• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea such a thing even existed...
Blame the 1999 anime, lol
It actively shipped Kurapika and Leorio for a good bit

The non-canon ending it would've had in the middle of Yorknew, which the director initially wanted before Togashi intervened, involved Kurapika dying in Leorio's arms, even

Blame the 1999 anime, lol
It actively shipped Kurapika and Leorio like...a LOT during the Hunter Exam arc

The non-canon ending it would've had in the middle of Yorknew the director initially wanted before Togashi intervened involved Kurapika dying in Leorio's arms, even
Holy Jesus, I've seen about 12 eps of that thing, they must have went really off manga with it. Just read the edits...that must be the work of an enemy stand under the influence of Nen.

So I was perusing tumblr for Jojo fan art when I came across this post: http://lorddio.tumblr.com/post/159162508053/ok-so-the-director-of-the-jojo-anime-naokatsu that talks about a q & a done by anime director Naokatsu Tsuda at anime boston

Some cliff notes are:

Araki approached them with the idea of foreshadowing Kira

He based the colors on the medicos palettes

His favorite openings are the first one and great days

The all star battle VOs were allowed to reaudition, but whereas they recorded their work individually for the game, anime is recorded as a group. As such, he went with a group of VOs he felt meshed better as a group

He really wants to animate all the parts, particularly 8

Araki liking Crazy Noisy... and Great Days makes sense, but then it's weird that Chase gets no mention when we know Araki's tastes can be all over the place if Limp Bizkit and Marilyn Manson references are taken into account.

cntr

Banned
That's the director's favorite openings, not Araki's.

e: and I think he meant Sono Chi no Sadame, not Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

caliph95

I would laugh if he saw it and hated the character designs.
SadJE8Y.jpg
He would hate Stone Ocean i bet

Feeling like Shinobu while waiting on the Vento Aureo anime announcement
(Don't save this haphazard gif. It's been a little while since I last gif'd things, so I might have to redo this soon when it's not so late)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom