• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

caliph95

Annasui is great because he is constantly getting dunked on, hard
"Doesn't really understand what's going on. Just kind of following Weather to find Jolyne."
It's weird he (an insane obsessive murdererended being the straight man to weather but hilarious as well

I do love when he tried to propose and Jolyne by accident threw the ring out of the window

Jolyne threw his wedding ring at a fucking alligator. Annasui just swimming in L's. Pucci didn't even bother to wash the blood out of his hair or clothes, dude just looks shady.

Pucci is looking for Jolyne like:
i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

MOTHERFUCKING MOBIUS STRIP!!!!

PUCCI NEVER FUCKING GIVES UP!!!!!!!!!!
So...Shonen Jump exists in the Jojo verse.
Annasui: "I need you to let me marry your daughter, even if I am a murderer I need this to happen."
Jotaro: "Motherfucker are you fucking insane babbling in this situation."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Shonen Jump is mentioned right at the beginning of Part 3. It was also said in the anime version, even the dub flat-out says "Shonen Jump"

.........which raises a bunch of questions if you think about it.

Shonen Jump is mentioned right at the beginning of Part 3. It was also said in the anime version, even the dub flat-out says "Shonen Jump"

.........which raises a bunch of questions if you think about it.
I've only seen Part 3 like once and that was before I was super into Jojo. How many times does Jotaro have to see knives raining down on his relatives? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? I THINK PUCCI IS FUCKING WINNING WHY IS HE MORE EFFICIENT THAN DIAVOLO AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! JOLYNE IS LIVING JOTARO'S DREAM AND IS RIDING ON A DOLPHIN!!!

caliph95

PUCCI NEVER FUCKING GIVES UP!!!!!!!!!!
So...Shonen Jump exists in the Jojo verse.
Annasui: "I need you to let me marry your daughter, even if I am a murderer I need this to happen."
Jotaro: "Motherfucker are you fucking insane babbling in this situation."
RAisKHf.jpg

w4K0uMx.jpg

MY NEW SILICONE BOOBS!!!! Does time go back to normal...ever dafuq is going on here!!!!
WHY IS EMPORIO BEING BLASTED INTO FUCKING SPACE WITH A SHIT TON OF OCEANIC WILDLIFE WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!!
3133-Gordon-What-is-going-on.gif

CNTR USE YOUR STANDO TO DECIPHER THIS SHIT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

cntr

Banned
Moving here from the Toonami thread...

Wait, WHAT? We might need to continue this in the Jojo OT because I haven't heard the complete context for the ending aside from "wtf, why'd they change it to be worse" but damn. I guess I kind of see the logic from a "we want to get people to see the sequel" perspective, but it brings along quite a few changes that could end up for the worse.
The movie covers Aqua Necklace and the Nijimura Brothers,
but Keicho is killed by Sheer Heart Attack
. So everything from the first half of DiU excluding Yukako but including Shigechi is gone.

...and it makes no sense, because there's no way Kira would do that. That's why the movie bombed.

. So everything from the first half of DiU excluding Yukako but including Shigechi is gone.

...and it makes no sense, because there's no way Kira would do that. That's why the movie bombed.

"How do we get Kira into this movie?"
"Let's just have him be the main villain from the start"
"Brilliant."

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, yeah, part of what made Part 4 so great was that there wasn't a villain from the get-go & just wanted to lay low.

........so they change it to be "hey, we need more connections between our heroes & Kira" & by having the character who tries to stay out of trouble be MORE INVOLVED....

I kind of want to see this for myself, but it still baffles me why this change was made aside from "Hey, let's tease that the sequel will have Kira" but there would've been sooo many better ways to do so.

caliph95

Why did Kira do that

That feels like a really out-of-character thing for Kira to do. His whole thing is staying as out of trouble as possible, and then he just blows up Keicho because....?

Man, and part of the impact of his debut was the whole thing with Reimi being all "there's a serial killer in Morioh," is that gone too now?

cntr

Banned
Presumably, the second movie is going to cover Yukako + Cinderella and then go into SHA, with or without Reimi. Or was going to cover, since it's not happening now.

Ray Down

Banned
It also doesn't help the movie doesn't really explain much for new comers so there gonna be confused and then it's not really satisfying if your fan.

That feels like a really out-of-character thing for Kira to do. His whole thing is staying as out of trouble as possible, and then he just blows up Keicho because....?

Man, and part of the impact of his debut was the whole thing with Reimi being all "there's a serial killer in Morioh," is that gone too now?
Maybe Keicho was fucking with his plant like harmony.
It also doesn't help the movie doesn't really explain much for new comers so there gonna be confused and then it's not really satisfying if your fan.
Who was this movie even made for?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Personally I feel Jojo would benefit more from a Western TV series.
More than One Piece at least.
Wouldn't have to worry about white-washing either, the main Jojos that are Japanese are only half-Japanese, and you can cast a white guy that way (look up actor Robert Baldwin).

Or I could just be tired and crazy.

caliph95

Personally I feel Jojo would benefit more from a Western TV series.
More than One Piece at least.
Wouldn't have to worry about white-washing either, the main Jojos that are Japanese are only half-Japanese, and you can cast a white guy that way (look up actor Robert Baldwin).

Or I could just be tired and crazy.
Nah it would have been better off like though only part 4 would have a reasonable budget.........

cntr

Banned
Eh, I feel like Jojo is best suited for comics or animation in the end. Live-action doesn't feel right.

Eh, I feel like Jojo is best suited for comics or animation in the end. Live-action doesn't feel right.

Netflix's eventual Jojo's Bizarre Adventure starring Christoph Waltz as Dio is going to be sick though.

(I'm actually excited for Death Note though, strangely enough)

I don't think live action Jojo would be...impossible. Some design alterations here and there, maybe a bit more OVA style in tone, and it would be fine.

It's not like "heroes fighting against a stream of episodic enemies with wacky powers" is some foreign concept to western TV.

Top Bottom