• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

slider

As for the "moderate to little resistance"; well seeing as we haven't engaged in interplanetary warfare let's not jump any guns. It's not a logical fallacy to expect a country to be ruined just like it's not to expect a nation to be on it's knees; there is precedence of course.

Let's not focus on the
wrong
minutiae!

SupahBlah said:
Seriously, doesn't make much sense.

Same with the Helghast using their breathing masks on their own planet, surely the Humans would require them with the atmosphere different?

I think the soldier talking was told there was little resistance, when there infact was not. "someone forgot to tell the helghast". If I remember correctly the reason for masks is that the atmosphere made their lungs weak (living there for a long time). ISA can probably breath the air but it would cause damage over a long period of time.

STG

yeah.. totally awesome :\

20jhjl2.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
SupahBlah said:
Seriously, doesn't make much sense.

Same with the Helghast using their breathing masks on their own planet, surely the Humans would require them with the atmosphere different?
On one hand, its clear you know near to nothing about the KZ universe (which I don't blame you for), but on the other hand, you really don't understand the "meet with moderate to little resistance" thing? Lived under a rock for the past 8 years or something?

SupahBlah

Banned
Golvellius said:
I think the soldier talking was told there was little resistance, when there infact was not. "someone forgot to tell the helghast". If I remember correctly the reason for masks is that the atmosphere made their lungs weak (living there for a long time). ISA can probably breath the air but it would cause damage over a long period of time.

As far as it mentioned in KZ1 and Liberation. the Helghast are faster and stronger mutations due to their planet but they need their own atmosphere to survive which is why they used breathing equipment when they invaded Vektra.

I really don't get the little resistance part though, it took the ISA something like 3 months to liberate Vektra.

If memory serves didn't the Helghast leader mention they now have nuclear weapons at the end of Liberation? Again doesn't make much sense, especially if they can build star ships but can't develop a nuclear weapon?

Story seems all over the place just so bad guys can have glowing eyes again.

Darkpen said:
On one hand, its clear you know near to nothing about the KZ universe (which I don't blame you for), but on the other hand, you really don't understand the "meet with moderate to little resistance" thing? Lived under a rock for the past 8 years or something?

I'm sorry but what?

Why would they expect light resistance on the Helghast's own planet? Surely they would defend it to the last. Just seems a shot at the Iraq war for little reason or logic.

I know enough about the KZ universe. If I know nothing explain why they're wearing breathing equipment for their own planet while the Humans don't need to.

DrPirate

Banned
Dever said:
They changed Sev's hair? Looks worse now imo.

edit: oh shit that big dude shoots lightning

I didn't notice, how did they change it?

Edit: Oh shit......Umm.....Change it back....

Darkpen

Banned
SupahBlah said:
As far as it mentioned in KZ1 and Liberation. the Helghast are faster and stronger mutations due to their planet but they need their own atmosphere to survive which is why they used breathing equipment when they invaded Vektra.

I really don't get the little resistance part though, it took the ISA something like 3 months to liberate Vektra.

If memory serves didn't the Helghast leader mention they now have nuclear weapons at the end of Liberation? Again doesn't make much sense, especially if they can build star ships but can't develop a nuclear weapon?

Story seems all over the place just so bad guys can have glowing eyes again.

I'm sorry but what?

Why would they expect light resistance on the Helghast own planet? Surely they would defend it to the last. Just seems a shot at the Iraq war for little reason or logic.

I know enough about the KZ universe. If I know nothing explain why they're wearing breathing equipment for their own planet while the Humans don't need to.
The little resistance thing is most likely their top brass being overconfident in their position in the war? Maybe they think they dealt with the worst, and they've got the upper hand? etc? Or more likely, to bring up morale, and have soldiers lining up to go at this "final battle," to finish off the Helghan threat? Not entirely unheard of.

i.e. lies, a gamble, pushing their own agenda, whatever. Desperation move, whatever. Stem them at their base before the next wave.

They've always shown the Helghast soldiers wearing their masks in their homeland as well, most notably the intro in KZ1. While they did mutate and become stronger, they had to use technology to adapt to the atmosphere as well.

Or at least, that's what I remember being the case in the story for KZ1.

CoG

This game is really impressing me. The multiplayer looks solid as fuck and the graphics top any console game this generation. No bullshots either. People playing this game now can attest those graphics are real.

DrPirate

Banned
Darkpen said:
The little resistance thing is most likely their top brass being overconfident in position in the war? Maybe they think they dealt with the worst, and they've got the upper hand? etc?

They've always shown the Helghast soldiers wearing their masks in their homeland as well, most notably the intro in KZ1. While they did mutate and become stronger, they had to use technology to adapt to the atmosphere as well.

Or at least, that's what I remember being the case in the story for KZ1.

As a matter of fact: It's due to the ISA thinking they understand Helghan propaganda. As far as they're concerned, the Helghan have no pride and they're being oppressed by Visari, a leader they hate. What they probably expected was for the ISA to show up, and the Helghast to throw down their weapons and show them to their leader.

Obviously blind arrogance by the ISA brass which is also clearly visible in KZ1 and KZ:L.

"No one told the Helghast" They were obviously expecting them to to go to Helghan and trample them. Also, in the CG of KZ1, you see montages of Helghast mistreating Helghast (murdering execution style). It's not unreasonable to think the Helghast actually want to be freed from their dictator, but who knows, it would involve complex social and political analysis know what I mean? It's like asking why Cubans feel a strong sense of pride with Castro, a dictator who oppresses his own people.

SupahBlah said:
Why would they expect light resistance on the Helghast's own planet?

Seems like something the particular soldier talking was just told, they lied about the situation to get recruits. View the trailer again. I'ts not like the ISA actually expected light resistance.

Dante

The mech thing at the end looks crazy.

Someone GIF that part where they are riding on that train thing.

JB1981

Dudes, just wait til you see this fucking game in motion. In HD. In real life. Just fucking wait
:lol

And then wait til you feel how the game plays - the guns, the guns the guns - they are sublime.

Darkpen

Banned
DrPirate said:
As a matter of fact: It's due to the ISA thinking they understand Helghan propaganda. As far as they're concerned, the Helghan have no pride and they're being oppressed by Visari, a leader they hate. What they probably expected was for the ISA to show up, and the Helghast to throw down their weapons and show them to their leader.

Obviously blind arrogance by the ISA brass which is also clearly visible in KZ1 and KZ:L.

"No one told the Helghast" They were obviously expecting them to to go to Helghan and trample them. Also, in the CG of KZ1, you see montages of Helghast mistreating Helghast (murdering execution style). It's not unreasonable to think the Helghast actually want to be freed from their dictator, but who knows, it would involve complex social and political analysis know what I mean? It's like asking why Cubans feel a strong sense of pride with Castro, a dictator who oppresses his own people.
which is why I'm wondering why people are questioning that line from the trailer D:

The new hair looks a little bit weird in the first shot, but that's probably because it's a straight on side shot. At an angle, like the concept art, it'll probably look more natural.

god damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

This is probably the only game that has visuals that impress me on a level with crysis...its the scale, combined with the art and effects..absolutely stunning...........

This is my most anticipated fps by a long shot...well, resistance 2 is in there as well, but this just looks incredible

Pistolero

I can hardly make out the details as the scenes are darker than ever. Honestly, it doesn't seem as impressive as it once appeared to me...I have been mesmerized by older trailers but this one failed at making me go "wow". Please GAF, don't shoot me !!! :D

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Darkpen said:
which is why I'm wondering why people are questioning that line from the trailer D:
Because I only played some of Killzone 1, some of Liberation, and don't go nearly this deep into Killzone lore. Sorry, Killzone-Age.

Top Bottom