• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

@MUWANdo

Banned
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...s-uprising-to-come-with-6-ar-cards-in-the-uk/

EDIT: However, that pre-order bonus isn`t mentioned anywhere on the sites which sell the game. I`ve preordered from that banned shop, and would like to payoff my order beforehand just in case, but I afraid that AR card pack could turn out to be exclusive somewhere else.

It definitely exists, but it's retailer exclusive and varies from country to country, iirc. There are definitely a bunch of different places doing it across Europe, and in Canada too.

Neiteio

I just signed up for the cards. Is it ONLY the three cards? I mean, I'll be thankful for it either way (Great Reaper looks awesome), but normally you use the word "include" when the listed items are part of a greater whole. Yet the pics lead me to think perhaps we only get the three cards. Thoughts?

It's only 3 cards.

massoluk

Banned
I just signed up for the cards. Is it ONLY the three cards? I mean, I'll be thankful for it either way (Great Reaper looks awesome), but normally you use the word "include" when the listed items are part of a greater whole. Yet the pics lead me to think perhaps we only get the three cards. Thoughts?

I'll just print the rests out from somewhere on the Internet anyway.

I am looking forward to this game. I remember being in school and my friends and I taking turns trying to beat the original on NES. For us, it was right up there with Mario and Metroid. I even remember the schoolyard arguments with other kids saying that Chubby Cherub was the superior angel-based NES platforming game. They were obviously crazy.

If this does well, I wonder if we'll ever get a new Chubby Cherub game too?

9wi0p.jpg

hatchx

Banned
WTF!

So you can play without stylus controls?

.....I guess all the haters can't hate no more. A,B,X,Y for aiming isn't ideal, but still.

DSmalls84

WTF!

So you can play without stylus controls?

.....I guess all the haters can't hate no more. A,B,X,Y for aiming isn't ideal, but still.

Glad to see it has multiple options. Face buttons aren't the best for camera control, but I'm fine with it it in Snake Eater 3d so I'll make it work.

So how long is this game suppose to be?
IDK but according to people who playtested the game back in January they had 2 hours with the game and got to Chapter 8 and they were told they weren't halfway through the game yet.

The ending of Thanatos Rising Part 3 is AWESOME.

"Rage quit! Raaaaaage quit!"

<3 Thanatos!

I checked my 3DS last night and the only one I can view is Thanatos Rising Part 1. I couldn't find part 2. What am I doing wrong?

IDK but according to people who playtested the game back in January they had 2 hours with the game and got to Chapter 8 and they were told they weren't halfway through the game yet.

I checked my 3DS last night and the only one I can view is Thanatos Rising Part 1. I couldn't find part 2. What am I doing wrong?

You can just hit the connection check and it will start downloading new videos if you leave it alone a minute.

I couldn't tell you why it's not updating by itself. Make sure you're keeping it on in sleep mode around wi-fi it can use and while charged.

You can just hit the connection check and it will start downloading new videos if you leave it alone a minute.

I couldn't tell you why it's not updating by itself. Make sure you're keeping it on in sleep mode around wi-fi it can use and while charged.

Okay, I'll check it out thanks.

Darryl

Banned

i had to watch a part 1, close my 3ds for a bit, and then the other two downloaded immediately afterwards

i had to watch a part 1, close my 3ds for a bit, and then the other two downloaded immediately afterwards

I figured out what happened. I never allowed Nintendo Video to be open long enough to download the other videos. I only streamed the videos I was interested in seeing and shut it out. However, I kept it open and allowed it to download some videos to make room for the other Kid Icarus movies.

zroid

Banned
Jesus mother fuck, Japan is getting the soundtrack via Club Nintendo reward. :|

AoE3Y__CEAAoQY9.jpg

It also sounds like people who register the game early will get "preferential treatment". Not sure what this means exactly... could be priority shipment, or a discount, or maybe even get it free a la Ocarina 3D.

Edit: apparently they will get it at a discounted rate of 250 points, versus the regular price of 400 (until May 20).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Trophies and Achievements.
It might, but that Palutena statue seems to be the music player.
The AR cards are kinda like trophies, you can view the models at least.
SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI
Jesus mother fuck, Japan is getting the soundtrack via Club Nintendo reward. :|

http://p.twimg.com/AoE3Y__CEAAoQY9.jpg

It also sounds like they are getting it either free or at a discount if they register the game early.
SON OF A BITCH

@MUWANdo

Banned
The AR cards are kinda like trophies, you can view the models at least.

There's an AR Idol viewer that lets you view the models/read info on various items, characters, etc; you can either unlock them through an egg scale minigame thing that's very similar to the capsule game from Melee, or you can just scan the cards (I think).

Neiteio

There's an AR Idol viewer that lets you view the models/read info on various items, characters, etc; you can either unlock them through an egg scale minigame thing that's very similar to the capsule game from Melee, or you can just scan the cards (I think).
Yep. They posted screenshots showing the Idol Viewer awhile back. It's indeed just like the trophy viewer in Smash Bros. Here, the 3D model of the character, enemy, boss, etc, is displayed on the upper screen; the lower screen has information on the character. You can turn the model, zoom in and out and pan. All in 3D, of course. I wonder if the pop-out effect will be as pronounced as some of the dioramas you could unlock in Pilotwings Resort... At any rate, I love collecting figurines, so I'm all for this! Can't wait!

Top Bottom