• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Yes
Is is known
image.php

cntr

Banned
that's assuming vampire traits are actually genetic

but even if theey are, Giorno would be a dhampir, and so presumably avoids most vampire flaws

Giorno might be biologically Jonathan's kid, but he's really Dio's kid through and through
Giorno draws people to him with his cool charisma. I wonder if Dio would be proud of his Stand. "But Giorno, the mechanics of your stand are too abstract. It shouts 'Muda' I love it."

cntr

Banned
Vento Aureo's neat since it's mostly subtle stuff like that.

Like, did you notice that whenever four things show up in the series, something bad happens? Like in Mista's backstory, he fires exactly four shots, and gets punished for it.

caliph95

That was a pretty good read. It's actually interesting that the only two people that speak proper Japanese are the villainous lawyer and the mafia kid. Giorno is kind, but yeah...he'll fucking kill your ass if he doesn't like you. Killed that fat dude the first chance he got, wasn't even in a comedic way.
I mean tbf he did that because fat bastard killed an innocent bystander young Jonathan and Jotaro wouldn't shed a tear but yeah Giorno is ruthless

Like, did you notice that whenever four things show up in the series, something bad happens? Like in Mista's backstory, he fires exactly four shots, and gets punished for it.
Yeah this one does seem like the most subtle part, but at the same time it's very straight forward in a way. It doesn't meander on anything for too long and you know why everything is happening, it's just one weird ass part because the stands are crazy.
I mean tbf he did that because fat bastard killed an innocent bystander young Jonathan and Jotaro wouldn't shed a tear but yeah Giorno is ruthless
Jonathan would probably be pissed, but would just talk Polpio to death. Jotaro probably wouldn't say anything though.

caliph95

That is funny thinking about it

cntr

Banned
Fours being unlucky also contrasts with Giorno's three thing.

That is funny thinking about it
also, the Sex Pistols are numbed from 1 to 7, skipping 4, but Cinque gets treated like shit by the others because he's really number 4, and Mista unconsciously hates him.

caliph95

Yeah this one does seem like the most subtle part, but at the same time it's very straight forward in a way. It doesn't meander on anything for too long and you know why everything is happening, it's just one weird ass part because the stands are crazy.

Jonathan would probably be pissed, but would just talk Polpio to death. Jotaro probably wouldn't say anything though.
just realised fucked up meant Joseph not jonathan

Who is more ruthless Part 7 Jonathan or Gio

cntr

Banned
Giorno and Johnny are the most ruthless Jojos, and they're the only two that kill in cold blood. Even Gappy only kills when he's pissed off.

Which makes sense, they're a mafioso and a cowboy.

New chapter's out

Rai Mamezuku stand is called *snicker* Doggystyle and it looks weird.

Hints of a secret society established.

Also, Rai, if you hurt Yasuho then you gots to go.

caliph95

New chapter's out

Rai Mamezuku stand is called *snicker* Doggystyle and it looks weird.

Hints of a secret society established.

Also, Rai, if you hurt Yasuho then you gots to go.
Hey Gappy broke a promise, fair's fair

Also this chapter was tripping my trypophobia

Also Snoop DoGG

cntr

Banned
Yasuho noooooo aside, looks like we're finally in the mystery solving section of Jojolion!

...so like, the Rokakaka is the equivalent of the Stone Mask/Red Stone of Aja, right?

caliph95

Yasuho noooooo aside, looks like we're finally in the mystery solving section of Jojolion!

...so like, the Rokakaka is the equivalent of the Stone Mask/Red Stone of Aja, right?
We had Pillar men so why not

Also Gappy is not going to be happy luckily he needs him for his mom

Tizoc

Going to sleep but would help if i know the episodes

Oh i kill an innocent person every time i fail to kill you, tell it to someone who gives a shit i want my revenge

Sure!
Check episodes
5 and 6
21 and 22

of the first half of Part 3 anime

Euphony

Banned
Things are starting to heat up fast. I'm really liking this arc so far too. I'm a bit confused over what Mamezuku said about the fruit though. He said
that the enemy is looking for the "new Rokakaka fruit and scientific data on it", but isn't the fruit that's growing on the branch right now no different than any other Rokakaka fruit? Unless he meant new as in the fruit has just now fully grown. But if that's the case then doesn't the enemy (rock humans and friends) already have a supply of the fruit?

Also Yasuho was right,
he really is a dickhead

cntr

Banned
Basically, when Josefumi stole the Rokakaka branch and used his stand to graft it onto a normal tree, he accidentally created a new kind of Rokakaka. We don't know what exactly makes it different, but it's only with the New Rokakaka that someone like Gappy could exist (though the natural power of the beach interfered there), so it's presumably very different. And now, according to Rai, it's possible to derive an immortality drug from it.

(Or in other words, if the Rokakaka is like the Stone Mask, the New Rokakaka is like the Red Stone of Aja.)

Euphony

Banned
I see, I just assumed that the reason why Gappy came to be was mostly due to the Wall Eyes and not the fruit. I didn't think of it the other way around. Maybe what makes the new Rokakaka special is that it was grown with the Wall Eye soil which gave it some of its unique properties.

cntr

Banned
My guess is the New Rokakaka is special both for being a hybrid and grown from Wall Eye soil, and when Josefumi used it on Kira, something special happened. We don't know what, but we do know that the normal Rokakaka takes things from yourself (the baseball pitcher lost his own mouth in exchange for being healed), but when Josefumi uses the New Rokakaka, his face starts breaking apart, not Kira's. And then the Wall Eye soil merged their two bodies in some unique way, resulting in Gappy.

(If I had to randomly guess, I'd say from how Gappy looks so much more like Kira than Josefumi, that the New Rokakaka was going to sacrifice Josefumi's body to restore Kira back to life, but being merged by the Wall Eyes stopped that from properly working or interfered somehow. Take that with a bucket of salt, though.)

Euphony

Banned
I went back and reread the chapters and you're totally right. Right after feeding Kira the fruit, Josefumi's body started to crumble and be exchanged in order to heal Kira's wounds. I do like your theory about how the new Rokakaka works too as it makes sense. If both of them didn't get buried in the Wall Eyes, the Equivalent Exchange might have finished allowing Kira to come back to life. If the new fruit allows for someone to exchange themselves to another person, I guess it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for one person to exchange away their youth to someone else, hence the interest in immortality.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, plus, the New Rokakaka sacrificing others for your own immortality fits the Pillar Man thing the Rock Humans have going on too. It's vampire-like.

Euphony

Banned
I really need to go back and reread Parts 1 and 2 since it's been so long. I barely remember what happened in both apart from major story beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom