladly watch that.

Kaladin

Also, it's 2014...we need a new meme.

jDHFbWTh9hz0y.jpg

There are no Trader Joe's in my area. The best I can do is the ethnic aisles at Meijer/Walmart unless I want to drive an hour. I'm always nervous to buy salsa untested because it's so easy for it to taste awful to me and I'm never sure what the awful taste is coming from. Herdez was a lucky buy for me. I've bought salsas I've never heard of and couldn't even stand smelling it. I think those are either jalapeno or bean heavy. And I'd hate to have bean breath.
Bean breath is the worst.

Summer Rae and her fake boobies looked really great last night. I might becoming a fan.

Watching the Wyatt family was like having the flu. You know you are going to barf and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

krae_man

Fake, there's no way he doesn't have a 3 month no-compete. Even if he let his contract expire, he wouldn't be able to return to WWE until March.

huh? Wasn't Christian able to join TNA right away because his contract completely expired as opposed to being FE'd?

somedevil

So what is the Wyatt family now because bryan joined to bring down the machine. So if they start attacking authority members than basically they are anti-heroes then why should Bryan leave the group then.

If they attack non authority members than they are heels and Bryan basically leaves to face Bray at some point because its not the Royal Rumble now but most likely elimination chamber.

edit: He will need a new gear and bet he break out this look.

krae_man

The real question is, with only one World Title: Who is going to curtain Jerk Mania?

Although I can totally see WWE going back to only one title to improve it's significance only to have it curtain Jerk Mania and have Trice in a Lifetime or Trips-Taker Quad tear in a lifetime main event.

Aiii

So not worth it
So what is the Wyatt family now because bryan joined to bring down the machine. So if they start attacking authority members than basically they are anti-heroes then why should Bryan leave the group then.

If they attack non authority members than they are heels and Bryan basically leaves to face Bray at some point because its not the Royal Rumble now but most likely elimination chamber.

I expect them to hold off on the reveal of Bryan infiltrating them until after EC or maybe even not until after Mania.

It would be silly if they did it in two weeks time at least.

gnrmjd

I dunno, the best move does seem to be Bryan winning the Royal Rumble and challenging for the title at Wrestlemania...

But does anybody think it'd be awesome if this does lead to a vicious heel Bryan and we get Bryan with the Wyatt family vs Taker at Wrestlemania? I think this could be a pretty amazing storyline. It'd be cool if Bryan shaved his head but kept the beard like in that picture. Maybe they even do a twist where Kane turns on Taker as well after seeming like he'll help him (Remember he got kidnapped too) and they can do some fun stuff with Hell No and Taker. But mostly the PPV would be a vicious Bryan as the Wyatt's weapon of destruction against Taker. I think that'd be awesome.

Similarly they can do the same angle with Bryan vs Cena, if Cena wins the championship at Royal Rumble. I guess the angle isn't quite as interesting because Bryan already beat Cena clean but could be fun.

I dunno even though I do want face Bryan and Taker/Lesnar, I'd be ok with Batista/Lesnar, and Bryan/Taker. Maybe Punk/HHH and Cena/Orton? I dunno....that's not a bad card to me. Im just curious what an actual heel Bryan with the Wyatt's backing would be like.

gnrmjd

I dunno it makes sense to me that this is an angle for Mania to some degree. With Cena, Orton, Batista, Lesnar, Sheamus, Punk, Taker and maybe HHH, Bryan is going to have to fit in somewhere as well, and it just seems to me like this angle is going to be his storyline going towards Wrestlemania. Im only like 50% sure of this but it seems smart to me as it would give Bray a major angle as well. They could just very well do Bray/Bryan but I kind of hope they don't. There were rumors of Bray/Cena...I'd enjoy that. But I dunno, it just seems to me like they could easily carry this angle to Wrestlemania to some degree.

gnrmjd

Another awesome Mania idea....Brock wins the title at Elimination Chamber (either in a chamber match - which would be awesome, since Brock in a chamber would be pure destruction - or in Brock/Cena or Brock/Orton (they could really do both despite Brock and Orton both being heels) and then Bryan vs Brock at Wrestlemania. In this scenario Bryan breaks free from Wyatt during the Royal Rumble and betrays him to win.

WM30 could be amazing honestly with the assortment of guys they have. last year they had Lesnar, HHH, Punk, Taker, Cena, and Rock. They lost Rock, but Orton has become more important now, Bryan has become more important now, and Batista is coming back as well. HHH is also in a better role, and then we have Bray Wyatt as a wildcard and if they want Sheamus can be inserted into the main event. There's a lot of ways they can take the card. Maybe they can even get HBK to wrestle, though it's doubtful, but HBK/Punk or HBK/Bryan would be amazing

Edit: Plus an outside chance of Roman Reigns getting a breakout star push

jmdajr

yup. I think shaved head makes a comeback.

I knew that Lesnar scream would be a hit on Wrassle Gaf.

Has anybody made a gif of Eva Marie from last night when Katelyn had her back and she was swaying? Im sure its already been made

DMczaf

I'm really hoping Bryan joining the Family turns into a swerve at the Rumble where only the Family is left in the ring and Bray tells his people to get out and make him the winner, everyone gets out of the ring except for Daniel Bryan....and then Bryan turns around with a sly smile and OH SHIT SWERVE. MEGA POP! BRYAN WINS! HES GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA! *points at sign*

...but that won't happen.

somedevil

yup. I think shaved head makes a comeback.

Plus he is going to break out his money in the bank 2012 gear for the gimmick. I have ideas on to do the angle but I doubt they will do it anyway. Set those expectations low though this shows not Shawn Michaels match.

edit: Bryan winning the rumble like that is what I was thinking but I doubt that will happen though. It would make sense he would use them to get his title match that he has been screwed out of multiple times for But won't happen though.

gnrmjd

So what would you guys book for Mania then? Using Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Taker, Lesnar, and Batista for sure, and keeping in mind the possibility of guys like Sheamus and HHH having important matches? And possibly Reigns and Wyatt?

Ithil

Cena vs Orton vs Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title

Brock vs Taker

Wyatt's vs Shield

Batista vs Sheamus maybe. Or Big E.

If HBK wants to have a match, put him with Bryan, if not, Fatal Four Way.

Another awesome Mania idea....Brock wins the title at Elimination Chamber (either in a chamber match - which would be awesome, since Brock in a chamber would be pure destruction - or in Brock/Cena or Brock/Orton (they could really do both despite Brock and Orton both being heels) and then Bryan vs Brock at Wrestlemania. In this scenario Bryan breaks free from Wyatt during the Royal Rumble and betrays him to win.

WM30 could be amazing honestly with the assortment of guys they have. last year they had Lesnar, HHH, Punk, Taker, Cena, and Rock. They lost Rock, but Orton has become more important now, Bryan has become more important now, and Batista is coming back as well. HHH is also in a better role, and then we have Bray Wyatt as a wildcard and if they want Sheamus can be inserted into the main event. There's a lot of ways they can take the card. Maybe they can even get HBK to wrestle, though it's doubtful, but HBK/Punk or HBK/Bryan would be amazing

Edit: Plus an outside chance of Roman Reigns getting a breakout star push

Don't forget the Rhodes brothers

maybe Reigns vs Ambrose

GolazoDan

They seemed to be very careful about not having Daniel Bryan turn on the fans. He actually put them over strong (brother) and blamed the powers that be for his decision. Basically I can see him acting conflicted in tag matches, wrestling faces in singles matches while not really acting heelish, then at the Rumble we somehow end up with Bray, Rowan, Harper and Bryan where Rowan and Harper jump over the top and Bryan's all nope and tosses Bray. Something like that.

We've seen this all before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pep9uN9fw1Q

So what would you guys book for Mania then? Using Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Taker, Lesnar, and Batista for sure, and keeping in mind the possibility of guys like Sheamus and HHH having important matches? And possibly Reigns and Wyatt?

Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns are the wild cards. Could see either one in huge matches at Mania. Depends on how the chips fall. The only match I'm pretty certain will happen at Mania is Brock vs Batista. Behind that, I think we see Bryan (still with the Wyatt Family) vs Cena match.

jmdajr

So I guess Rock confirmed on twitter Brock vs Rock was supposed to be a Wrestlmania 30 event.

He said maybe at 31.

Top Bottom