• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

@MUWANdo

Banned
It was confirmed by NOE on one of their press releases... the Nintendo Direct one? I forget. Anyway, each booster pack will be worth 250 Stars.

EDIT: oops, it's not a 24-card booster pack, those are the preorder giveaways. 250 Stars will get you two six-card booster packs (so, 12 cards).

I don't think NOA has mentioned it anywhere.

zroid

Banned
It was confirmed by NOE on one of their press releases... the Nintendo Direct one? I forget. Anyway, each booster pack will be worth 250 Stars.

EDIT: oops, it's not a 24-card booster pack, those are the preorder giveaways. 250 Stars will get you two six-card booster packs (so, 12 cards).

I don't think NOA has mentioned it anywhere.

ah, ok. gaddamn NoA.

kSt

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...s-uprising-to-come-with-6-ar-cards-in-the-uk/
Nintendo has confirmed that Kid Icarus Uprising will come with 6 AR cards when the game is released in the UK on March 23rd.

However, if you pre-order the game, you'll receive an extra pack containing 24 AR cards.

You'll also be able to get hold of exclusive Kid Icarus AR Cards through Club Nintendo. For 250 Stars you'll be able to get 2 packs containing 6 AR cards each.
EDIT: However, that pre-order bonus isn`t mentioned anywhere on the sites which sell the game. I`ve preordered from that banned shop, and would like to payoff my order beforehand just in case, but I afraid that AR card pack could turn out to be exclusive somewhere else.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Anyone know the rough star-to-coin ratio? lol

I'd definitely buy a few if they came to NA.

I'm in Australia so I don't know how our Stars match up with the European system, but at a rough estimate I'd say 250 Stars is probably around... 100 Coins? I'm really not sure.

hatchx

Banned
Am I the only one who absolutely doesn't give a **** about the cards?

It's a neat little novelty getting six with the game, and I'll muck with them a bit with my little brother.....but really? Really?

SmithnCo

In the end the cards are just a collectible novelty, like a lot of Club Nintendo stuff. I mainly want them because they are Kid Icarus branded stuff.

If they really want to make a killing they'd do this AR stuff with Pokemon cards.

I'm in Australia so I don't know how our Stars match up with the European system, but at a rough estimate I'd say 250 Stars is probably around... 100 Coins? I'm really not sure.

Cool, that's pretty cheap.

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's a neat little novelty getting six with the game, and I'll muck with them a bit with my little brother.....but really? Really?

I might have cared if the card game was wasn't so shallow, but it is, so I don't.

Codeblue

Nope, I'm right there with you. I can't see myself looking at them past trying the AR thing once.

Jarsonot

Same here. Does anyone actually use their AR cards that came with the system (the ones that are just characters)?

Chairhome

Here are the cards my brother got at the Kid Icarus Tournament. Here's to hoping one guy can't make it so he can go to NY :-(.

CameraZOOM-20120313241718595.jpg

Bigger version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/191840/CameraZOOM-20120313241718595.jpg

Same here. Does anyone actually use their AR cards that came with the system (the ones that are just characters)?

Those pack-in AR cards are stil sealed in my 3DS box.

And this was probably already mentioned, but the new issue of Game Informer has one card as an advertisement.

They're collector's items in my mind. The AR stuff is just a bonus on top.

Tom_Cody

An2e44DCEAAIerH.jpg

Does anyone know yet how vehicles will be implemented into the game? Are they in multiplayer at all or are they just a sort of fun bonus for single player levels?

Busaiku

An2e44DCEAAIerH.jpg

Does anyone know yet how vehicles will be implemented into the game? Are they in multiplayer at all or are they just a sort of fun bonus for single player levels?

They haven't been shown in multiplayer, so I don't think so.
Same with the 3 Sacred Treasures and whatnot.

At least I'd think.
AgentOtaku said:
I'm presuming this is for smoother face button movement?
It's for the touch screen.

branny

Alternatively, there are a number of control settings including one where A, B, X and Y are used to move, allowing you to wield the stylus with your dominant hand. It sounds like you'll be good to go either way. :)
Is this scheme actually viable? Because that would make me buy the game. I don't want to deal with Frankenstick nonsense. It works for the ground movement, too, right? Not gimped?

I would think that a face button for movement setup would really change the dodge mechanic. You do a smash type motion with the stick. What do you do with the buttons, double tap?

branny

I would think that a face button for movement setup would really change the dodge mechanic. You do a smash type motion with the stick. What do you do with the buttons, double tap?
Yeah, that's why I asked. :(

I would assume double tap for dodging and pressing two buttons for diagonals. It doesn't sound optimal, but it'd be a hell lot less awkward than trying to play as a righty.

Top Bottom