• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Kyoufu

Starting to have my doubts about WWE Creative and Vince now. I guess they won't really turn him full-heel. Maybe a tweener that hates the Rock and doesn't care about Cena.

Still, I'm excited for tonight. Give me a new belt design and new music, and maybe some ice cream bars.

Muffin

Neo Member
New SES with Punk, Sandow, and Bray Wyatt?

Could never happen :( a) public wouldn't appreciate it over Cenajokes and b) heel promos that good cannot exist with no face promo talent. Also, WWE prefers to spread talent thin.

Aiii

So not worth it
Starting to have my doubts about WWE Creative and Vince now. I guess they won't really turn him full-heel. Maybe a tweener that hates the Rock and doesn't care about Cena.

Still, I'm excited for tonight. Give me a new belt design and new music, and maybe some ice cream bars.

He'll go full heel.

Lawler isn't fed the "he turned his back on the WWE universe"-line if Punk stays face or goes tweener. Just doesn't happen. He was given that line for one single reason, to put over the fact that Punk is now a bad guy.

What you should be worried about is if this turn only happens for one reason: to get the belt on Cena as soon as possible. But even that is a stretch, but it really depends on wether they want to go Cena/Rock at WrestleMania (meaning Rock/Punk at the Rumble) or Punk/Rock
(punk-rock, dat pun)
(meaning Cena/Rock at the Rumble).

I'd like to think they'll give Punk a one-year run. Whatever they're planning though, they've been planning for a while now. But there's no doubt that Punk is full-heel based on how they put the ending of last week's Raw over. Punk first did nothing when Show was beating on Cena and then had him beat up The Rock as well. That's nowhere near tweener anymore.

Muffin

Neo Member
He'll go full heel.

Lawler isn't fed the "he turned his back on the WWE universe"-line if Punk stays face or goes tweener. Just doesn't happen. He was given that line for one single reason, to put over the fact that Punk is now a bad guy.

What you should be worried about is if this turn only happens for one reason: to get the belt on Cena as soon as possible. But even that is a stretch, but it really depends on wether they want to go Cena/Rock at WrestleMania (meaning Rock/Punk at the Rumble) or Punk/Rock
(punk-rock, dat pun)

I'd like to think they'll give Punk a one-year run. Whatever they're planning though, they've been planning for a while now. But there's no doubt that Punk is full-heel based on how they put the ending of last week's Raw over. Punk first did nothing when Show was beating on Cena and then had him beat up The Rock as well. That's nowhere near tweener anymore.

Will mark so hard if Punk's promos involve slights at how shitty Big Show's heel promos are. Fingers crossed he pulls a, "So what?!".

Sid

He'll go full heel.

(punk-rock, dat pun)

'Once in a lifetime','Never Before Never Again' all BS!i hope they have punkrock at mania without cena interfering

Aiii

So not worth it
I wouldn't at all be surprised if one of Punk's legit demands for re-signing with WWE last year was main eventing WrestleMania 29 to be honest.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why fear?

Say what you will about Cena's promowork, but he is able to have great matches with the right people. I enjoyed Cena/Rock and both Cena/Punk's last year were great. A 3-way between these guys could be amazing.

Kyoufu

He'll go full heel.

(punk-rock, dat pun)

You don't need to repeat what I've been saying in this thread for the past week, but this is WWE we're talking about. They will fuck anything up.

Sid

Why fear?

Say what you will about Cena's promowork, but he is able to have great matches with the right people. I enjoyed Cena/Rock and both Cena/Punk's last year were great. A 3-way between these guys could be amazing.

Fear not for the match but what follows after i.e. cena's title reign,ugh

Rock will be champion going into Mania.

Where Cena will beat him for the title.

Also, if they are turning Punk full heel, I feel they'll have to have him do something more heelish than failing to help John Cena, attacking Rock and attempting to retain his title, not by cheating, but by taking advantage of the situation.

Muffin

Neo Member
Where Cena will beat him for the title.

Also, if they are turning Punk full heel, I feel they'll have to have him do something more heelish than failing to help John Cena, attacking Rock and attempting to retain his title, not by cheating, but by taking advantage of the situation.

...it's a great opportunity to drop Cena's divorce in a Punk promo. Oh gosh fingers crossed.

Aiii

So not worth it
I maintain we should not be raging about shit until it actually happens.

Lets keep our outrage for when things actually happen. Like Cena winning at SummerSlam.

Nope,but i thought he'd be there for sure at raw 1000

I'm hopeful it means they want to bring him straight back into the title hunt, if he had his comeback at raw1000 he'd have been lost in ths shuffle.

Worried about the recent comments he made about possibly having to retire due to the groin injury depending on how the surgery he had went.

Smackdown is coming to Indianapolis on Tuesday. Gonna go with a friend and will do my best to post Smackdown spoilers. My first wrassling event since ECW back in, like, 2000? Or an old PPV (I think Backlash?) in Chicago years ago. Ought to be more fun now that I actually follow what the hell is going on!

Davey Richards showing some real class - indy wrestler Jaysin Strife has been tweeting about how he was meant to face Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly last night in the main event for a small Iowa indy, APW. He and the other members #TeamAmbition, Kyle O'Reilly & Tony Kozina, arrived an hour late while the show was in progress, bullied the teenage promoter into paying them up front and while Strife and his tag partner made their way out to the ring, Richards, O'Reilly & Kozina went to get "wrist tape" from their car and promptly left without wrestling. Here's what Strife had to say after the impromptu main event, in which he wrestled his tag partner Derek Cornell;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n36QPke8qWk

Plus, a couple of comments from Strife's twitter that he says are from his conversation with Davey before he bolted;

On Kevin Steen; "I tell Steen he's awful all the time, and he knows it, he's only over with the crowd for all the wrong reasons."

On CM Punk; "Punk is only confidence and that makes people believe he is the best, [but] he can't work for shit."

Also, here's a trailer for recently released shoot interview with Richards, in which he shits on ROH, Gabe Sapolsky, Kevin Steen & Jim Cornette;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRphRqWi9Q8

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Happy Monday. Damn workday...

5L1sF.jpg

sajj316

Anyone else recall mordekai?with taker close to retiring i'd love to see that character as the new phenom

I don't know about Mordecai but with Taker and Kane at the end of their careers, it would be nice to see who the next mythical/mystical character will be. Maybe Kane's bastard son .. we all know he's been a "playa" all through his career.

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys must not have met THE RYBACK yet.

ryback_display_image.jpg

FEED HIM MORE!

Pretty sure if they feed him one or two more jobbers he'll level up and obtain Fire-summoning spells

i dont know if can handle 3-hr raws for here on out. maybe if they got rid of lawler and built up the tag team/divas divison. im guess 1-hr of filler stuff tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i dont know if can handle 3-hr raws for here on out. maybe if they got rid of lawler and built up the tag team/divas divison. im guess 1-hr of filler stuff tonight.

I'm switching to watching it after it airs. I can do without 1 hour of commercials.

JR/Styles
JR/Regal

Best teams wwe can put together right now.

Although I don't think Styles wants to go back to commentary - I assume he is one of the many who can't stand vince's livebabble

Entropia

No One Remembers

Let's say each hour gets 44 minutes of television time - 44x3 = 132 minutes. Of those 132 minutes, 90 minutes should be actual wrestling.

But we know it will be the exact opposite.

Top Bottom