• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

I am shocked at how far this game has come since early access. I've been playing it nonstop for 2 days and it feels like a sequel to the game I played back then.

yume_2501

Searching...
Searching...

This game is broken on the server side. What a shame

I ve noted that when i set "any" in the "game lenght" option the game keeps searching forever without find any match (never found a match that way). I tried to set "7 wawe" and it always started immediately (tested 3 times).

Yamisan

Put in a good 5 hours a day since Tuesday....time to put in 5 more. I'm having 0 issues finding games on US EAST no matter time of day

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
God I wish I could toss away the 9mm or disable it from weapon switch.

Damn thing is just annoying for most classes.

Yeah I'm gonna look in the control menu for better weapon switching, having to press triangle and left on the dpad to switch primaries is annoying.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been watching some solo HoE videos on YouTube. You learn quite a bit about how to hold your own. Boss killing is still SUPER hard - group or not. But goodness am I happy with this game. I need to spend money on something to support these guys.

I think the weapon switch button should just go back and forth between the last 2 weapons you used, including knife. It's the only aspect of the controller support that feels cumbersome.

void666

Banned
Had a ton of fun with friends last night. Pure chaos.
Piss me off how some of my friends dismiss this game as a "CoD zombie" rip off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Still not sure what class I prefer.

So many new players that don't really understand their roles has been frustrating... I like the challenge, but don't want to carry every round. I mean watching whole teams ignore approaching sirens (getting boxed in) while they simultaneously aggro every big baddie... wears on me after a while.

pbsapeer

Banned
Well i managed to play two games just now. The first one we didn't beat the boss but the second we did. Was very enjoyable I must say. Reminds me a lot of L4D and zombies from COD.
I was playing as a field medic. Was a good class but are the others better?

Btw I found making a "party" helped me get a game. Didn't invite any friends just pressed R1 to press search and got a game almost instantly.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Can you only play solo and 6 person games?

I want to do a 2 player only game with my friend.

So far the game is super fun. Played 3 games of solo and even on normal it was intense as fuck running through the dark farmhouse.

6 player was a bit more normal shooter. The tense horror atmosphere is lost in these games IMO

Well i managed to play two games just now. The first one we didn't beat the boss but the second we did. Was very enjoyable I must say. Reminds me a lot of L4D and zombies from COD.
I was playing as a field medic. Was a good class but are the others better?

Btw I found making a "party" helped me get a game. Didn't invite any friends just pressed R1 to press search and got a game almost instantly.

Medic is great, and most teams need one. Try support too. The shotguns are super powerful.

Fury451

Banned
This game is great when I can actually find a match. Which is basically never.

A third or fourth boss wouldn't hurt either.

Can you only play solo and 6 person games?

I want to do a 2 player only game with my friend.

So far the game is super fun. Played 3 games of solo and even on normal it was intense as fuck running through the dark farmhouse.

6 player was a bit more normal shooter. The tense horror atmosphere is lost in these games IMO

It's up to 6 so 2 will be fine.

Played an annoying game where people kept sealing doors and I ended up missing the vendor. Really hurt me for the rest of the game as I felt as was playing catch up.

Nearly lvl 15 but don't know how much more I'd want to play it. It's very grindy now.

ZangBa

I played a few games but it's so bland and boring. It seems like no one ever heals themselves for no reason, so I pretend to be team medic and inject their asses.

Van Bur3n

Killing Floor has been going at it since it was but a mod before L4D or COD zombies even existed. And it still remains better than both.

Anyway, as usual, I find myself playing Support and Medic most of the time and I always keep a double-barreled shotgun on hand for both classes. You can take on anything with that weapon. Combined with the tanky nature of a Medic, you're an unstoppable force. Don't be afraid to jump in front of FPs as a Medic to save a teammate. You can tank the damage.

I've had my first go at playing Berserker extensively in this game and I'm just not feeling it.. It was a favorite back in the first KF when a katana could stun lock a Scrake to death, but now it feels like a rather redundant class in this game (and the katana a shitty weapon now). What a shame.

I played a few games but it's so bland and boring. It seems like no one ever heals themselves for no reason, so I pretend to be team medic and inject their asses.

The people I'm running into on the PS4 are especially stupid in my experience. No one knows how to heal, buy armor, use the weapons for your chosen class (there are exceptions, but a Commando shouldn't be using fucking Gunslinger or Firebug weapons). How clueless can someone be.

BigEmil

Default controller sensitivity way too low, turn it up in the game settings then it feels much better

k1t4j

Had to delete this game, searches indefinitely and my ps4 fan goes crazy loud while the game is running. Shame as it looked quite fun :(

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
For those having issues:

Try searching only for games NOT in progress. That fixed what I thought was broken mp instantly for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For those having issues:

Try searching only for games NOT in progress. That fixed what I thought was broken mp instantly for me.

I've tried every fix people seem to have. No luck. I get a game once every few hours if I'm lucky. I saw that a Tripwire rep posts here...Maybe they can chime in?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Creating a party and making the option to "match not started" got me into games.

So you create party first and then start searching using the matchmaking option?

On what region?

'cause I haven't had any luck using the matchmaking option and I've rolled on every region trying to find any game with no luck :/

Gator86

This game is great when I can actually find a match. Which is basically never.

A third or fourth boss wouldn't hurt either.

Wait, are there really just two? I figured it just went by difficulty or something and there were more in the higher difficulties. Yikes. This game feels like a really polished early access game, to some extent. Still having fun with it for the most part though.

Wait, are there really just two? I figured it just went by difficulty or something and there were more in the higher difficulties. Yikes. This game feels like a really polished early access game, to some extent. Still having fun with it for the most part though.

KF1 only had one.

IMHO it's not really about the final boss, the surviving to get there, particularly on higher difficulties. Enemies get a lot harder and it's not just about higher damage / HP. They will start to actively attempt to dodge your shots. Enemies away their head more often. Stalkers can even roll and backflip.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, these server issues aren't going to keep people playing for longer than a few days. Get your shit together guys. Super annoyed right now.

I hate Zombies for some reason (I've tried WaW, Black Ops and another one I'm blanking on) and both KF1 and KF2 are miles ahead

I was able to play with my friends earlier today, but I haven't been able to find a game via matchmaking for an hour. It keeps giving me an "Unable To Find Match" error, despite me trying all the tips posted here.

This really doesn't send out a good message to people trying this out because of PS+. I love the bloody game, so I'm definitely sticking around, but I'm afraid a bunch of people just trying it out are going to leave due to matchmaking being broken.

Spinluck

The way I sold to my friends was, "a COD zombies with better gunplay, FAR FAR more depth, more challenge, better team mechanics, and more variety."

It's a disservice to call it COD zombies but I got them all on it so mission accomplished.

Gator86

KF1 only had one.

IMHO it's not really about the final boss, the surviving to get there, particularly on higher difficulties. Enemies get a lot harder and it's not just about higher damage / HP. They will start to actively attempt to dodge your shots. Enemies away their head more often. Stalkers can even roll and backflip.

Considering how much of a slog they are, it's insane they only have two bosses. A pretty big missed opportunity.

Considering how much of a slog they are, it's insane they only have two bosses. A pretty big missed opportunity.
Totally agreed here. And I seem to get Hanz probably 80% of the time too, so it feels really lackluster when it comes to the bosses.

That said, I am in love with this game. I've been playing it a ton since I got it on PS+. Commando and Field Medic are my jam!

Gator86

Totally agreed here. And I seem to get Hanz probably 80% of the time too, so it feels really lackluster when it comes to the bosses.

That said, I am in love with this game. I've been playing it a ton since I got it on PS+. Commando and Field Medic are my jam!

Ha, I've been playing Medic like crazy too. The bosses just seem bad, especially in comparison to how good the rest of the fame generally is. They remind me of Destiny strike bosses considering the joyless bullet sponge style of them.

It's a really fun game and a great Plus title. If the server outage last through the weekend though, RIP the Plus population bounce though.

shinn623

I stopped playing on PC not long after sharpshooter came out. is it so supposed to be so much easier on console? Like you can legit carry even on hard on console. Survivalist and swat is pretty awesome. Swat is ridiculous, and survivalist is perfect for those that like to mix weapons from classes (prefer RPG for FPs, and the M14 or Kriss smg). Also aim assist is so strong. Good to see that hipfire is still the way to play for the most part.

Fury451

Banned

Yeah, just the Patriarch and the Doctor. It's been a long long time since I played the first, but I thought that game had more boss variety. Could be wrong though.

The real difference in experience comes from longer waves on higher difficulty- lots more sub boss encounters it seems.

It's a good game for short bursts- 1-2 games at a time and then a break for awhile.

Can confirm that this did work for some reason. Hopefully they fix it though, it's a ton of fun and very sleek.

Those gun reloads and idle animations are sooooo good.

On the reloads. I love the 'check ammo' animation if you press reload with a full clip. It's such a small touch but really adds to the game. It kind of reminds me of the slow trigger pull animation when using Handcannons in Destiny. I wish more games had that sort of stuff.

Paertan

I think there are more bosses planned but they have been saying that for a long time. They were great at adding free content after release on the original Killing Floor so hopefully that will continue. I am hoping for some fun event. Christmas and Halloween events were always fun.

I also tried looking for matches last night with numerous setting combo's to no luck.
Gave up after half an hour.

I will try SA servers/making an empty party later today.
This has to be fixed though, people will give up after a week.

I played for a bit by myself and the game does seem really fun.

Top Bottom