• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Do they ever release instrumental versions of kpop albums? There's a number of tracks I'd like to have instrumentals of.

Alta1r

My top 5 are:
Porter Robinson - The Seconds (224)
IU - Mia (160)
After School - Shampoo (72)
U-kiss - 0330 (68)
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain (52)
Trouble Maker - Words I Hate To Hear (44)

I included 6 because I think the Porter Robinson song was just left on overnight or something lol. Dont remember listening to it 224 times. Honestly don't know why theres not more trance in my top 5. Maybe because the songs are like double the length of a kpop song.

Lol. I had that happen with Mr. Big by Hyori. One night I accidentally left it on on repeat and it went from 50 to 150 listens up to #1.

My iPod started doing weird things for a bit where every time I synced it via the cord it would aggregate all plays and double count things to the point where my top ten songs were around 1000 listens and the rest were in the double digits or low hundreds.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Do people in this thread mostly just listen to kpop or something? Only kpop song in my top 5 is Nu ABO, rest are all Versailles and Hizaki Grace Project. But looking at my list I just noticed f(x) icecream down at #20, haven't listened to that in ages and it's so good ahah.

nope. I just posted my top 5 played from my kpop playlist. but if we're posting overall top 5..

Das Racist - Ek Shaneesh
E40 - Gouda
Chase & Status - Flashing Lights
T-ara - Goodbye, OK
Justice - Stress

Do they ever release instrumental versions of kpop albums? There's a number of tracks I'd like to have instrumentals of.
Sometimes. But mainly for a title song.

:mad:

vanty

My top 10 most played are:

HIZAKI Grace Project - Supreme Being
f(x) - Nu ABO
Versailles - The Red Carpet Day
HIZAKI Grace Project - Race Wish
Versailles - Silent Knight
2NE1 - Clap Your Hands
4minute - Muzik
Big Boi - Daddy Fat Sax
Lupe Fiasco - Go Go Gadget Flow
Shiina Ringo - A View of Happiness

Would probably be a lot of X Japan there if it was all time, this is only about 18 months old since my last format I guess.

And the only kpop instrumental I have is Yayaya. Probably better than the full song.

Ronok

I don't use iTunes, but if I did, I don't think I'd have any kpop in the top 10. It would probably be filled with YUI... IU (probably MIA, but also Marshmallow from my daughter listening to it so much) would probably be the closest to breaking in to it. There is a lot of AKFG, Radwimps, Sambomaster, etc.. to get past though. hmmm

Peru

I listen to so many k-pop singles through youtube mvs... inferior sound quality ftw.

Watching newest k-pop right now, good times INDEED. Contestants split in three to undergo training at the three agencies. No surprise: SM's building is the lamest and inside there's none of the shiny flare of the others.. those guys don't spend a dime unless it's absolutely necessary.

Heard some talk about them buying a new building, though. Don't know if it's this.

Alta1r

My overall top 10:

1. B.O.B. & Lil Wayne - Strange Clouds (358)
2. J Cole - Can't Get Enough (323)
3. Dhanush - Why This Kolaveri Di (301)
4. DJ Drama - Oh My (222)
5. T-ara - Roly Poly (141)
6. Los Enanitos Verdes - Lamento Boliviano (127)
7. SNSD - Hoot (120)
8. Stromae - Alors On Danse remix (111)
9. Roscoe, Wale, Waka Flocka - No Hands (99)
10. Dave Schiemann - Toddler (93)

As of August 2011.

Ronok

I listen to so many k-pop singles through youtube mvs... inferior sound quality ftw.

Watching newest k-pop right now, good times INDEED. Contestants split in three to undergo training at the three agencies. No surprise: SM's building is the lamest and inside there's none of the shiny flare of the others.. those guys don't spend a dime unless it's absolutely necessary.

Heard some talk about them buying a new building, though. Don't know if it's this.

When I'm not out I listen mainly to recordings of performances, kpop or otherwise. Although it's more important for me outside of kpop. That means I end up using youtube play lists a lot. lol It's a lot of effort to find the original file. v.v Low sound quality ftw indeed. :p

Ashhong

1 Girls Aloud – The Loving Kind
2 Girls Aloud – Biology
3 Girls Aloud – The Promise
4 Joanna Newsom – Sawdust & Diamonds
5 Joanna Newsom – Emily
6 Girls Aloud – Can't Speak French
7 Girls Aloud – Black Jacks
8 Girls Aloud – Call The Shots
9 Joanna Newsom – Monkey & Bear
10 Girls Aloud – Sexy! No No No...
11 Joanna Newsom – Cosmia
12 Joanna Newsom – Only Skin
13 Girls Aloud – Girl Overboard
14 Girls Aloud – Close To Love
15 Girls Aloud – Rolling Back The Rivers In Time

:| :|

haha nice. Love me some Cheryl Cole

Nah their new building isnt done yet, I don't think

20120118_smbuilding.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/sm-entertainments-new-building-to-be-comparable-to-ygs-building

No Kanye!

Hmmmm I dont know why hes so far down the list! Dark Fantasy only has 5 plays wtf? I don't know whats up with this counter lol. Can't be accurate.

Alta1r

Flockaveli was an amazing, balls out intense album. Damn.. dude didn't want to let a song die even as it faded out.. he had to scream his name until he fainted.

Haha, definitely. Unfortunately, none of the other songs on the album stuck with me like No Hands. Flockaveli was kind of No Hands and then other songs that were good to listen to but none that I would actually actively play.

tumblr_lyk9vl695e1qepc6qo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyk9vl695e1qepc6qo2_250.gif

filler

Banned
I think it would be easier to get people I know into kpop, if I let them hear instrumentals first and then the songs with vocals later.

EDIT: thank you based altair. hyomin so fine

Peru

Haha, definitely. Unfortunately, none of the other songs on the album stuck with me like No Hands. Flockaveli was kind of No Hands and then other songs that were good to listen to but none that I would actually actively play.

No Hands doesn't go hard enough in the paint for me. POW POW POW POW

tumblr_lyiluxVnAT1qc6tpho1_250.gif
tumblr_lyiluxVnAT1qc6tpho3_250.gif

Do people in this thread mostly just listen to kpop or something? Only kpop song in my top 5 is Nu ABO, rest are all Versailles and Hizaki Grace Project. But looking at my list I just noticed f(x) icecream down at #20, haven't listened to that in ages and it's so good ahah.

atm mines like 90% trance 10% kpop, there hasnt been much that interests me lately. Maybe when the new big bang album drops it'll probably be the other way around haha, depends all on my mood i guess. I listen to anything really, my music collection goes from kpop to jrock to trance to instrumentals to rammstein (german metal?) so yeahhhh

vanty

Hmmmm I dont know why hes so far down the list! Dark Fantasy only has 5 plays wtf? I don't know whats up with this counter lol. Can't be accurate.
I skip a lot of songs in the last 5-10 seconds as they quiet down and get boring, so that may be something that stops them from being counted. Not sure how much of a song has to play in order to count.

Ashhong

I skip a lot of songs in the last 5-10 seconds as they quiet down and get boring, so that may be something that stops them from being counted. Not sure how much of a song has to play in order to count.

100% I believe. That's probably why..

Alta1r

Yeah. That actually really annoys me about iTunes. Cause I generally don't enjoy the last 15-30 seconds of songs, but it doesn't count as a listen unless i sit through it or move the cursor to right before the end.

W_Dreamer

Actually I mainly listen to alternative rock, indie rock, rock ballads, post grunge etc. ocassional pop music and mainstream hits.

I like a lot of the soulful songs of K-music but kpop overall doesnt grab me so much as the singers off the stage in variety or reality shows. Korea's style of variety shows and the personalites of the idols that appear on those broadcasts is what make me take another listen to kpop.

2NE1's Fire is one the few debuts that got me interested in following a group from the get go without prior knowledge of them. I liked their more punchy attitude compared to the cutesy stuff most girl groups debut with. CN Blue is another one I particularly like probably because of their more rock style.

Peru

No bad feelings here, just can't imagine a constant stream of opinionated chatting replacing the sweet joys of music in my life.

Not sure why the Miryo teaser was made private.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
몽땅 내사랑 / All My Love
Funny show.

Yura vs Hyeri, the battle rages on!

Jwqri.jpg

e4dMC.jpg

But what's this? Minah is... kinda hot? And seems to have dialed back the tryhard, but is it enough to compete?

BqhYI.jpg

hRr2k.gif

vanty

Minah's always been hot when she isn't acting weird. That picture isn't too great though.

EDIT: Uhhh, wtf...
Unfortunately, Inkigayo’s TV cameras posed an even bigger problem, as they were focused on Hwayoung for a close-up shot just as the mishap occurred.

Furthermore, the fact that the incident went unnoticed during pre-recording and editing has led to Inkigayo’s crew being criticized by netizens.

Surely someone's gotta get fired for that.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Minah's always been
Nope. The last 6 months? Sure. She worked out or something.

That picture isn't too great though.
I was lazily pulling from tumblr. Right now I'm looking at albums from 걸스토커 and there are plenty of good ones.

Girl's Day is in desperate need of a good song.

Alta1r

I think it would be easier to get people I know into kpop, if I let them hear instrumentals first and then the songs with vocals later.

EDIT: thank you based altair. hyomin so fine

Lol, I just realized I got those off of Dicetrain's tumblr so thank Dice.

No Hands doesn't go hard enough in the paint for me. POW POW POW POW

tumblr_lyiluxVnAT1qc6tpho1_250.gif
tumblr_lyiluxVnAT1qc6tpho3_250.gif

Rain rain go away, that's what all my haters say. Haha, to be fair I think Wale and Roscoe make that song much more than Flocka. But I'm curious what songs you do like by Flocka if you don't care for No Hands?

tumblr_lykzzcEsJw1r8xm7po1_500.gif

Alta1r

몽땅 내사랑 / All My Love
Funny show.

Yura vs Hyeri, the battle rages on!

Jwqri.jpg

I am, uh, currently unsure and need a lot more pictures of Yura to make a proper decision about this..

Surely you jest... She might look better with dark hair, but to base it on those pictures... Really?! In the first and third frame she looks downright ugly.

No jesting. I am a sucker for dark hair.
And sassy girls.
And she looks like she has both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom