• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

284bb0973886f0ba5d0b083b2bf5bbe2fbff1f7bb212e2dfffb9b57f97f7600d_1.jpg
HOLYSHITISTHATAJOJOREFERENCE.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Where's that "wait a minute ... is this a Jojo reference" pic with Josuke and Tonio, I remember Sibersk Esto posting it awhile back and laughing pretty hard.

Also, with the latest Jojolion chapter, it seems we're about to see a fresh crop of antagonists. I'm still not convinced that Jobin and / or Kaato aren't the end game though, even if Araki is framing Jobin as a 'gofer.'

Where's that "wait a minute ... is this a Jojo reference" pic with Josuke and Tonio, I remember Sibersk Esto posting it awhile back and laughing pretty hard.

Also, with the latest Jojolion chapter, it seems we're about to see a fresh crop of antagonists. I'm still not convinced that Jobin and / or Kaato aren't the end game though, even if Araki is framing Jobin as a 'gofer.'

I also like this one:

Part 5 is the part I initially didn't like a lot, and yet it's the part that pops into my mind quite often as well as being what I look forward to revisiting the most.

Numb

I still don't know why people hate part 5, I like it so far.

Giorno is calmer and less jojo(if that is a thing) compared to other Jojos to me. And he lost the swole buff.
His party is godlike tho and without them we would lose more compared to any other part

Part 3 doesn't count. That's the plot and moving about

Giorno is calmer and less jojo(if that is a thing) compared to other Jojos to me. And he lost the swole buff.
His party is godlike tho and without them we would lose more compared to any other part

Part 3 doesn't count. That's the plot and moving about
The crew that hang around Giorno are fucking great. Their outlandish personalities contrast great with Giorno's. I hope David Pro has the budget for their dancing.
Nyet |OT| Florida Woman's Bizarre Prison Life

The subtitle will be in italian :3
Cause the OT of "Plankton, Miami Dolphins and Snails" has too many spoilers in it.

I've never actually eaten a gyro before even though they're available here, what do they taste like?

I've had the Arby's Gyro and it's terrible. Find some kind of Mediterranean place in your city and get an authentic one. They taste better. I actually think it's the lack of lamb in the Arby's one that makes it taste off to me.

I trust they are paid quite well, and they seem to really enjoy it -- these aren't just vague shapes being shit out at minimum wage.

And we love it! It's awesome ahaha.

Breads

Banned
I still don't know why people hate part 5, I like it so far.

You're probably reading the improved translation.

Much like Part 4 pre Diamond is Unbreakable anime most english speakers read through a pretty shit translation of the story first.

Where Part 4 translation was merely bad though parts of that part 5 translation were literally made up and then fixed later by committee. It's a mess that robs characters of their personality and left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouthes. I need to check on the progress of the retranslation because I want to jump back in again myself as I too was one of the ones that felt it was memorable but not nearly as likable as some of the other parts.

You're probably reading the improved translation.

Much like Part 4 pre Diamond is Unbreakable anime most english speakers read through a pretty shit translation of the story first.

Where Part 4 translation was merely bad though parts of that part 5 translation were literally made up and then fixed later by committee. It's a mess that robs characters of their personality and lest a bad taste in a lot of people's mouthes. I need to check on the progress of the retranslation because I want to jump back in again myself as I too was one of the ones that felt it was memorable but not nearly as likable as some of the other parts.
I think it's up to volume 7. The cast is great and Giorno's not bad at all, he's actually very different from Josuke while not being Jotaro in the process.

The dialogue of the old Part 5 scanlation reminds me of the dialogue in Sonic Adventure with the 0% of similes, metaphors and what have you...for a series like JoJo, that is just way too unacceptable for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom