• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD a 'sci-fi terror adventure 22yrs after JP' News/Rumors/Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prez

Is this supposed to take place on a different island? It makes little sense that they can just start construction on a dinosaur infested island and separate the dinosaurs from the construction sites. I doubt that will be explained in the movie...

Well that's a landing pad it probably is important plot wise maybe for escaping or something?

Probably for when there's a scene with a helicopter landing or taking off =p

Who knows. Could be that. Could be an action sequence. Could be nothing much.

edit: I just want it :(

Is this supposed to take place on a different island? It makes little sense that they can just start construction on a dinosaur infested island and separate the dinosaurs from the construction sites. I doubt that will be explained in the movie...

Yeah, it is Isla Nublar. I bet they 'exterminated' the old population of Dinosaurs, whether by poison or something else. I imagine it will be explained in a quick line, or by prequel comics/etc, but not be delved too deeply into.

Hmm, Is it the only location set they've built?

Nah, there are a bunch more, its the only one that isn't deep within private property.

A theory I had for the longest time, which is probably more bogus than bogus, was that Billy went to Ingen after finding out that he and Grant were going to Sorna. In Jurassic 3, Billy seemed to have these ulterior motives and certainly acted bizarre, such as when Kirby is asking Grant to meet them for dinner and Billy interrupts with "we'd love to" and Grant is like WTF, then when they get on the island Billy is all taking pictures and stealing dinosaur eggs and such and such.

It probably means nothing and I doubt Jurassic World will acknowledge any of that, but I always thought it would be cool if Billy's actions on the island (egg stealing/pictures/etc.) were part of some kind of long-winded recon to provide Ingen with information to help them come in and claim everything and restart the park. It would have at least given Jurassic Park 3 more of a plot reason to exist and would be kind of clever. However since that came out over a decade ago I don't believe the writers at the time had that sort of mindset.

That being said, maybe it's something Trevorrow and Connely picked up on and maybe they could have it in the script somehow. Sort of like, have a scene where the new park owner is discussing how everything came about and he could say something about how his organization sent someone to the island for info-gathering, hence explaining Billy's actions.

I'm looking into that way too much. I'm drinking and feel like rambling about all things Jurassic Park.

A Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6 allegedly heading to Hawaii for filming:

9kMAvLz.jpg

In other news, both Ty Simpkins and Bryce are in Hawaii. Chris Pratt and Irrfan Khan are likely there also, so filming should begin soon.

Mistel

Banned
I assume the cover means that it's already been painted in the livery for the film. I hope it looks better than the kinda iffy Ml's:
mercedes_ml_03cksnt.jpg

This one is fine the other is just ugly.

Hope its nothing like that teaser though. Dino's killing random civies seems like a lame way to go, or maybe it simply lasted to long I dunno. Really excited though after seeing some of the production sites.

Tcbys

Banned
Not sure how the story will be told considering
The Lysine contingency That Henry Wu did. To prevent the Dinos from Producing the Lysine Amino Acid.

SJRB

Gold Member
The Lysine contingency That Henry Wu did. To prevent the Dinos from Producing the Lysine Amino Acid.

The books worked around that "failsafe" just fine, I'm sure they'll come up with a magical plot device. Or they'll just straight up ignore it completely.

Mistel

Banned
Lysine rich plants is how they got rid of that in the lost world. Herbivores eat them and so on, lysine contingency gone with a plot point.

raindoc

I don't see the problem.
These are park animals, they will be fed any supplements they need.

antonz

Curious to see where the old jeep shows up. Its not Nedrys but I suppose it could be another jeep lost in the jungle or something

Hm 29 was the Jeep Hammond and the lawyer rode in when they arrived on the Island

Mistel

Banned
That jeep drool... That was the one Hammond was in at the start of the first film. It's a bit sad that I can remember that.

GG8GJel.jpg

Any pictures of the dinosaurs on set yet?

There probably won't be any pics of those leaking out. In the past, the only Dino taken to on location filming was the Triceratops, while the rest resided in soundstages. I imagine most of the actual Dinosaurs will be shot behind closed doors in Louisiana.

However, they may bring some Maquettes and other Dino standins for the actors to reference, and maybe just maybe we will get pictures.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have there been any rumors of Sam Neill being involved? I don't need him to have a major part or anything, but dammit, I do want at least a cameo. Grant is, and always will be, the most iconic JP character, so that would just be some nice fan service.

Have there been any rumors of Sam Neill being involved? I don't need him to have a major part or anything, but dammit, I do want at least a cameo. Grant is, and always will be, the most iconic JP character, so that would just be some nice fan service.

He isn't. Colin didn't want to shoehorn characters in for fan service because they don't work organically with the story. I thank him for that and it tells me immediately that we have a mature, solid mind behind it.

Dr. Henry Wu, on the other hand...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
He isn't. Colin didn't want to shoehorn characters in for fan service because they don't work organically with the story. I thank him for that and it tells me immediately that we have a mature, solid mind behind it.

Dr. Henry Wu, on the other hand...

Doesn't seem like such a stretch that they would call him in for advice or something, given what he has been through in the past. But oh well.

Ohhhhhhhh shit
So damn hyped, that is what I had been wanting instead of Lost World and 3.

Not sure if that looks like 20ish years of weathering though, flashback or something maybe?

Wouldn't be used for a flashback for the weathering. I doubt it.

Might be apart of an older section of the park that wasn't used for anything where the jeep is at. I assume it'll be there alongside some other stuff related to what happened to the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom