• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

ypo

Arsenic said:
You forgot about the glowing red eyes.

Red is the new gray anyway. So basically it's gray on gray. I wouldn't call that variety.

Later on, you'll be able to play some karaoke songs riding a colourful dragon to level up.

NICE!! maybe I am wrong about judging it based on a single clip.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I've always anticipated KZ2 more than I have R2. I'm just so much more drawn to the art style and story backdrop. I heard nothing but good things about the gameplay, so I only get happier as the release date gets closer.

iceatcs

? - Hmmm, looks okayish!
* - Wat? what's okayish?
? - grey and clay, and PS3 can't do more than 8 bits colors.
* - .... my ass \/
25k1zdv.jpg

jafa79.jpg

9zoxt1.jpg

4qq7bc.jpg

34zeu4k.jpg

5otji8.jpg

2jb1eo3.jpg

Topher said:
I've always anticipated KZ2 more than I have R2. I'm just so much more drawn to the art style and story backdrop. I heard nothing but good things about the gameplay, so I only get happier as the release date gets closer.

This. I still may end up getting R2 at some point just depends on my budget.

Just to be more on topic, this is looking fucking awesome.

n1n9tean

Banned
Arsenic said:
Just noticed this, and maybe i am wrong, but what is wrong with the hands of the guy to the far right?
Oh, that's perfectly normal. My thumb is as long as my middle finger, aswell.
thumbleft.gif

Recoil

Metalmurphy said:
You didn't see any gameplay at all actually.

And why would you be worried? You have no PS3.

Because oh hey, some of us like videogames, not consoles.

Because I have a vested interest in Killzone 2 being good -- if it is, that's another reason for me to get a PS3.

God, it's like so many people here have been fanboys for so long, they don't know anything but. I play videogames. Not videogames-on-my-platform-of-choice-and-only-my-platform-of-choice-and-all-the-rest-suck-ass-omg-defense-force-go

Arsenic

n1n9tean said:
Oh, that's perfectly normal. My thumb is as long as my middle finger, aswell.
thumbleft.gif
lol well, i was thinking more about this thumb being crocked somewhat. but oh well, they fucking game looks amazing. only will watch this trailer once :D

Recoil said:
Because oh hey, some of us like videogames, not consoles.

Because I have a vested interest in Killzone 2 being good -- if it is, that's another reason for me to get a PS3.

God, it's like so many people here have been fanboys for so long, they don't know anything but. I play videogames. Not videogames-on-my-platform-of-choice-and-only-my-platform-of-choice-and-all-the-rest-suck-ass-omg-defense-force-go
So KZ2 is gonna be the game that'll sell ya a PS3?

Really?

Also don't fucking call me a fanboy just cause I found it weird that a game you wouldn't obviously be playing could worry you.

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
We didn't alter the source file in any way shape or form. And if you didn't notice... we were REALLY LATE posting this. This thread was at 6 or 7 pages before we found an HD file to post.

Foil

Game looks fantastic.

The only thing that worries me a little is environment diversity with the game being set on Helghan and not Vekta. Although they could be holding back other locations until the game ships. Either way, I hope they show some new locations in the next few months. Really want to see what GG and this engine can do with weather effects like rain, snow, etc.

Dante said:
:lol This thread is already bigger then the Gears official thread.

Yet still nowhere near the size of the Haze official thread. OMG. GG and Epic should just give up.

iceatcs

RichieRich said:
We didn't alter the source file in any way shape or form. And if you didn't notice... we were REALLY LATE posting this. This thread was at 6 or 7 pages before we found an HD file to post.
Nice to see uploaded, but I think you didn't aware about cropped, because I would like to download it when the quicktime version out. I don't want to worry about it.
Between I love your site because multi-chosen video formats esp working for my iphone.

Metalmurphy said:
So KZ2 is gonna be the game that'll sell ya a PS3?

Really?

I don't see what is so incredulous about Killzone 2 being one of the games that might convince someone to buy a PS3.

Some people definitely purchased 360's for Halo 3 or Gears- so why wouldn't they purchase PS3's for Killzone 2?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The visuals were quite good... but it looks really boring.

RichieRich

(works for gametrailers)
iceatcs said:
Nice to see uploaded, but I think you didn't aware about cropped, because I would like to download it when the quicktime version out. I don't want to worry about it.
Between I love your site because multi-chosen video formats esp working for my iphone.
We don't have other formats yet.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
MassiveAttack said:
Boring is just about the last word that springs to mind...
It's just really bland an uninteresting, I guess.
I really liked the first Killzone though, back then the atmosphere was really novel.
But the charm/hook/whatever you want to call it seems like it's been lost.

Honestly I am not as Wowd by the games visuals as I used to be. The novelty has worn off. Maybe its because I'm used to seeing them by now, or maybe because the visual gap has definitely shrunk with some of the other gorgeous games coming out.

BUT...

The game is freakin gorgeous and its why I bought my PS3. I just hope it has good gameplay because I never played the first game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Memphis Reigns said:
The game is freakin gorgeous and its why I bought my PS3. I just hope it has good gameplay because I never played the first game.
If it's like the first game, it'll take some getting used to.. but it's pretty good.

n1n9tean

Banned
Memphis Reigns said:
Honestly I am not as Wowd by the games visuals as I used to be. The novelty has worn off. Maybe its because I'm used to seeing them by now, or maybe because the visual gap has definitely shrunk with some of the other gorgeous games coming out.

BUT...

For me, at this point, I'm more impressed than ever by the atmosphere the game creates. Not simply by the graphics.

I got flashbacks of playing Manhunt when it first came out long ago while watching the KZ2 sniper gameplay. :D

Nafai1123

Banned
n1n9tean said:
*buckles under the peer pressure*

Themz some loooong pages. :D

Just like the ladies like it :D

Jtwo said:
It's just really bland an uninteresting, I guess.
I really liked the first Killzone though, back then the atmosphere was really novel.
But the charm/hook/whatever you want to call it seems like it's been lost.

Yea, who likes those gritty, violent space marine shooters anyways?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nafai1123 said:
Just like the ladies like it :D

Yea, who likes those gritty, violent space marine shooters anyways?
A whole lot of people.
It's become it's own very successful genre.

skulpt

Ok. The things that totally rock....

-The lighting is the best in a console game to date by quite a bit
-The smoke and atmosphere is the best in a game to date
-The wind blowing things around just looks amazing
-Best animations in a shooter to date
-No game combines this all so well. This is the most technically impressive console game to date IMO.

SSM25

How come I never see chespace fapping for any of the awesome games on the PS3 as of late?, like LBP or KZ2?

Dre

This trailer is absolutely amazing, february can't come soon enough.
Oh and Brian Cox's voice acting as Helgast Leader is great.

Top Bottom