• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' screening held, reactions

Link.

Warner Bros. apparently showed off a screening of the Justice League movie last night.

Users on Twitter are reporting they have seen the movie, and other users are also reporting they have friends that have seen the film.

Sorry, no Justice League spoilers have hit the net, but it's been said the movie is amazing.

Update: It's further said that a Superman fan that was not happy with Man of Steel or Batman vs. Superman loved Justice League, so take that for what it is worth.

The attendees had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which means if they get caught revealing information, they can get sued.

That said, eventually as we get closer to the November release of the Justice League movie, WB will have screened it more times, and you can expect spoilers to leak out.

the spoilers I've been reading about it in the other thread in the community section make this movie sound like shit tbh. hopefully its all just conjecture.

Paracelsus

I'm still pessimistic.

You shouldn't. They probably saw from the massive success of Wonder Woman that people like superheroes that are superheroes, coherent to their schtick, and probably went back to the drawing board for Justice League. I'm not expecting any grimdark bullshit like the previous two movies.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if the movie is going to be good or bad but I never put much trust in these early reactions.

Corpsepyre

Banned
As I said in the community thread, this pre-release DC hype reactions are almost always bullshit. Best to wait till November for something more concrete before descending into this pit again.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm expecting quality wise it to be a WW style par

Solid enough. Enjoyable night out with no desire to see again.

That's not a criticism either. A superhero movie for me needs to be really good for me to watch it more than once.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You shouldn't. They probably saw from the massive success of Wonder Woman that people like superheroes that are superheroes, coherent to their schtick, and probably went back to the drawing board for Justice League. I'm not expecting any grimdark bullshit like the previous two movies.

I'll be pessimistic until I see it

DC has burned me too many times now. WW was amazing yes, but the rest were not.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's going to be really funny if critics and people end up enjoying certain scenes, and give Whedon the due credit, only to later find out those scenes were done by Snyder. You know it's going to happen.

They couldn't go back to the drawing board completely considering WW only came out a few months ago. It's all gonna be the question of whether the reshoots/rewrites fixed the movie or not.

For what it's worth, Suicide Squad's first reactions were very positive as well and we know how that ended up.

HeySeuss

It might be good and it might not but I'm still in for Aquaman and WW. Just hope this and Thor don't cannibalize each other releasing a couple weeks apart

It's going to be really funny if critics and people end up enjoying certain scenes, and give Whedon the due credit, only to later find out those scenes were done by Snyder. You know it's going to happen.

Oh yeah, it's 100% inevitable. There's going to be tons of misattributions, because people love playing the "guess who did what" game despite damn near invariably being awful at it.

See: A.I.

To a lesser extent we'll see it with Han Solo as well.

jrush64

Banned
Dont think this was topic worthy to be honest. However, even though i absolutely loved BvS i'd rather wait for critics impressions like for Wonder Woman instead of fan BvS reactions.

jay-z.png

massoluk

Banned
I read the exact same audience reaction thing about BvS and Suicide Squad.... Well Wonder Woman too, but it's 1 out of 4.

Sapiens

I've learned never to trust these things ever since Attack of the Clones was gushed about as "fixing" the previous movies mistakes.

Never again.

Cvie

the spoilers I've been reading about it in the other thread in the community section make this movie sound like shit tbh. hopefully its all just conjecture.

yeah there is some real dumb shit being floated around. I am hesitant to believe it but with the Snyder DC films so far it's hard to really hold a firm understanding of what is really possible.

I mean if I heard a rumour about Lex Luthor a jar of piss and a senator a couple of months out from BvS I would have called bullshit straight away.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nope, not buying it. The DCEU has exactly one success story at this point, so I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt.

Corpsepyre

Banned
All these reactions, true or not, are meaningless, as the movie is unfinished and the cut was not final.

Which is why I'm hesitant with these reactions. This assembly cut seems like it would be shown to a very small group of people. Everyone's going to want to be on the screening bandwagon on Twitter and Reddit, and rumours are going to fly everywhere as usual.

jediyoshi

I think it's way more damning for the takeaway to be that DC didn't realize that until x amount of movies later, finally getting to WW, those were key ingredients to a good movie. It's not like the entirety of the time they didn't have Marvel movies as another point of reference for the easy out.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Looking forward for the review thread, although i don't think anything will ever top the BvS review thread.

Oh yeah, it's 100% inevitable. There's going to be tons of misattributions, because people love playing the "guess who did what" game despite damn near invariably being awful at it.

See: A.I.

To a lesser extent we'll see it with Han Solo as well.

A.I is the poster child for that phenomenon. It's like people forget Spielberg is very capable of cerebral, contemplative drama as well as crowd pleasing blockbusters.

Also anyone who watches the ending of A.I and thinks it's an overly sentimental happy ending ether are watching an entirely different movie or just simply don't get the film.

Tobor

I have faith that the Whedon half will be great. If even some of the remaining Snyder half is decent it should be a good movie.

Staf

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. But if it's true that they finally nailed Superman after the two movies with Bizarro Superman/Clark Kent i'll be overjoyed!

I have faith that the Whedon half will be great. If even some of the remaining Snyder half is decent it should be a good movie.

I have faith in neither. Whedon is trash without David Greenwalt there to tell him his crazy ideas suck.

Case in point everything Whedon has done post Angel has been various degrees of trash.

Top Bottom