• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

The+joestar+family+line_b988af_6009517.jpg

WHAT THE FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK AM I READING? So Diavolo is to suffer an eternity of dying in his head? That's what GER does...it mind rapes you?

Matsukaze

WHAT THE FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING FUCKING FUCK AM I READING? So Diavolo is to suffer an eternity of dying in his head? That's what GER does...it mind rapes you?
It's a bit more metaphysical. It's more like he's stuck in his own little pocket dimension of constant death loops while everyone else in the world goes about their business.

It's a bit more metaphysical. It's more like he's stuck in his own little pocket dimension of constant death loops while everyone else in the world goes about their business.
How does this even make sense? No wonder why people said GER can defeat Ultimate Kars. He'd just trap him in a pocket dimension and have him witness his own death constantly till he says fuck it and stops thinking.

cntr

Banned
The idea is that King Crimson essentially erases actions (via erasing time) and skips directly to the results, so Gold Experience Requiem allows actions, but erases results from happening. So Diavolo is dying, but can't ever get to actual death.

Plus, as implied by Silver Chariot Requiem, GER has the power to control souls (specifically for GER, willpower), and thus stands. So he didn't just trap Diavolo in a death loop, he destroyed King Crimson and all of Diavolo's willpower.

...and since GER did that all on his own, Giorno doesn't know shit about what happened.

The idea is that King Crimson essentially erases actions (via erasing time) and skips directly to the results, so Gold Experience Requiem allows actions, but erases results from happening. So Diavolo is dying, but can't ever get to actual death.

Plus, as implied by Silver Chariot Requiem, GER has the power to control souls (specifically for GER, willpower), and thus stands. So he didn't just trap Diavolo in a death loop, he destroyed King Crimson and all of Diavolo's willpower.

...and since GER did that all on his own, Giorno doesn't know shit about what happened.
And Part 6 is supposed to be more mind bending than this? I already need to lie down.

cntr

Banned
oh, don't worry about that, lol

Part 5 isn't the bizarrest part, but it never gets so confusing and abstract again. Maaaaaybe Soft 'n Wet, but that's still straight-forward compared to Part 5.

caliph95

Part 7 (which probably why i like it so much) is the most straight forward while still "bizzare"
well besides some stuff with spin

cntr

Banned
SBR's a lot more subdued, but it's bizarre af once you start thinking about it

the book of mormon is canon in jojo

oh, don't worry about that, lol

Part 5 isn't the bizarrest part, but it never gets so confusing and abstract again. Maaaaaybe Soft 'n Wet, but that's still straight-forward compared to Part 5.
So pretty much Part 5 is Araki taking a magic puff puff while listening to Rush and Pink Floyd while writing and Part 6 is just more bat shit whacky stand hijinks?

cntr

Banned
So pretty much Part 5 is Araki taking a magic puff puff while listening to Rush and Pink Floyd while writing and Part 6 is just more bat shit whacky stand hijinks?
Pretty much. There's still some subtle stuff, but only in the sense that "you might forget about it". It never gets as mindbending weirdo thematic as VA.

Whitesnake >>>>>>>>> King Crimson

That is all.
Whitesnake, Killer Queen, and D4C are my favorite main villain stands.

cntr

Banned
Kira got a pretty karmic afterlife, but I think Jaded meant Kars.

Tough call. What's worse, infinite boredom or being killed endlessly?

I honestly did mean Kira. Though I guess once the novelty of getting your head crushed by an ambulance wears off, it's pretty mundane. Kars got done dirty...would've actually one. Diavolo...fuck...that's a kill that even Kurama would be proud of.
Diavolo is still dying as we speak.
For all we know during one of his deaths Trish kills him.

Well

Kars has the fact that he might crash into a planet or be picked up by aliens one day.

So dying constantly is worse.

I honestly did mean Kira. Though I guess once the novelty of getting your head crushed by an ambulance wears off, it's pretty mundane. Kars got done dirty...would've actually one. Diavolo...fuck...that's a kill that even Kurama would be proud of.

For all we know during one of his deaths Trish kills him.

KURAMA FROM YU YU HAKUSHO

I LOVE KURAMA

HES SMART AND PRETTY AND RUTHLESS

cntr

Banned
Kira's afterlife is him never being able to get a peaceful and quiet life ever again, doomed to be forever lost and worried. It's pretty karmic.

still want to know how that girl with the balloon would've killed Diavolo

KURAMA FROM YU YU HAKUSHO

I LOVE KURAMA

HES SMART AND PRETTY AND RUTHLESS
Yeah Diavolo's death makes me think that Araki read YYH, it's too similar in a way to the Elder Toguro death, except one's in the mind, the other is just literally in a death loop. Like Diavolo's playing COD, but he's forever being spawn camped.

cntr

Banned
I kind of like the idea of those band members we saw during the Joshu chapter being Jojolion Pillar Men + Red Hot Chili Peppers.

totally baseless theory of course, but still

I guess I was expecting more of an actual fight with Diavolo, I guess Araki wanted to try something different by having the race to the Stand Arrow being the climax moment of the story?

cntr

Banned
Diavolo's neat if you read between the lines too, but yeah he ranks in the lower half of the Jojo villain scale for me. I read part 5 mainly for the Gang, not him.

(King Crimson's face is the best tho.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom