• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

DMczaf

BcsSNINIAAAGu1j.jpg:large

Daneil Bryan as Rambo Wyatt

zvbDlQJ.jpg

What a thrill...

With darkness and silence through the night

What a thrill...

I'm searching and I'll melt into you

What a fear in my heart

But you're so supreme!

I'd give my life

Not for honour, but for you! [Snake Eater]

In my time there'll be no one else

Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Snake Eater]

I'm still in a dream,

Snake Eater!

BFIB

Rumble ending: Bryan finally has a mental breakdown, flees into the mountains of the pacific northwest.

Bryan is dominating the Rumble, right as the Hurricane returns. Bryan disappears, assuming he's dead. He then shows up at EC looking like a lumberjack.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi should get destroyed by Brodus Clay next week

Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns are the wild cards. Could see either one in huge matches at Mania. Depends on how the chips fall. The only match I'm pretty certain will happen at Mania is Brock vs Batista. Behind that, I think we see Bryan (still with the Wyatt Family) vs Cena match.

I would love to see Wyatts vs. The Shield at Mania. But I've been saying for a while I have a feeling Roman Reigns is going to fight the Undertaker.

And, I think the Bryan / Wyatts thing is a ploy and he's back to being a babyface again by the Rumble. And I think he wins the Rumble. And I think he beats Orton or Cena for the title. Yes I'm being serious.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 12/30

8pm: 4.141
9pm: 4.204
10pm: 4.04

Avg: 4.128

A very consistent avg for the last raw of 2013 with no Cena on the show.

BFIB

Raw Viewership for 12/30

8pm: 4.141
9pm: 4.204
10pm: 4.04

Avg: 4.128

A very consistent avg for the last raw of 2013 with no Cena on the show.

Hmmm, no Cena and Raw pulled better numbers than usual?

WWE will spin it and say that people tuned in to see if Cena would show.

Verendus

Banned
I remember that. Years after not watching, I'm finally watching again because of The Rock and this happens in a title match. Such moronic booking.

UberTag

Hmmm, no Cena and Raw pulled better numbers than usual?

WWE will spin it and say that people tuned in to see if Cena would show.
More like they'll spin it as "See how are ratings spiked with no Monday Night Football as competition! Just imagine how high they'll get when Cena is back next week!"

UberTag

That was such great booking. That single moment got DB way more over than any match with Sheamus could have
Revisionist history. DBrine was going to be way over irregardless of that 18-second match at Mania.
There were fucking YES YES YES chants breaking out at the Ring of Honor pay-per-view earlier that weekend.

That match DID contribute to the rabid crowd at RAW the next night. I'll give you that.

Verendus

Banned
I don't for a second believe it was intentional booking to get him super over.
Yeah, I agree. That was pure luck that Raw was so crazy behind him thanks to that terrible decision.

I think what I don't like about these new Wrestlemania shows is that they're way over produced. Every big star has to have a special 10 minute entrance. We have to waste lots of time with skits, or other nonsense. Why can't you just put on some decent length matches? It's a 4 hour event. So much time is wasted on garbage.

I can still remember Wrestlemania 17. That show was great. Even Wrestlemania 21 was good for the most part and they didn't waste too much time. Same with 19.

The past two Wrestlemanias, it felt like things have changed too much. In the old events, you'd have little moments with the commentators just talking up the match a little before it started, giving you a quick rundown on the history. Or other things that helped add to the upcoming match. These days they just go through the motions screaming 'this is amazing, so great, biggest ever' or some other nonsense as if it means anything. Maybe I just hate Mitchell Cole too much.

UberTag

Maybe I just hate Mitchell Cole too much.
One can never hate Mitchell Cole too much.
Although save some of that hate for Lawler.
I actually know JBL could be decent without terrible Vince in his headset.

Anything you actually hear during commentary that makes you want to vomit or die inside is either Vince being himself or Jerry saying something repugnant.

Commentary is worse now than it has ever been before. Even during the Mike Adamle days it was better. Yeah, I went there. At least he gave us "Jamaican me crazy".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't for a second believe it was intentional booking to get him super over.

Really? I'm not sure what else the point of that was supposed to be. It's one of the more iconic Wrestlemania moments of recent times and it certainly wasn't intended to get Sheamus over. It made the people who already loved DB love him even more and it got the casual fans who didn't care for him before to be invested.

Maybe I'm giving Vince too much credit shrug. If he had an actual match with Sheamus it probably would have been lackluster because Sheamus is a shameful thing.

strobogo

Banned
Really? I'm not sure what else the point of that was supposed to be. It's one of the more iconic Wrestlemania moments of recent times and it certainly wasn't intended to get Sheamus over. It made the people who already loved DB love him even more and it got the casual fans who didn't care for him before to be invested.

Maybe I'm giving Vince too much credit shrug. If he had an actual match with Sheamus it probably would have been lackluster because Sheamus is a shameful thing.

I think the entire point was to put Sheamus over huge and it ended up backfiring in a great way that they are still trying to ruin nearly 2 years later. Also, they had great matches together. The 2/3 falls match might have been the WWE match of the year that year.

Top Bottom