• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

caliph95

images

images

cntr

Banned
a random thought

There must be a bunch of people like Okuyasu's dad around the world, since Dio couldn't have implanted the flesh buds into just three people, right?

My blu-ray should be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to finally own this series on physical media and have the publisher give a shit about it.

On an off topic note, I finished my playthrough of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 today and I think I'm too far gone. I couldn't help seeing Ansem as a stand user during the final battle.

He pretty much is a stand user

I always like the way he said the 'COME GUARDIAN!' Line. I bet whoever designed the boss fight, loved JoJo.

On an off topic note, I finished my playthrough of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 today and I think I'm too far gone. I couldn't help seeing Ansem as a stand user during the final battle.

49b.png

i'm not sure if it's a problem then when any time some one shows up with that kind of power i think of jojos

Butch Hartman just drew (Part VI) Jotaro:

So, my friend had an internship last year in the Nickelodeon Studios of Burbank, and was working in close quarters with him.

Around this time last year, he was watching JoJo Part IV while there (episode 18?), then Butch had walked on by and asked him about it. He texted me some time after.

Stole those lyrics from MAL (hehe >:D) and added to them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sweet, got my BD from RightStuf today. Bandanna was separate from the BD (no surprise), & really digging the packaging. Each disc is 6 or 7 episodes each, & the BD case even has the same pattern as the bandanna on the reverse side of the cover.

Viz seriously went out of their way to make this a really neat LE, & I cannot wait to see what they do for Parts 3 & 4.

Also, something makes me laugh about the fact that the US rating is TV14, but then right next to it, the Canadian rating is PG.

Artbook is really cool as there's storyboards for each episode, a comment from the director, & what his favorite scene was for each Part 1 episode (a shame he didn't do this for Part 2)

cntr

Banned
You guys are crazy if you think that would actually happen and that Netflix would be able to provide a higher budget than what Part 5 is actually gonna get. You remember Castlevania was 4 episodes long, right?

Even if it had a chance of happening, it would nix any chance of Part 5 airing on Toonami, which...nah.

Edit: Also, none of Part 3 or 4's animation problems came from budget, they were production problems. Budget was only an issue with Part 1 and 2.

cntr

Banned
Jojolion's pretty fun.

...also, are you really complaining about dropped plot points in Jojo? And in a part about a confusing mystery that hasn't finished yet?

caliph95

Jojolion's pretty fun.

...also, are you really complaining about dropped plot points in Jojo? And in a part about a confusing mystery that hasn't finished yet?
Remember Fugo
Remember the guy who looked like Josuke at flashback
Remember how stands were introduced with a motif

cntr

Banned
It isn't really possible to tell which plot points Araki dropped and which Araki is withholding until later right now. Like, for example, Araki did remember to have a scene of Kira making a guy eat his fingers, even though that was mentioned only once way back at the beginning of Jojolion.

So who knows.

Valhelm

contribute something
Aborting the
time travel bit
from Part 4, yet still including it in the anime, was funny as hell.

Faithfulness to the source material should only go so far.

Aborting the
time travel bit
from Part 4, yet still including it in the anime, was funny as hell.

Faithfulness to the source material should only go so far.

It's not like the Josuke flashback doesn't work if it's not a time travel story.

It just means that he was just by a random guy with a pompadour.

Valhelm

contribute something
It's not like the Josuke flashback doesn't work if it's not a time travel story.

It just means that he was just rescued by a guy.

But then that scene loses all significance!!

I'm still holding out for Kars to crash back in part 9 and uses his unlimited power to merge the timelines and fix the plotholes.

cntr

Banned
People would riot if they took that scene out. I'd be really disappointed if they did.

The anime does make the guy not look completely like Josuke, he's missing a lot of the accessories and extra details. For that matter, I remember the manga doing that too, but I'd have to recheck to be sure.

Whatever Araki intended at the time, it's an ambiguous scene. You can just as easily take it at face value and have it really be a random guy. And hey, Araki must've thought that interpretation was interesting enough, since he did the same thing for Giorno's backstory.

But then that scene loses all significance!!
Not really?? What's wrong with it just being a character moment for Josuke?

And it's not like leaving it a mystery isn't interesting.

chocolate disco

Neo Member
Jojolion's pretty fun.

I handled it well while reading other parts, but I'm reading it ongoing so... It's much harder to overlook it now.

About "it's a mystery part"... If he didn't handle it well in the past, then he surely will not bother with it now.

===
That flashback with the surfer was a nice surprise, yeah. But it's still not reassuring. We all know about that other time when he also demonstrated that he "doesn't forget": the infamous coffin from the first part. That's kind of the author he is.

===
Jojolion's plenty charming!

Among many other moments!

There is no bromance in this part sadly. I need more of that.

Top Bottom