• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

slider said:
Fair enough; can totally see why you'd say that.

But the fanboys have at least seen this latest trailer. The second part of that sentence... what are you basing that on? The fact that KZ1 sucked but Liberation was "great"?

I haven't even played KZ1.

I'm not tainted by any level of 'disgust' or 'letdown' that the series may have had on some people that played the original Killzone.

All I can compare it to are the games that I've currently played and loved, and have all had great reviews and gone on to sell millions.

At least from the multiplayer side of things, there is no disappointment from my end. I was disappointed HIGHLY by R2's multiplayer (co-op is still good fun even with some of the flaws).

KZ2 has exceeded my greatest expectations, and I can assure you those expectations were quite high given all the hype this game has received.

GG is always going to get shit on by people on the internet for KZ1. From what I've played of KZ2, they've finally delivered on their vision. I really wish people would cut the company some fucking slack at this point.

slider

Y2Kev said:
I don't understand why someone would take issue with fanboys hyping something though. They're in their own little contained thread, being excited alone, in their own little world, not pissing on your shoes...

Why do people feel the need to restore some kind of order to the GAF force? You don't. Say what you think and move on. no need to swipe at fanboys or touch things with ten foot poles. you're on teh interwebz.

Jack Scofield said:
For those in the beta: you can aim down the sights of your weapon, correct? Is aiming tied to L1 or R3? And can you customize the controls?
the #1 thing i want is full control config... i'd set my controls up more like bad company...

DrPirate

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Hmm, can't say I happy about this. It's a really small nitpick, but pressing the analog stick to zoom just irks me. It doesn't help that almost every shooter, first-person or otherwise, also uses L1 (or LT on 360) to aim.

I hated pressing R3 to go into aiming mode too.

...Until I played KZ2 demo. It's well implemented, and it works, don't worry about it.

J-Rzez

Wollan said:
Hook, line and sinker. Too much to quote.

It was that it was placed in that situation though. The whole uncovering, everyone's wow'd, then found out that it was CG, later unveiled the game looks nearly as good, people said sloppy controls, controls now are tight, and now it's considered by many more impressive than the original trailer. It's just that KZ2 was a whip used by PS3 haters because of what it was. Now that it's been proven to be the real deal, they grasp to whatever they can possibly scrounge up to save face.

Sorry kids, the game's the real deal, it's up there with the best visuals even on PC, and thanks to it's none generic/horrid art, to me it pushes it beyond what I've played/seen in Crysis and such.

Crazy Ken is redeemed for the hardware's supposed nightmare set to work on. And there's years of life left in the PS3. Didn't even get to see GoW yet lol.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy shit, that was stupidly amazing. Environment barren of sun probably helps, but they simply nailed the look of the contemporary CG, as much as it's possible without making things CG. Kudos to GG and people at Studio Cambridge (who I hear have developed a good part of that crazy engine)

slider

Private Hoffman said:
I haven't even played KZ1.

I'm not tainted by any level of 'disgust' or 'letdown' that the series may have had on some people that played the original Killzone.

All I can compare it to are the games that I've currently played and loved, and have all had great reviews and gone on to sell millions.

At least from the multiplayer side of things, there is no disappointment from my end. I was disappointed HIGHLY by R2's multiplayer (co-op is still good fun even with some of the flaws).

KZ2 has exceeded my greatest expectations, and I can assure you those expectations were quite high given all the hype this game has received.

That's all you can do. See and react. I'd hope no one's asking for any more. Appreciate your comments. I had quoted 2 Minutes Turkish - he'd come across as slightly reactionary (to me at least).

Cheers.

Absolutely stunning!

And the beta rocks!

Is it true that they're using the guys that worked on Heavenly Sword for the cut scenes? I remember hearing that in one of the dev interviews awhile back.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Y2Kev said:
I don't understand why someone would take issue with fanboys hyping something though. They're in their own little contained thread, being excited alone, in their own little world, not pissing on your shoes...

Why do people feel the need to restore some kind of order to the GAF force? You don't. Say what you think and move on. no need to swipe at fanboys or touch things with ten foot poles. you're on teh interwebz and nobody can eat your family.

<3

Clinton514

makingmusic476 said:
Absolutely stunning!

And the beta rocks!

Is it true that they're using the guys that worked on Heavenly Sword for the cut scenes? I remember hearing that in one of the dev interviews awhile back.
That was the 1UP special. When Shane went to their studio. They're pretty much using the same tech that they used with Andy Sirkis and company in Heavenly Sword.

WrikaWrek

Banned
makingmusic476 said:
Absolutely stunning!

And the beta rocks!

WETA did the Heavenly sword cutscenes. I don't believe they are doing that for Killzone2. I think they said they were using many of the same techniques, and how they sort of mimic what is done in movies. Which shows, because unlike some other games with huge budgets (Halo3 for ex), this game doesn't have crappy animations.

J-Rzez

Y2Kev said:

Why do people feel the need to restore some kind of order to the GAF force? You don't. Say what you think and move on. no need to swipe at fanboys or touch things with ten foot poles. you're on teh interwebz and nobody can eat your family.

Because it hurts some people it's on the PS3 exclusively, it turned out to be better than the real deal, and nothing else comes close outside of Crysis. There's no other explanation about it.

mintylurb

slider said:

But the fanboys have at least seen this latest trailer. The second part of that sentence... what are you basing that on? The fact that KZ1 sucked but Liberation was "great"? Or is it cos the "fanboys" are so excited and you wanna counter-point to that?
I think you already know the answer.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I still think Guerilla are being very clever on the graphics front, and I don't mean clever in the way it sounds, but I'll reserve judgement for when I see the game in motion with my own eyes.
All console developers have to be clever on the graphics front. Jebus, talk about trying to downplay the game's graphics..

Insane Metal

Gold Member
ScissorHands said:
Awesome lighting and effects. Not so sure about the Helghan models.
JFC, this is one of the best things about the game... the character models and their art direction... actually the art direction for the game in general is fucking awesome. IMHO of course :D

ianp622

I know I'm a PS3 fanboy and all, but this really impresses me more than Crysis. The art direction, the lighting, and the environments all seem much more interesting. Not to mention the heft of the guns.

slider said:

But the fanboys have at least seen this latest trailer. The second part of that sentence... what are you basing that on? The fact that KZ1 sucked but Liberation was "great"? Or is it cos the "fanboys" are so excited and you wanna counter-point to that?

As someone who's looking to expand his PS3 library substantially (I downloaded Ratchet QFB AND bought it retail so I could add another title to the shelf for fucks sake) I can say that all the Sony fanboys are pissing me off hyping EVERY FUCKING RELEASE that is in the distant future, only to be let down 8 times out of 10.

So far, the ONLY game on PS3 that has demanded my attention and continues to keep me entranced is Uncharted. The ONLY one, and I own MGS4. (Singstar is a little different, but I love that too).

All i'm saying is, at various points in the trailers I've seen, I've sat back and thought to myself "Shit, this is a little too good to be true". And GENERALLY, when something looks to good to be true, it usually is.

So rather than get caught up in all the hype, I'll keep my comments as level headed and objective as possible.

Let's hope the single player doesn't partner you with retard A.I. characters like Liberation.

Stupid ass partners killed the game for me.

DO NOT WANT BABYSIT!

DO WANT FUCKIN' SHOOT THINGS! :mad:

2 Minutes Turkish said:
As someone who's looking to expand his PS3 library substantially (I downloaded Ratchet QFB AND bought it retail so I could add another title to the shelf for fucks sake) I can say that all the Sony fanboys are pissing me off hyping EVERY FUCKING RELEASE that is in the distant future, only to be let down 8 times out of 10.

So far, the ONLY game on PS3 that has demanded my attention and continues to keep me entranced is Uncharted. The ONLY one, and I own MGS4. (Singstar is a little different, but I love that too).

All i'm saying is, at various points in the trailers I've seen, I've sat back and thought to myself "Shit, this is a little too good to be true". And GENERALLY, when something looks to good to be true, it usually is.

So rather than get caught up in all the hype, I'll keep my comments as level headed and objective as possible.

It's not.

If you don't want to get caught up in the hype, that's fine.

Just wait till you get in the beta and experience it for yourself.

I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed or letdown.

Zeliard

5otji8.jpg

Gorgeous.

Just gorgeous.

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
Let's hope the single player doesn't partner you with retard A.I. characters like Liberation.

Stupid ass partners killed the game for me.

DO NOT WANT BABYSIT!

DO WANT FUCKIN' SHOOT THINGS! :mad:
What? But you liked Army of Two!!

slider

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Fair enough. You've been burnt by expectation and hype in the past.

I'll leave it there but there you do know there are potentially lots of avenues to explore with your standpoint. The most obvious being your blood pressure being on GAF!

I'm quite excited cos we're getting (limited) feedback from the beta players. I'm not into banging drums or hyperbole either. But if something like KZ2 does disappoint I'm not bummed about it too long.

You really should give Warhawk a go (assuming you haven't already?). I love that game.

Clinton514

2 Minutes Turkish said:

Well, no one can make you enjoy certain games but...

I don't know...you didn't seem too level headed there lashing out at "fanboys" like that.

shrug.jpg

I'm glad to hear they're using similar technology to the Heavenly Sword guys, for the cutscenes, i still think HS is the most convincing for a released game.

Clinton514 said:
That was the 1UP special. When Shane went to their studio. They're pretty much using the same tech that they used with Andy Sirkis and company in Heavenly Sword.

WrikaWrek said:
WETA did the Heavenly sword cutscenes. I don't believe they are doing that for Killzone2. I think they said they were using many of the same techniques, and how they sort of mimic what is done in movies. Which shows, because unlike some other games with huge budgets (Halo3 for ex), this game doesn't have crappy animations.

Awesomesauce. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
2 Minutes Turkish said:

Oh, you poor poor baby! :p

Perhaps you should start having your own opinion about things in your hobby and stop looking at others making one for you.

mintylurb

slider said:
Fair enough. You've been burnt by expectation and hype in the past.

I'll leave it there but there you do know there are potentially lots of avenues to explore with your standpoint.

I'm quite excited cos we're getting (limited) feedback from the beta players. I'm not into banging drums or hyperbole either. But if something like KZ2 does disappoint I'm not bummed about it too long.

You really should give Warhawk a go (assuming you haven't already?). I love that game.
You know, when JB1981 thinks it's impressive then it's got to be like game of the century.

BlazingDarkness said:
I'm glad to hear they're using similar technology to the Heavenly Sword guys, for the cutscenes, i still think HS is the most convincing for a released game.
Heavenly Sword's cutscenes made the game. I was completely enthralled the entire time, and it wasn't until well after I finished the game that I realized the plot was pretty damn weak. There wasn't much to the story, but the way they told it made it simply amazing.

Let's hope they get some amazing actors for KZ2 to accompany the awesome tech. Andy Serkis will be hard to beat. :D

RavenFox

Banned
Mango Positive said:
Looks fantastic, but I couldn't help but notice the lack of FPS game play in the trailer.
So your saying this is the first trailer you've seen? Am rite? Someone give this poster a link with FPS gameplay please :-/ DUDE CUT THE CRAP THERE HAS BEEN MANY VIDS OF FPS GAMEPLAY.

DrPirate

Banned
Marconelly said:
Oh, you poor poor baby! :p

Perhaps you should start having your own opinion about things in your hobby and stop looking at others making one for you.

Rofl.

I have to give this one to you Marconelly, what an awesome response hahaha.

As if he's blaming others for games not meeting his expectations or satisfying his tastes.

iceatcs

EyePet-monkey-wow.png

And people trying downgrade the hype or this game. You can't, it is virtually impossible until day1.
EyePet-monkey-wick.png

Pistolero

Is JB1981 some kind of difficult to satisfy-capricious and hard to please gamer whose satisfaction comes at incalculable costs ? :D

mintylurb

The Take Out Bandit said:
Played from start to finish with a friend; but since you're mintylurb you don't know what a friend is and since you own a PS3 you're not familiar with local co-op! lolz PS3lurb! :D
I can't believe anyone would hang out with a racist pig who draws dick girls. And I have way more friends than you!

Anyway, I don't quite get your local co-op comment since you were playing Army of Two on your ps3.. Oh, proud multi-console owner since 2006 ;b

RavenFox said:
Drinky Crow
Banned
(Today, 09:03 PM)
Reply | Quote
That's his tag.

Top Bottom