• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick: Chapter 2 |OT| I Know Gun Fu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camwi

Wish it was easier for the wife and me to go out and see movies. I think I could probably pass on everything else this year, but I really want to see this in the theater.

Sephzilla

3df3e63d5ec312f9bd2369cf2243368c.gif

KDC720

I don't think anyone expected the first one to reach the heights it did. Very much looking forward to this one.

I am scared this movie might be shitty. Loved the first one so much.

But I think that was pretty much some things falling into line perfectly, and they cannot replicate that for a second movie.

I bought the John Wick Blu-Ray, and showed it to my wife this weekend. After crying during the dog scene, she loved the film. Already bought our tickets to see it on my birthday. I'm praying it doesn't suck.

Sorry man. This is my first try, is rottenwatch a widget thing or just a link to the RT page?
Nope. It's Rottentomatoes score. Usually I put RT score in title and link to it in OP

Edit: can mod change the title to "Yeah, I think I'm back" or "Morpheus v Neo" or "Matrix Continued" etc

Just having "Oh" belies the awesomeness of John Wick 2.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm really worried that people are gonna expect too much of the sequel and critics are just gonna shit all over it.

Chumley

Banned
Nope. It's Rottentomatoes score. Usually I put RT score in title and link to it in OP

Edit: can mod change the title to "Yeah, I think I'm back" or "Morpheus v Neo" or "Matrix Continued" etc

Just having "Oh" belies the awesomeness of John Wick 2.

Linked it. I'm cool with "I'm Thinkin' He's Back" if a mod wants to change it but I'm 90 percent sure Fish and Keanu don't fight in this.

Sephzilla

I'm glad there's so much positive buzz surrounding this movie. First movie was both a complete surprise and an instant classic

Linked it. I'm cool with "I'm Thinkin' He's Back" if a mod wants to change it but I'm 90 percent sure Fish and Keanu don't fight in this.

John Wick: Chapter 2 |OT| The Matrix: Chapter 4

Chumley

Banned
I'm glad there's so much positive buzz surrounding this movie. First movie was both a complete surprise and an instant classic

John Wick: Chapter 2 |OT| The Matrix: Chapter 4

Oh fuck this is good. So simple yet so obvious. Mods, make it so plz.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/6/14514590/john-wick-2-review

Some brief excerpts.

Everything about John Wick: Chapter 2 feels grander. That may sound exhausting, but the long-phased, choreographed action sequences are broken up with just the right amount of exaggerated, awkward conversations that it never feels redundant or monotonous.

Everything from the choreography to the cinematography is a conscious, well-executed decision. It's the kind of control and dedication to the craft — as seen through the scenes focused on Gun Fu — that make John Wick: Chapter 2 such a worthy successor to the first.

I went into John Wick: Chapter 2 expecting a decent sequel that payed homage to the first. I walked out pleasantly surprised at how fresh, unique and improved Stahelski managed to make it seem in comparison to the first, and
excited for the future of the franchise that's already emerging.

Daft_Cat

Conspiracy theory: this entire franchise is actually set in the next cycle of the matrix. John Wick is really Neo - his body preserved in the machine city, his memories wiped, his mind jacked back in as the ultimate protector against the system's latest anomaly: the Russian mob. From afar sits Morpheus, now known as the Bowery King. He watches over Wick. Establishing a casual relationship. Waiting until the time comes to reveal the truth, which takes the form of that all-too familiar choice: two pills. One red. One blue.

Nielm

The posters are good for this movie.

jwxhqoi.png

I really hope this is good. Ever since I heard the first GAF impression, I have been worried. I haven't seen any trailers besides the first one, I don't want any action sequences spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom