• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

WrikaWrek

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
2aak7qu.jpg

I wish more games invested more on animation. Animation of the mech there is awesome, and i love how the camera shakes, it's such a small effect that adds so much to the sequence.

Halvie said:
Can you compare the multiplayer with another game? Do you think it will stay popular for a while? Does it take a lot of skill ect... I am hoping it is really deep and not jut "added on at the last minute" type of deal.

YES

YES

AND MORE YES

The multiplayer component is the best I've played this gen, and I've played and loved all of the big ones (Gears, Halo 3, CoD4, etc).

KZ2 is a class above those, IMHO. The multiplayer is fantastic.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WrikaWrek said:
I wish more games invested more on animation. Animation of the mech there is awesome, and i love how the camera shakes, it's such a small effect that adds so much to the sequence.
GT.....oh, you have something nice to say :D

matmanx1

Impressive looking but am I wrong for wanting to look like a Helghast soldier instead of the standard looking army guy? Those Helghast soldier designs with the glowing eyes and black uniforms just do it for me I guess. Still, I cant wait to finally play this one.

Dirtbag

Halvie said:
Can you compare the multiplayer with another game? Do you think it will stay popular for a while? Does it take a lot of skill ect... I am hoping it is really deep and not jut "added on at the last minute" type of deal.

I'm actually hoping it offers something different then what has so far looked like a re-skinned COD4 experience. Something I don't think I will know for sure until actually getting my own hands on the game.

Also, for anyone that's played it, the animations look amazing in these campaign videos..
But does the multiplayer use them as effectively? and do the overly complicated animations limit the immediate responsiveness of the controls specific to the multiplayer experience?

slider

Private Hoffman said:
YES

YES

AND MORE YES

The multiplayer component is the best I've played this gen, and I've played and loved all of the big ones (Gears, Halo 3, CoD4, etc).

KZ2 is a class above those, IMHO. The multiplayer is fantastic.

This is a stupid question but I'll give it a punt anyway. Have you played Warhawk? If you have, how does KZ2 compare?

Doesn't mean anything unless I say what I love about WH. Here goes. WH's gameplay is varied and can be as in-depth or shallow as you want. Drop in and drop out, for days weeks or months and it's still a hoot.

It's probably not fair to expect KZ2 to be everything to everyone but there's nothing wrong in hoping...

beat

lynux3 said:
Joke post? Motion capture in this video is top notch. Looks better than most games out now.
I thought the one animation of Helghast climbing over waist-high obstacles was ungood. Every other anim was top-notch. Rendering, texturing, modelling, fx, etc were all great too.

Dirtbag said:
I'm actually hoping it offers something different then what has so far looked like a re-skinned COD4 experience. Something I don't think I will know for sure until actually getting my own hands on the game.

Also, for anyone that's played it, the animations look amazing in these campaign videos..
But does the multiplayer use them as effectively? and do the overly complicated animations limit the immediate responsiveness of the controls specific to the multiplayer experience?

Oh, it does.

That's the beauty of it really.

While the gunplay may feel like a much slicker and refined CoD4, the class systems allows for a whole new level of depth on a console shooter. It's a really tactical shooter and involves a whole lot of team work and planning. In other words, KZ2 plays like a whole new beast while retaining similar mechanics to what you love from other shooters. The experience definitely feels very fresh and new. KZ2 is polished up the ass on all fronts, and I was very impressed by the map design. It is VERY good. Best I've seen in a shooter. Lots of depth to the maps.

As for the animations, ther multiplayer does use them effectively. They can get somewhat delayed, but it's not really an issue. The animations don't feel overly complicated to the point of stifling the responsiveness. The controls are golden.

slider said:
This is a stupid question but I'll give it a punt anyway. Have you played Warhawk? If you have, how does KZ2 compare?

Doesn't mean anything unless I say what I love about WH. Here goes. WH's gameplay is varied and can be as in-depth or shallow as you want. Drop in and drop out, for days weeks or months and it's still a hoot.

It's probably not fair to expect KZ2 to be everything to everyone but there's nothing wrong in hoping...

Yes, I have played WarHawk, and unfortunately I could never really get into WarHawk...it's just not my type of game. I didn't enjoy the shooting mechanics and, while having some scale, it wasn't very slick.

KZ2 plays nothing like WarHawk because WH has much bigger maps, vehicles, etc. KZ2 obliterates WarHawk in my personal opinion. I've heard that WarHawk has a steep learning curve....KZ2 doesn't. It's instantly accessible, but allows you to learn the new classes as you play. There's a lot of depth.

I'm looking forward to seeing MAG as the next evolutionary step to WarHawk.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Your post history doesn't surprise me anymore.

it never did

You are one to talk, *rollseyes*

Here i'll do it like you do:

omg amazing, phenomenal, awe inspiring, the next big franchise, better than anything this gen, best game ever, you will think Christ made this game

P.S i played and like all the other big games, including those on 360, so i'm unbiased.

Wait, you still haven't pre ordered the game? Well go, now, and when you arrive on the store pick up motorstorm 2 the:

omg amazing, phenomenal, awe inspiring, the next big franchise, better than anything this gen, best game ever, you will think Christ made this game

repeat for whatever

Halvie

Banned
Dirtbag said:

I am not actually looking for a COD4 myself. I find that game way too easy....not saying I was awesome or anything, but I was able to finish in the top couple for kills after my second or third match - whereas in UT3 I had my ass handed to me horribly for the first 25 matches or so till I grasped how to play.

Clinton514

Dirtbag said:

:lol I wish I could talk about the beta...but I can't. There's no reason to worry is all I have to say.

Mahadev

WrikaWrek said:

P.S i played and like all the other big games, including those on 360, so i'm unbiased.

Wait, you still haven't pre ordered the game? Well go, now, and when you arrive on the store pick up motorstorm 2 the:

repeat for whatever

And I wondered when you'll start "controlling" the hype/excitement on this PS3 thread. Jesus christ you're the most annoying troll in here.

For those in the beta: you can aim down the sights of your weapon, correct? Is aiming tied to L1 or R3? And can you customize the controls?

slider

Private Hoffman said:
Yes, I have played WarHawk, and unfortunately I could never really get into WarHawk...it's just not my type of game. I didn't enjoy the shooting mechanics and, while having some scale, it wasn't very slick.

KZ2 plays nothing like WarHawk because WH has much bigger maps, vehicles, etc. KZ2 obliterates WarHawk in my personal opinion. I've heard that WarHawk has a steep learning curve....KZ2 doesn't. It's instantly accessible, but allows you to learn the new classes as you play. There's a lot of depth.

I'm looking forward to seeing MAG as the next evolutionary step to WarHawk.

Thanks dude. In conjunction with your reply to Dirtbag I'm getting a feel for it. A limited feel, but as any male will tell you a feel is a feel.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Mahadev said:
And I wondered when you'll start "controlling" the hype/excitement on this PS3 thread. Jesus christ you're the most annoying troll in here.

Didn't control anything.

I gave my opinion, on two occasions, and got blasted for it. So now i can't reply to those that questioned me?

What kind of hypocritical, double standard shit is this?

Anyway, as i said, game looks amazing nonetheless.

I watched the trailer a few more times but simply put, this is the best looking console game I've ever seen.

The only thing I would put over it are the games that require 512MB of RAM just for the GPU alone and even then I can count them on maybe two fingers above this. All this is restricted to what ever the console has, now that's is simply impressive.

~Kinggi~ said:
Looks amazing. Ill be skeptical until release however as the first game also showed a lot of promise.

Bingo.

Unfortunately, I can't see the damn trailer at work, but I like the trailers I've seen so far.

But at the moment, it still sounds like a whole bunch of fanboys overhyping something that I'm sure will be really good without being an instant classic.

I bought Killzone one way back when based off of trailers, hype and stills, just like this one is receiving, took it back the next day.

Luckily Killzone Liberation is a great game.

I still think Guerilla are being very clever on the graphics front, and I don't mean clever in the way it sounds, but I'll reserve judgement for when I see the game in motion with my own eyes.

WrikaWrek said:

repeat for whatever
you forgot visually orgasmic

Private Hoffman said:

Hmm, can't say I happy about this. It's a really small nitpick, but pressing the analog stick to zoom just irks me. It doesn't help that almost every shooter, first-person or otherwise, also uses L1 (or LT on 360) to aim.

Mahadev

WrikaWrek said:
Didn't control anything.

I gave my opinion, on two occasions, and got blasted for it. So now i can't reply to those that questioned me?

What kind of hypocritical, double standard shit is this?

Anyway, as i said, game looks amazing nonetheless.

OK whatever just get out. You're always doing this on PS3 threads. You start shit by replying to some poster and then the thread is all about you and how Sony fans are overhyping. Your method has become old as shit and quite annoying.

WrikaWrek

Banned
BamYouHaveAids said:
you forgot visually orgasmic

I was going to put that in actually. But only a couple would get the easter egg.

Mahadev said:
OK whatever just get out. You're always doing this on PS3 threads. You start shit by replying to some poster and then the thread is all about you and how Sony fans are overhyping. Your method has become old as shit and quite annoying.

So it's not the poster who replies to me that starts shit, it's me, when i reply to somebody who "attacks" my opinion? :lol

"Just get out", ugh

slider

2 Minutes Turkish said:
But at the moment, it still sounds like a whole bunch of fanboys overhyping something that I'm sure will be really good without being an instant classic.

Fair enough; can totally see why you'd say that.

But the fanboys have at least seen this latest trailer. The second part of that sentence... what are you basing that on? The fact that KZ1 sucked but Liberation was "great"? Or is it cos the "fanboys" are so excited and you wanna counter-point to that?

DrPirate

Banned
Halvie said:

Counter-Strike mixed with Call of Duty 4 and something you've never seen before (God, Warzone innovates sooooooo much....)

Clinton514

Jack Scofield said:
Hmm, can't say I happy about this. It's a really small nitpick, but pressing the analog stick to zoom just irks me. It doesn't help that almost every shooter, first-person or otherwise, also uses L1 (or LT on 360) to aim.
Don't quote me but you can check the PlayStation forums where I believe there was mentions of different control types. You're not limited.

edit: To add to what Dr. Pirate is saying. I believe other FPS' will be borrowing from some of the ideas that will be seen in KZ2 multiplayer.

moe_81 said:
Looks fucking phenominal.
But, why would SCE release this trailer right before resistance 2 gets released??

The game is coming out in February. They've got to keep releasing some level of media for it before then.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand why someone would take issue with fanboys hyping something though. They're in their own little contained thread, being excited alone, in their own little world, not pissing on your shoes...

Why do people feel the need to restore some kind of order to the GAF force? You don't. Say what you think and move on. no need to swipe at fanboys or touch things with ten foot poles. you're on teh interwebz and nobody can eat your family.

Top Bottom