• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

DominoKid

Seeing how most people think the album is trash trendy is the least applicable word to describe this album with.

yeah i've seen a lot of descriptions for this album. trash. brilliant. profound. trite. misogynistic (my favorite lol)*. half-baked. fully realized madness. etc etc.

trendy is not one of them though.

*played the album for my dad and mid-way through I'm In It he paused it like "aight i know Kanye got Kim, and a ton of other bitches, but does he actually like women? like enjoy their company?"

Finally listened to the album in its entirety.

As a longtime Ye stan since 2003's Rocafella Dream Team and "We Are the Champions", and lover of all albums (even 808) I absolutely hate this album. His lyrics are so bad, and the beats go over my head.

MBDTF was the apex, a combination of art and hip-hop in all of its gaudy over-produced goodness.

But when I listen to Yezus, I have a mental image of rap snobs wandering streets of Paris wearing tight yellow corduroys, green and hot pink plaid shits, holding a boombox covered in fur blasting this album only because they're told the music is trendy... not because its actually good, sonically.

Bound 2 is excellent though. The rest, no. And I love Daft Punk so I'm very distraught at the moment.

yhRlkBf.png

Distraught? When you first heard New Slaves, or the leaked parts of On Sight.. did you not believe this was going to be a dubstep/mixymashy album?

smh

DominoKid

jHCIWh3.jpg

"I'm talking on the phone w/ iTunes right now. They got that Yeezus #1 across the world. Yeezy Season has arriiiiiiiived. He da besssssssssss."
KTT said:
Yeezus
#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Australia
#1 Belgium
#1 Canada
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Estonia
#1 Finland
#1 France
#1 Germany
#1 Ghana
#1 Hungary
#1 Ireland
#1 Israel
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Malaysia
#1 Malta
#1 Namibia
#1 Netherlands
#1 New Zealand
#1 Nigeria
#1 Norway
#1 Panama
#1 Philippines
#1 Poland
#1 Portugal
#1 Romania
#1 Russia
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 South Africa
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#2 Austria
#2 Barbados
#2 Greece
#2 Guatemala
#2 Hong Kong
#2 Indonesia
#2 Italy
#2 Kazakhstan
#2 Latvia
#2 Taiwan
#2 Thailand
#2 Trinidad and Tobago
#3 Armenia
#3 Colombia
#3 Dominican Republic
#3 Japan
#3 Mexico
#3 Spain
#3 Turkey
#3 Ukraine
#4 Botswana
#5 Brazil
#7 Argentina
#7 Brunei Darussalam
#7 Cayman Islands
#8 Chile
#20 Lithuania
#24 Cyprus
#42 Slovenia
#43 Honduras
#45 Bulgaria
#50 Paraguay
#54 El Salvador
#89 Kenya
#96 Ecuador
#117 Peru

#1 in 34 countries??

Ashhong

Was looking at the Rap section on Amazon and I see "Game of Thrones" by Kanye West. Wtf is this? Some mixtape? It's number 4 best seller lol

CloudWolf

Oh my, the US iTunes version does sound better than the leak. How strange... But at least now I have the best version of one of the best albums this year.

Blood on the Leaves is So great holy Crap! That song demolishes the other tracks i've heard

I agree, Blood on the Leaves is easily the best song on the album, great use of the Nina Simone sample too. It's easily in my top 3 favorite sample-uses by Kanye, next to Diamonds Are Forever in Diamonds from Sierra Leone and Avril 14th in Blame Game.

Ashhong

Still bothered by the distortion in Black Skinheads whenever Kanye raps over the drums. Sounds bad....I want crisp clean bass in that song

Kad5

the bass sounds cleaner, beats cut out at certain points, there's one point on On Sight where the synth sound changed a bit I think, stuff like that. Just sounds like it was mixed/mastered better

Ah ok I just have the regular leaked CD version. If it really is the superior version i'll probably grab the itunes version.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait..I thought the Amazon one is the same as iTunes? The beat doesn't cut out for the Prince line on mine.
Exactly I said before there are more than 2 versions. Amazon version seems different than retail physical and itunes.

There must be at least 3 version out there. Amazon version is definitely different than the leaked version but doesn't have the Prince line cutout from the itunes version.

It's all a mess.

Ashhong

Exactly I said before there are more than 2 versions. Amazon version seems different than retail physical and itunes.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yea it has the changes to I Am A God but not Send It Up. It might have the other changes but I can't really hear a difference. Dammit. I already downloaded the tracks so I cant return :(

MThanded

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yea it has the changes to I Am A God but not Send It Up. It might have the other changes but I can't really hear a difference. Dammit. I already downloaded the tracks so I cant return :(

I think its getting obsessive when the changes are so miniscule. If you got it from amazon you should have gotten it with the physical. Personally I wanted a physical just to add to my collection and it came with a free digital version. I'm fine with that.

Ashhong

I think its getting obsessive when the changes are so miniscule. If you got it from amazon you should have gotten it with the physical. Personally I wanted a physical just to add to my collection and it came with a free digital version. I'm fine with that.

I did get the physical so I got the MP3s. I only got this though because I thought it was the best version. I want the best version which is iTunes. Even if I can't hear the differences it's going to bother me knowing I don't have the best version.

MThanded

I did get the physical so I got the MP3s. I only got this though because I thought it was the best version. I want the best version which is iTunes. Even if I can't hear the differences it's going to bother me knowing I don't have the best version.
If someone didn't make a list you would have no idea. The problem is how do you define better. What if something is different in the amazon version than the itunes version?

He gave MBDTF a 6 as well. But he also gave the Money Store a well deserved 10, if that makes you feel better. Still like Fantony though so it's all gewd.

Top Bottom