• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Pikma

Banned
Wrestling gaf should be thrilled then, considering how hard they've been stanning for Dean over the past year

wrestling gaf this wrestling gaf that

your posts directed to no one always make you seem so pathetic, as if you were looking for some kind of stupid recognition about irrelevant things nobody cares about, well I mean, nobody except you

or maybe it's gimmick posting, I can't tell anymore

I mean if you want Ziggler to look credible having him beat AJ makes sense, but he was 50/50 booked with Corbin for crying out loud. Ehhhh we'll see. I like the idea of him turning heel with Alexa.

Alucard

Banned
Surely you all can acknowledge that Dolph has better matches than fin

they're about the same, dream. i dont know how long it'll take the internet to treat finn like they now treat dolph though

Yeah, I don't see the big deal with Balor and never did, even with the New Japan stuff. The demon entrance is cool at least?

Meh. He's as interesting as Ambrose in-ring to me...which means he isn't all that interesting.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
There's one man that could add so much to this SmackDown roster.

tumblr_mdrpbwi5S11qlrs5eo1_r1_250.gif

This episode was alright, but this roster feels...eh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean if you want Ziggler to look credible having him beat AJ makes sense, but he was 50/50 booked with Corbin for crying out loud. Ehhhh we'll see. I like the idea of him turning heel with Alexa.

So basically the exact same storyline Ziggler has used every single time he was featured in the last decade

Pikma

Banned
Sooooo it looks like Zack Sabre Jr. didn't/wasn't able to accept WWE's offer either

I feel like this CWC thing isn't going according to their plans in terms of talent attraction/signing

I bet some of this will be adressed if the tournament returns next year

dream

wrestling gaf this wrestling gaf that

your posts directed to no one always make you seem so pathetic, as if you were looking for some kind of stupid recognition about irrelevant things nobody cares about, well I mean, nobody except you

or maybe it's gimmick posting, I can't tell anymore

When I address wrestling gaf, I am actually addressing wrestling gaf as a whole, because other than cagey and data, there is always a consensus of the month in this community

Valentus

Sooooo it looks like Zack Sabre Jr. didn't/wasn't able to accept WWE's offer either

I feel like this CWC thing isn't going according to their plans in terms of talent attraction/signing

All the cruiserweights know that their destiny in WWE eventually is the comedy jobbing.

Smackdown starting out as a snoozer might be ok for the long run. Slowly establishing and building credibility from the scratch could be a good thing. I say this as someone who hasn't watched a second of it due to family stuff btw lol

I'm fine with indiers not being handcuffed to this shit in favor of getting to have more opportunity and hope

Pikma

Banned
I'm surprised they're putting so many unsigned guys over, I know they basically have no competition so they have nothing to fear but still, this is not typical of them, quite the opposite

I feel like Shane announced Ziggler as going to Smackdown instead of Cesaro by mistake and they've just had to go with it.

I'm surprised they're putting so many unsigned guys over, I know they basically have no competition so they have nothing to fear but still, this is not typical of them, quite the opposite

I think they're cognisant of people going over with their audience based on their performance and that the series will benefit from putting on the best matches possible. There are a lot of guys who went out in the first round that I'd like to see more of so I'd be happy if they got signed.

Gurrry

Man.. SD needs Cesaro more than ever now.

I guess im ok with ziggler, but this SD pretty much proved that its DOA until it gets more big names.

Caderfix

You know what, I don't care about Finn and HATED every single Ziggler feud, and actually think his gimmick is awful, but to shake things up, for SS I'm team DolFinn.

Man.. SD needs Cesaro more than ever now.

It needs Kevin Fucking Owens more than anything else.

Ziggler has a shot to be a good main event heel and get back his Mojo. Im alright with this.

AJ getting pinned sucks, but he did kick out of the AA

I cant believe Im more entertained with Ziggler than balor

Toki767

The booking for Smackdown must be some elaborate rib on Bryan and Shane for constantly saying they'd make things completely new and fresh.

Cause it sure makes them look stupid.

Fantomex

After watching both shows I'm definitely happy with my choice to stick with Smackdown only. It's a much tighter show, I like the people on it, and I'm happy with where they are going with it so far.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Wrestling gaf should be thrilled then, considering how hard they've been stanning for Dean over the past year

I don't get most of wrestle gaf anymore. I don't agree or disagree with them I'm just done trying to figure them out. I felt Smackdown was a bit mediocre, RAW was fantastic though.

Ziggler has a shot to be a good main event heel and get back his Mojo. Im alright with this.

AJ can be a better main event heel than Dolph ever could be. Dolph just hasn't done shit to deserve the shot. He hasn't put on fun matches like Cesaro has and all he seems to do is bitch about the position he's in.

Valentus

talking about more relevant things (because anything is more relevant than smackthunder)

watching again bayley entrance in battleground https://streamable.com/yx21

it looks like wwe made a titantron for her just for this event, because i didnt see that titantron before.

Good shit haitch, giving bayley the treatment she deserves, and the crowd corroborated that.

UberTag

You know what, I don't care about Finn and HATED every single Ziggler feud, and actually think his gimmick is awful, but to shake things up, for SS I'm team DolFinn.
Damn... now you're making me disappointed that Team DolFinn won't be a thing.

I think that says more about Balor than it does about Dolph because Ziggles didn't do anything different tonight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Ziggler was a heel before and he was fucking terrible

Barrage

Its no problem. If they dont sign, they job. The benefits of controlling the outcome.

When I address wrestling gaf, I am actually addressing wrestling gaf as a whole, because other than cagey and data, there is always a consensus of the month in this community

It is interesting how the same exact people have the same exact contrary opinion every month. Maybe you are a special snowflake after all.

KissVibes

Banned
I love the WWE.com promo Ziggler cut where he refused to say Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews' names. He just called them the new kids.

AJ can be a better main event heel than Dolph ever could be. Dolph just hasn't done shit to deserve the shot. He hasn't put on fun matches like Cesaro has and all he seems to do is bitch about the position he's in.

Just like a true modern-day republican.

Meiko Satomura vs. Io Shirai from Sendai Girls' 10th Anniversary Show in July was, as you'd expect, awesome. They're both competing at incredibly high levels, and the match just breezes by even though it's 20+ minutes long.

Io Shirai would like to remind everyone that joshi wrestlers don't fuck around.

And that Charlotte isn't the only woman wrestler who can hit the moonsault:

I'm sure we'll see this spot from Cesaro or Elgin soon, and everyone will lose their minds when they should be losing their minds now:

Recommended.

kiguel182

Just finished smackdown and well, at least is something different. Give some different dudes a chance.

Also, Heath Slater deserves better than being a jobber.

I'm in with this new Smackdown. The roster is thin but there's a lot of talent here that hopefully will be better used than they would on Raw.

Can someone comment on the last brand split and how each compared? It seems like Smackdown gave rise to a lot of talent but I can't tell how frequently guys like Angle, Cena, RKO, Batista moved between them.

Rhyno....oh brother

Can someone comment on the last brand split and how each compared? It seems like Smackdown gave rise to a lot of talent but I can't tell how frequently guys like Angle, Cena, RKO, Batista moved between them.

Rhyno....oh brother

I didn't watch that much, but apparently Smackdown with Heyman writing was fantastic.

I have never been a huge fan of brand splits myself. I stopped watching for the longest time after they did their very first one.

I didn't watch that much, but apparently Smackdown with Heyman writing was fantastic.

I have never been a huge fan of brand splits myself. I stopped watching for the longest time after they did their very first one.

Was just reading about the Smackdown Six, which I didn't know had a name but I'm not surprised they were so crucial in the build up of Smackdown.

sora87

As long as they get Ibushi so we can get him vs Generico again

Barrage

Rhyno....oh brother

RAW was top-heavy with stars but had a weak midcard. Smackdown had a stacked midcard. RAW is pretty bad From 2002-2004, Smackdown was the opposite.

Cena was over by 2003, Batista was more of a slow burn. He was still tagging with Flair as the Heavy for Evolution through 2004.

In 2005 they pretty much switch main eventers with Cena and Angle going to RAW, whilt Batista and Orton go to Smackdown.

Its downhill from there, once ECW comes to water the roster down even more theyre fucked.

Top Bottom