• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

There's not a single GIF that can contain the awesomeness of that trailer.

Someone needs to make one gigantic GIF of the entire thing...even if it was like 500 MB, it would be amazing.

After seeing this trailer and playing the KZ2 beta, I hope GG immediately starts work on KZ3.

This is the next big shooter franchise.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
Dudes, just wait til you see this fucking game in motion. In HD. In real life. Just fucking wait
:lol

And then wait til you feel how the game plays - the guns, the guns the guns - they are sublime.

AHHHHHHHH

4.gif

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

looks ok, i guess

Alias03

SupahBlah said:
As far as it mentioned in KZ1 and Liberation. the Helghast are faster and stronger mutations due to their planet but they need their own atmosphere to survive which is why they used breathing equipment when they invaded Vektra.

I really don't get the little resistance part though, it took the ISA something like 3 months to liberate Vektra.

If memory serves didn't the Helghast leader mention they now have nuclear weapons at the end of Liberation? Again doesn't make much sense, especially if they can build star ships but can't develop a nuclear weapon?

Story seems all over the place just so bad guys can have glowing eyes again.

I'm sorry but what?

Why would they expect light resistance on the Helghast's own planet? Surely they would defend it to the last. Just seems a shot at the Iraq war for little reason or logic.

I know enough about the KZ universe. If I know nothing explain why they're wearing breathing equipment for their own planet while the Humans don't need to.

SupahBlah said:

uhmmm its Vekta...:lol Just messing with ya man but I had to :D

Darkpen

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
Because I only played some of Killzone 1, some of Liberation, and don't go nearly this deep into Killzone lore. Sorry, Killzone-Age.
here's the thing: I hated KZ1 (due to lack of polish), and I never got to try Liberation (though I loved the demo), so when I hear that line in the trailer, it seems pretty clear to me that, at the very least, as far as story development and wars are ever concerned, the line was a reflection of war propaganda the human soldiers were fed, for the reasoning behind attacking the Helghast homeland. That's why I'm confused as to why people are even questioning it. Its like, to me, "duh, have you studied human history?"

SupahBlah

Banned
Alias03 said:
uhmmm its Vekta...:lol Just messing with ya man but I had to :D

thompsonriise.gif

Darkpen said:
here's the thing: I hated KZ1 (due to lack of polish), and I never got to try Liberation (though I loved the demo), so when I hear that line in the trailer, it seems pretty clear to me that, at the very least, its clear that for story development, and as far as wars are ever concerned, the line was a reflection of war propaganda the human soldiers were fed, for the reasoning behind attacking the Helghast homeland. That's why I'm confused as to why people are even questioning it. Its like, to me, "duh, have you studied human history?"

Its basic human nature to defend your home to your last, especially those hyped up on propaganda (see Soviets defending against Nazi Germany).

My only issue was I doubt anyone would be that gullible considering what the Helghast did on Vekta.

Liberation was pretty good you should definitely give it a playthrough.

SupahBlah said:
Same with the Helghast using their breathing masks on their own planet, surely the Humans would require them with the atmosphere different?
Dammit, your logic will harm my enjoyment of this game :lol

Definitely looks great... but I don't really see anything in this trailer more outstanding then what we've already seen.

The way people were exploding over this trailer made me think it would be something more epic.

It's an amazingly beautiful game though.

Ceb

Die Squirrel Die said:
The new hair looks a little bit weird in the first shot, but that's probably because it's a straight on side shot. At an angle, like the concept art, it'll probably look more natural.

People forget that the old hair style didn't particularly resemble that concept art. It looks much better without the damn neck mohawk, although I guess they could've made it a tad shorter in length...

OK, enough discussing the hair. :lol

Darkpen

Banned
jett said:
Some caps..
a1mjoy.jpg
tell me its because of video compression, because the texture res on that tank look awfully low. Its not MGS4-Metal-Gear-Rex-omfg-whats-with-the-low-textures low, but it looks awful low D:

slider

Poimandres said:
Definitely looks great... but I don't really see anything in this trailer more outstanding then what we've already seen.

The way people were exploding over this trailer made me think it would be something more epic.

It's an amazingly beautiful game though.

Really? I haven't been paying close attention but since the beta hit I've seen some/a lot of corridor and limited open areas. This new trailer has an awful lot of new locales. Dunno, I could be wrong - as I said I haven't been paying close attention. When I first posted didn't even know if it was new or not (and I didn't pay attention as it played).

antiloop

Darkpen said:
tell me its because of video compression, because the texture res on that tank look awfully low. Its not MGS4-Metal-Gear-Rex-omfg-whats-with-the-low-textures low, but it looks awful low D:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WTF?!?!?! This is the most amazing trailer yet. Really hypes. GIF's of the lighting while they are on the moving rail part. I said holy shit several times, DAMN!!!

Shawn128

Damn there's some haters in this thread :lol

What ever happened to just being excited for a game? It won't be perfect by any means, but then again, what game is?

slider said:
Really? I haven't been paying close attention but since the beta hit I've seen some corridor and limited open areas. This new trailer has an awful lot of new locales. Dunno, I could be wrong - as I said I haven't been paying close attention. When I first posted didn't even know if it was new or not (and I didn't pay attention as it played).

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong about the game looking fantastic. It's just the environments and general feel of the first half of the trailer were very familiar to me, and I haven't even been following everything to do with this game.

Chalk it up to expectations raised by seeing everyones superlative filled impressions before watching the trailer. If I had of simply stumbled across this without seeing others impressions I'd surely be more impressed.

*Goes and plays Liberation*

Pistolero

I'm however intrigued by the "suggested" scale. The areas seem extremely vast and the levels complex and huge. I thought it would be a lot more confined...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Darkpen said:
You can see macroblocking....

jett

D-Member
Darkpen said:

sigh

motion blur + crap flash video

KZObsessed

SupahBlah said:
Seriously, doesn't make much sense.

Same with the Helghast using their breathing masks on their own planet, surely the Humans would require them with the atmosphere different?

The Helghast need breathing equipment due to the long term damage Helghan's atmosphere causes to their lungs, it's not because they need to breath a different atmosphere. Helghast are humans too.

ISA troops don't need breathing equipment because they aren't supposed to be there long, so they'd suffer minimal damage. It does make sense.

Beautiful shot. That's a work of art.

slider

Poimandres said:
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong about the game looking fantastic. It's just the environments and general feel of the first half of the trailer were very familiar to me, and I haven't even been following everything to do with this game.

Chalk it up to expectations raised by seeing everyones superlative filled impressions before watching the trailer. If I had of simply stumbled across this without seeing others impressions I'd surely be more impressed.

*Goes and plays Liberation*

Heh, I guess the key phrase from your original quote was...

Poimandres said:
...don't really see anything in this trailer more outstanding then what we've already seen...

As for me, I was impressed by the scale of the new stuff. Wide open vistas. Whether you'll get to charge around in them and explore is anyone's guess. So difficult to tell with what we've seen. I'm gonna fall for this sucker cos it's so pretty.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Must see?

MUST SEE???

Did you have to say that??

its a Killzone2 Trailer, we already know we MUST see:D

and umm, Did I see a MECH???

WrikaWrek

Banned
Pistolero said:
Never impressed you to start with, really... :D

It did. A lot actually. I used to think nothing compared to this. Time flows though. Still looks amazing, not saying otherwise.

Dante said:
:lol keep em coming.

Keep who coming? Geez, take a chill pill son. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Halvie

Banned
JB1981 said:
Dudes, just wait til you see this fucking game in motion. In HD. In real life. Just fucking wait

And then wait til you feel how the game plays - the guns, the guns the guns - they are sublime.

Can you compare the multiplayer with another game? Do you think it will stay popular for a while? Does it take a lot of skill ect... I am hoping it is really deep and not jut "added on at the last minute" type of deal.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WrikaWrek said:
Doesn't impress me anymore, cool motion blur though.
Which console game looks better? Or is it the slew of high end PC gams like Crysis that have spoiled us all? I can't think of 1 game that comes close to KZ2. And before you bring up the heavy hitters (Uncharted, Gears2) I am in a position to comment on most of them since I have or will buy them. And don't claim me to be on defense mode, this game doesn't need defending. Just incase you think I'm mad.

Top Bottom