• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

There is only one weak link in Part 5, otherwise it would be the best:

Giorno, all said and done, is the weakest of the JoJo's.

cntr

Banned
I like Giorno a lot, especially in retrospect, but yeah.

The anime will probably help him there, with the voice acting and music.

StayDead

Honestly if I'm going to rate them so far it would be Joseph / Giorno > Jotaro > Josuke > Jonathan.

I just... don't like Josuke as much as other people. If anything I thought he was one of the weaker characters in Diamond is Unbreakable. The supporting cast and villains made Part 4 what it was for me. I also really like Giorno.

Pein

Banned
Small but cool coincidence I'm doing cardio and I'm about to stream jojo and walk like an Egyptian starts playing on the gym speakers. I thought that was neat lol.

I wouldn't exactly call Giorno weak, but I think his attitude is to not stand out. He's the straight man in a group full of crazy ass people. Half that cast is only alive or at least not dead earlier because Giorno kept his head calm and plot no jutsu'd their way out of certain death. Pretty much Jotaro and Giorno are the planners, Joseph is that brash ruffian that you give a suicide plan and have it succeed...I'm not sure what Josuke is though.
Yeah giogio sucks
He started off being interesting but then turned to a plot device 1 dimentional character
"I turned that bullet into a stag beetle and had it return to you." "The wood became a bullet after you killed that tree." That stand makes me fucking head hurt.

StayDead

The one thing I cannot stand about Jotaro is the fact if he had actually kept training the World, all of part 4 would've been a complete cake walk. In part 4 he seemed to have this aversion for using it, but had he have trained to last more seconds in The World like Dio did he could've probably killed Kira by himself.

cntr

Banned
The one thing I cannot stand about Jotaro is the fact if he had actually kept training the World, all of part 4 would've been a complete cake walk. In part 4 he seemed to have this aversion for using it, but had he have trained to last more seconds in The World like Dio did he could've probably killed Kira by himself.
For what it's worth, Araki eventually retcons this and makes it out that using time stop is a severe strain, especially on the heart, and physically difficult. So Dio could stop time for so long because he was a vampire and could ignore physical issues like that, while Jotaro was a stressed out introverted dude
with an awful family life
who couldn't really handle it.

Jolyne making a bet about who can not masturbate for the longest, she clearly watches Seinfeld...and yeah Tom Cruise exists in the Jojo-verse. Jolyne is all kinds of cute. Nothing says I love you like helping your BF with a shitty haircut stuffing a dead body into a trunk. What the fuck is up with this lawyer's ears? It's like he stepped out of fucking Narnia. Is there an exact reason why Jolyne doesn't have a lawyer from the Speedwagon Foundation? GET CHOCKED THE FUCK OUT YOU CROOKED LAWYER ASS MOTHERFUCKER!!

Can you guess who that character with the amulet was at the end of chapter 3, Jaded?
I'm not even sure what chapter I'm on. I'm at the part where Guess is acting crazy bananas with her bird with like a fucking miniature human being in it or something. Is Guess the daughter of that dude that had Little Feet? "Get the fuck in the rat corpse Jolyne."

I'm not even sure what chapter I'm on. I'm at the part where Guess is acting crazy bananas with her bird with like a fucking miniature human being in it or something. Is Guess the daughter of that dude that had Little Feet? "Get the fuck in the rat corpse Jolyne."
That's the first jojo chapter I ever read. Just started reading out of curiosity

"Confused" is an understatement

cntr

Banned
Araki got away with a literal masturbation joke in Shounen Jump, a magazine aimed at teenagers and children.

And he should've moved to Jump's seinen magazine since that probably tanked its popularity, heh.

cntr

Banned
You and me both know Naruto turned to shit and I'm not the biggest fan of One Piece.
I know and agree, but gotta mention what it was up against!

I'm amazed Araki was able to finish SO in Shonen Jump considering the bullshit that happens in the latter half, not even going into detail on the final battle.
tbh, shounen's always been a lot more lenient about this kind of stuff, more than you'd think.

cntr

Banned
All of Go Nagai's manga ran in Weekly Shounen Magazine, iirc. But yeah even Jump wasn't far off with Fist of the North Star.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FOTNS was marketed to kids. Shonen didn't give a fuck. What did Violence Jack run in?
Weekly Shonen Magazine, the same magazine that has stuff like Fairy Tail, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Devil Man, Love Hina, Great Teacher Onizuka, Cromartie High, Air Gear, Zetsubou-Sensei, & more.

Stone Ocean started around the same time One Piece and Naruto did, iirc.

Damn, Stone Ocean was up against peak Naruto? That's rough.

Edit: Getting around to reading the latest Jojolion, had to stop after seeing the appraiser's stand's name. That's MONEY.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
IIRC Araki listed Narancia's favorite artists as Snoop and Tupac, which I thought was perfect.

cntr

Banned
C6hvwBmU0AAYXTL.jpg

C6hvxAkVAAApAPN.jpg
so apparently araki listened to this album while making vento aureo

kai3345

Banned
Is there anywhere to stream the dubbed version online? Everywhere im looking only has the subbed version.

Only place i've found with the dub is Adult Swim but they don't even start with episode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom