• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

PK Gaming

4uSUs.gif

Tempura Wizard.

My god that looks incredible. When you said "I feel like making fanart for this game" I initially dismissed your post because I thought you weren't being serious. Sorry about that.

If I could make a request, can you draw Pit & Palutena side by side?
(sorta like this: http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/HotRox411/All Nintendo Characters/marioluigi.jpg)

Yeah sure, figure out if the size is right and stuff yourself though. :p

And thanks guys!

Thanks you did a great job!

I'm really liking how this appears to be the only game that takes advantage of every 3DS feature. It takes advantage of the 3D, the touch screen, the AR cards, Streetpass, Spotpass, online, Nintendo Direct, etc.

It really was built from the ground up to take advantage of the 3DS.

I think Nintendogs nailed it all except online. AR dog fun, streetpass meetings, spotpass American presidential dogs for some reason.

zroid

Banned
Thanks you did a great job!

I'm really liking how this appears to be the only game that takes advantage of every 3DS feature. It takes advantage of the 3D, the touch screen, the AR cards, Streetpass, Spotpass, online, Nintendo Direct, etc.

It really was built from the ground up to take advantage of the 3DS.

No DLC announced yet :p

Who ever said that was an idiot. It's only a 5 min. segment of the game.

Well, it's possible that there are 30 minutes worth of rail shooting in 5 minute increments. Then there are the ground sections, the fact that you'll be replaying for better rewards and unlocking new areas, and seemingly awesome online multiplayer that could last a long time...

Busaiku

Well, it's possible that there are 30 minutes worth of rail shooting in 5 minute increments. Then there are the ground sections, the fact that you'll be replaying for better rewards and unlocking new areas, and seemingly awesome online multiplayer that could last a long time...

Well, it's at least 30 minutes given the number of bosses thus far.

zroid

Banned
So, guys, if there ends up being a KI:U review thread or something, I propose everyone temporarily changing their avatar to the Tempura Wizard sprite (a la Reggie a couple weeks ago).

Neiteio

So, guys, if there ends up being a KI:U review thread or something, I propose everyone temporarily changing their avatar to the Tempura Wizard sprite (a la Reggie a couple weeks ago).
I agree. Let's all don Tempura Wizard avatars before release. Better with him than against him -- I sure don't want to be deep-fried and eaten!

Neiteio

Edge gave the game an 8. People can start eating crow.
As hyped as I am for this game, 8-8.5 is about what I'm anticipating this game will receive from most media outlets, probably due to the controls, which would be fair. Any details on what Edge docked it for?

jonno394

As hyped as I am for this game, 8-8.5 is about what I'm anticipating this game will receive from most media outlets, probably due to the controls, which would be fair. Any details on what Edge docked it for?

Review isn't online yet, but in my experience as an EDGE reader, an 8 from them in my eyes is like a 9+ from anyone else. I know it sounds ridiculos, but what say IGN would give an 8 because it's only somewhat good, EDGE would gladly give say a 6 etc etc

zroid

Banned
8 is a perfectly good rating, especially from EDGE, with a reputation for doling out lower scores. Didn't they give Super Mario 3D Land an 8? If the worst that can be said about KI:U is that it's "as good as SM3DL" I'm pretty sure I have nothing to worry about.

In any case, I'm interesting to see what reviewers think, but I don't need a review to tell me this will be an amazing game. That much I already know.

Neiteio

Review isn't online yet, but in my experience as an EDGE reader, an 8 from them in my eyes is like a 9+ from anyone else. I know it sounds ridiculos, but what say IGN would give an 8 because it's only somewhat good, EDGE would gladly give say a 6 etc etc
I just want to know what imperfections they see in the game. Like I said, I anticipate the controls will be a bit polarizing, particularly in the ground portions.

I'm also interested to know how many chapters are in the game. Has there been any word on this yet? There are certainly no shortage of locations and bosses.

Also, I want to know who the boss is in the desert world. Is it Pandora? Thanatos? Dark Pit?

jonno394

I just want to know what imperfections they see in the game. Like I said, I anticipate the controls will be a bit polarizing, particularly in the ground portions.

EDGE said:
Kid Icarus is back, then, and it turns out we did miss him. With Uprising, those internet petitioners finally have something they can be proud of. The control scheme initially seems lopsided, but works wonderfully for the flying sections, while any slight clumsiness on foot is countered by a responsive dodge. A worryingly compulsive weapon-fusing system thrown in, adding a chunk of the Pokemon gene to a game that already feels like a smart splicing of Star Fox and Zelda.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/09/edge-magazine-awards-kid-icarus-uprising-810/

I feel those two points are key to any imperfections.

maeda

I don't know. I feel like anyone who was proficient at MPH will be perfectly fine with controls. For everyone else there will obviously be a learning curve.

Neiteio

Any idea on when the other reviews will hit? I know IGN has their copy now. Hmm. Everything pre-release is hype and rainbows, but I'm eager to see what people who have played the full game think.

Also, some mysteries I want answered:

- How many bosses total? So far we know of Twinbellows, Dark Lord Gaol, Hewdraw, Big Reaper, Pandora, Thanatos, Space Kraken, Dark Pit (?), and Medusa... I wonder if there are even more?

- How many chapters total?

- How many base weapons, and how many possible weapon combinations?

- How many distinct powers?

- Any modes hitherto unannounced, like Mercenaries in RE4/RE5?

Goli

Any idea on when the other reviews will hit? I know IGN has their copy now. Hmm. Everything pre-release is hype and rainbows, but I'm eager to see what people who have played the full game think.

Also, some mysteries I want answered:

- How many bosses total? So far we know of Twinbellows, Dark Lord Gaol, Hewdraw, Big Reaper, Pandora, Thanatos, Space Kraken, Dark Pit (?), and Medusa... I wonder if there are even more?

- How many chapters total?

- How many base weapons, and how many possible weapon combinations?

- How many distinct powers?

- Any modes hitherto unannounced, like Mercenaries in RE4/RE5?

There's nine kinds of weapons: blades, claws, bows, staffs, palms, clubs, cannons, orbitars and arms. There's at the very least three different of each so that's that, there's probably a lot more counting the ones we haven't seen and the little variations each one has (like, speed +1 and such).

For the powers there's:

Recovery powers:
Status recovery: Heals status effects.*
Health recovery: Restores a little of Pit's health.

Booster powers:
Wall-slipping bullet: Allows bullets/beams/ranged attacks to pass through walls*
Eggplant Attack: Produces an elemental attack that damages your enemies and turns them into eggplants.

Attack powers:
Reflective Barrier: Brings forth a barrier that reflects attacks back.*
Mega Laser: Unleash a powerful beam that flies straight and true.
Explosive Flame: Produce an enormous and damaging explosion.
Meteor Shower: Brings a bunch of hefty meteorites down upon your enemies.

Movement powers:
Rocket Jump: A jump that creates an explosion.*
Angelic Missile: Turn yourself into a missile and launch yourself towards the enemy.
Sky Jump: Perform a standing jump that reaches a great height.
Super Speed: Run at such an enormous speed that you smash enemies out of the way.

Status powers*:
Darkness: Shrouds nearby opponents in darkness.*
Body Virus: Spreads virus** to nearby opponents.*

Situation changing powers*:
Playing Dead: Escape enemy attack by playing dead.*

Ability powers*:
Exhaustion-proof: Prevents getting tired.*

*Items with an asterisk are items who have had their names unofficially translated by me using the Japanese KIU website as a base, localization name might differ.
**Virus: Reduces HP by half.

Any estimates on campaign length?

Btw is this game suppose to be one of those score attack technical games or play for story and forget about it?

Effect

Glad TV commercials are starting to come out. I was honestly worried that NoA would drop the ball regarding this game. Here's hoping they work and placed well.

Neiteio

Game of the year.

I thought I'd be able to hold out on this until summer, but...no way.
I wish someone had GIF-ified the part of the trailer after that, where the Tempura Wizard hops out of the bowl, his eye turns into a mouth and he chases tempura-ized Pit around, eventually gobbling him up. MUCH scarier than an Eggplant Wizard!

That reminds me, it would be cool if Neoriceisgood would make a sprite of Tempura Wizard's standing form... HINT HINT. ;)

Awesome. This game is going to be.

I think Nintendo will be selling booster cards in stores, too. So not only do we have a core single player mode, an expansive multiplayer mode, random generated content, tons of items, skills and abilities, weapon fusion, we have a little augmented reality card game too...

HEY MAN I'LL TRADE YOU MY EGGPLANT WIZARD FOR YOUR MOCHTROID

Nah man Mochtroid has a 3 star rarity, while your Eggplant Wizard is only 1 star

MAN F*** YOU

*fights*

Awesome. This game is going to be.

I think Nintendo will be selling booster cards in stores, too. So not only do we have a core single player mode, an expansive multiplayer mode, random generated content, tons of items, skills and abilities, weapon fusion, we have a little augmented reality card game too...

HEY MAN I'LL TRADE YOU MY EGGPLANT WIZARD FOR YOUR MOCHTROID

Nah man Mochtroid has a 3 star rarity, while your Eggplant Wizard is only 1 star

MAN F*** YOU

*fights*

I wonder if the Tempura Wizard card will transform other cards into Tempura..

Busaiku

Do we know if there are any consequences if you die on the highest difficulty?
Like will you have to collect all those hearts again to wager or your prize will be altered or something?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just realized, why is a poster named Eggplant Wizard trying to hold out until summer on a Kid Icarus title? :p

Well, it's not plausible for Pit's enemy to buy this game at launch, otherwise it isn't a good enemy, come on!

Top Bottom