• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

Neiteio

:O Amazon is doing release date delivery! I'm not used to this with Nintendo games.
Sweet, I canceled my preorder and placed another one, this time with release date delivery. I know they're doing a Friday the 13th release with Spirit Camera, but it hadn't occurred to me to check if they were for some reason releasing on a Friday with Kid Icarus. Quite convenient!

Busaiku

The short hasn't been cheesy enough.
It also seems to be something that's in the game (I think I've heard some of these lines in various trailers).

Makes sense that this is the first one.

GameE

They released Star Fox 64 3D on a Friday too.

Xenoblade's got a Friday release as well... maybe that's going to be their thing now. The Sunday release dates always pissed me off because then if I order online I won't get the game till Monday at the earliest (if it gets shipped on the previous Friday), or otherwise not till Tuesday or even Wednesday!

I didnt know this

Xenoblade's got a Friday release as well... maybe that's going to be their thing now. The Sunday release dates always pissed me off because then if I order online I won't get the game till Monday at the earliest (if it gets shipped on the previous Friday), or otherwise not till Tuesday or even Wednesday!

I don't think they're going to change to Friday from Sunday for other games. It's just some. I know Mario Tennis Open has a Sunday release date.

Busaiku

It seems like the more hardcore/niche games from them are on Friday, while their bigger stuff is still Sunday.

Spirit Camera The Cursed Memoir is also Friday.
But Mario Party 9 and Mario Tennis Open are still both Sunday. So were Rhythm Heaven Fever and PokePark 2 Wonders Beyond.

Neiteio

It seems like the more hardcore/niche games from them are on Friday, while their bigger stuff is still Sunday.

Spirit Camera The Cursed Memoir is also Friday.
But Mario Party 9 and Mario Tennis Open are still both Sunday. So were Rhythm Heaven Fever and PokePark 2 Wonders Beyond.
I wonder if it's because Nintendo knows the hardcore gamerz always choose Release Date Delivery on Amazon, so they release their niche titles on Fridays to appease us.

APPEASE ME, NINTENDO.

Just watched the first short. Really cool! I hope those clockwork Trojan horses are in the actual game. Also interesting to note it's Part 1, so they must be splitting each of the three animes into multiple segments. Guess I'll have to leave my 3DS in sleep mode more often!

Goli

I wonder if it's because Nintendo knows the hardcore gamerz always choose Release Date Delivery on Amazon, so they release their niche titles on Fridays to appease us.

APPEASE ME, NINTENDO.

Just watched the first short. Really cool! I hope those clockwork Trojan horses are in the actual game. Also interesting to note it's Part 1, so they must be splitting each of the three animes into multiple segments. Guess I'll have to leave my 3DS in sleep mode more often!

Yes, Production I.G's short is divided in three.

Neiteio

IIRC, SHAFT's will be split into two, but there's no information on Studio 4ºC's.
So let's be conservative and assume they all average two minutes and IG's is three parts, Shaft's is two and 4ºC's is one. That's 12 minutes. Not too shabby, all told. Would considering buying a download of the whole lot.

On another note, so happy Release Date Delivery will let me play this over the weekend when it releases. Ooooooh yeeeeeeah.

zroid

Banned
So were Rhythm Heaven Fever and PokePark 2 Wonders Beyond.

These two were Monday, I believe, which I guess is the new Tuesday. Don't know why they seem to be shifting away from the Tuesday standard for their less highly marketed releases.

Also the "ha, I knew it" at the end sounds like some of the worst VA I've ever heard.

Finally watched the English trailer. I think, apart from some awkward VO, it's partly the odd laundry joke. Apparently they don't want kids in America to know that Palutena is hot for Pitt - she asked him to take his clothes off and promised she wouldn't watch him *gigglegiggle* in the Japanese version.

These two were Monday, I believe, which I guess is the new Tuesday. Don't know why they seem to be shifting away from the Tuesday standard for their less highly marketed releases.

Huh? Most Nintendo games release on Sunday, Tuesday is standard for most non-Nintendo things.

zroid

Banned
Huh? Most Nintendo games release on Sunday, Tuesday is standard for most non-Nintendo things.

They've typically used a release schedule of Sunday for their bigger titles and Tuesday for other stuff. It's weird that now we've got Friday, Sunday and Monday...

Edit: upon further investigation, it seems they've been doing the Monday thing for quite a while (not Tuesday). They definitely released games on Tuesday in the past, but it appears that was a lot longer ago that I thought. Examples of Monday releases over the last year or two include Samurai Warriors 3, Mario Sports Mix, Art Academy, Kirby Mass Attack, and Pokemon Rumble Blast (to name a few).

Busaiku

Oh yeah, they were Monday.
Hmm...

So Sunday = Mario?
Monday = Lesser stuff?
Friday = Hardcore stuff?

Maybe that's the pattern?

OmegaZero

Where'd you get this info?

I was browsing Zelda Informer yesterday and came across it (http://www.zeldainformer.com/2012/03/kid-icarus-uprising-anime-shorts.html). The article linked to the Japanese Palutena Twitter which linked to this on Nintendo's JP site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/anime/index.html

I can't read Japanese myself, so I'm just going with what Brian says (assuming he's basing his extra information off of the site and not the tweet or the article).

Goli

I was browsing Zelda Informer yesterday and came across it (http://www.zeldainformer.com/2012/03/kid-icarus-uprising-anime-shorts.html). The article linked to the Japanese Palutena Twitter which linked to this on Nintendo's JP site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/anime/index.html

I can't read Japanese myself, so I'm just going with what Brian says (assuming he's basing his extra information off of the site and not the tweet or the article).

Oh right, I'd completely forgotten about that even though they source that crappy go to place for Nintendo news which in turn source this thread and those little translations I and other people did.
So, I.G's is 3, Shaft's is 2 and 4ºC's is a single part.

OmegaZero

Oh right, I'd completely forgotten about that even though they source that crappy go to place for Nintendo place which in turn source this thread and those little translations I and other people did.
So, I.G's is 3, Shaft's is 2 and 4ºC's is a single part.

Yeah, I actually don't know where he got that seeing as I just realized that the Twitter post linking to the Nintendo page is actually more recent then the Zelda Informer article.

But that's pretty awesome that you guys did the translations.

Neiteio

I want to know who the boss of that desert world is. Pandora? Thanatos? Maybe Dark Pit?

Dem dunes. Nicest I've seen since Uncharted 3 (relative to their platform, I mean).

We also totally need official art of Tempura Wizard. I never thought they could top Eggplant Wizard but, well, they did!

zroid

Banned
Also by the way,

since someone was mentioning their "Like" not being confirmed, you can do it via this url

--

Via @RichIGN, KI:U inside cover:
https://p.twimg.com/AnhNA1-CMAEXMmy.jpg[img][/s]

rotated version posted below.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Tempura Wizard.

Tempura Wizard.

SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!!

And fucking Mel Brooks-style Hydra, holy shit.

2GRMD.jpg

Nice!

https://twitter.com/#!/3DS_Palutena/status/177980666569428993
AnhQeSgCEAEf6KO.jpg

Neiteio

I can picture it now: assist trophies of the Eggplant and Tempura wizards, in Smash Bros. 3DS and WiiU, turning players into food (and in Tempura Wizard's case, trying to eat them!). Imagine an eggplant with Bowser's legs, lol.

And WOW at the inside boxart! Nintendogs + Cats did this; nice to see them do it again. They're sparing no expense with this game, are they?

I can picture it now: assist trophies of the Eggplant and Tempura wizards, in Smash Bros. 3DS and WiiU, turning players into food (and in Tempura Wizard's case, trying to eat them!). Imagine an eggplant with Bowser's legs, lol.

And WOW at the inside boxart! Nintendogs + Cats did this; nice to see them do it again. They're sparing no expense with this game, are they?

Yes to the assist trophies. Medusa and Magna for the roster! Include all the things!

Mario Kart and 3D Land did this too, iirc.

Neiteio

Yes to the assist trophies. Medusa and Magna for the roster! Include all the things!
Yeah, it remains to be seen how substantial a role Magnus will play in the game, but his design as a foil to Pit certainly lends itself well to Smash. And Medusa, absolutely -- we need an evil and non-blonde female character!

I would like Palutena as well... Why not turn Pit's Final Smash into the Three Sacred Treasures (the gladiator form seen in the trailers) so Palutena can be her own character?

Mario Kart and 3D Land did this too, iirc.
Not in the U.S.

Yeah, it remains to be seen how substantial a role Magnus will play in the game, but his design as a foil to Pit certainly lends itself well to Smash. And Medusa, absolutely -- we need an evil and non-blonde female character!

I would like Palutena as well... Why not turn Pit's Final Smash into the Three Sacred Treasures (the gladiator form seen in the trailers) so Palutena can be her own character?

After the treatment of Kirby characters in Brawl, I expect Kid Icarus references a plenty. (I also agree with everything you said).

Not in the U.S.

Didn't realise, sorry. Sucks for you guys.

Finally watched the English trailer. I think, apart from some awkward VO, it's partly the odd laundry joke. Apparently they don't want kids in America to know that Palutena is hot for Pitt - she asked him to take his clothes off and promised she wouldn't watch him *gigglegiggle* in the Japanese version.

Which is interesting because one of the things in the ESRB rating is "suggestive themes."

Croc

Banned
Just watched the English trailer and now I'm understanding all these jokes hahahah.

I personally love the voice acting. Seems to fit the game very well. I don't think I'd have enjoyed super serious stuff as much as this.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Hmm. I managed to take advantage of a few sales this week (cough) and now have enough trade credit at GameStop to get the game... I wonder if there is any chance Amazon will improve their deal before launch?

Branduil

The Production I.G. short was terrible. I can't believe how lazy it was, they just used the in-game models. The SHAFT and 4C ones should be a lot better since they'll be using actual hand-drawn animation.

Top Bottom