• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

iceatcs

SSM25 said:
How come I never see chespace fapping for any of the awesome games on the PS3 as of late?, like LBP or KZ2?
Wat? I thou he working in MGS and probably don't have PS3.

Rikyfree

skulpt said:
Ok. The things that totally rock....

-The lighting is the best in a console game to date by quite a bit
-The smoke and atmosphere is the best in a game to date
-The wind blowing things around just looks amazing
-Best animations in a shooter to date
-No game combines this all so well. This is the most technically impressive console game to date IMO.

-
The drivable mech. I can confirm this. =)

Rikyfree

Hazaro said:
Ban bet or no go :lol
Ill take that bet based on what I've been told. The person I learned it from played at the play session. He has finished the game already and has the swag to prove it.

iceatcs

stuburns said:
Better not be, they never control well, and I've only heard bad things about the tank controls.
Well, they can always improve it.
And it better to have both in there, otherwise all the reviews will add some negative point because just plain FPS. We need more of this kind. Too many similar shooter games.

StuBurns

Banned
iceatcs said:
Well, they can always improve it.
Possibly, but I'd much rather they just focus on the standard shooter/cover mechanics, just make it as tight as humanly possible.
iceatcs said:
And it better to have both in there, otherwise all the reviews will add some negative point because just plain FPS. We need more of this kind. Too many similar shooter games.
I doubt it, a lot of high rated shooters like COD4 have nothing outside of shooting.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mech mech as in Trailer, or gun turret thing?

vo69ao.jpg

Let's have a .gif too.

v33mdk.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
stuburns said:
Well the picture you linked to is clearly the thing in Hazaro's post.

In the thread 2 people post "mech" so I am still wondering.

Mech in trailer looks like a walker btw.

DrPirate

Banned
stuburns said:
Well the picture you linked to is clearly the thing in Hazaro's post.

Which looks like you're defending an air attack from the suspended capital ships of ISA forces.

Which is going to be EPIC if it's not JUST shooting targets.

Zen

Banned
Hazaro said:

vo69ao.jpg

Let's have a .gif too.

v33mdk.gif

The original Shellshock had a base you could go back to in between missions.

This turret might be on the side of one of the Vektan Cruisers.

Think about that.

Real time travel between areas between missions, where you might be attacked by a Helghast Air strike?

Sounds good to me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Recoil said:
Full disclaimer: I'm a 360 guy with no PS3.

But uh.... huh.... was anyone else somehow disappointed by this? I just didn't see any variety in gameplay or environment. It really has me worried for the gameplay.

The graphics look absolutely amazing though, and the animations.. my god, does Guerrilla have its own mo-cap studio?

You are worried about the enviorments?

Are you kidding?

There are going to be like 9 types at least. Killzone had amazing maps and enviroments, don't worry a thing about how the maps are going to turn out.

Zen said:
The original Shellshock had a base you could go back to in between missions.

This turret might be on the side of one of the Vektan Cruisers.

Think about that.

Real time travel between areas between missions, where you might be attacked by a Helghast Air strike?

Sounds good to me.

Oh no, you are not making me think about something like that.
How am I supposed to sleep for the next 4 months now?

ilikeme

Well this trailer made me a fan. The sound and graphics make for an awesome atmosphere. If the game is actually fun to play and has good multiplayer?

Hot damn wow.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hazaro said:

vo69ao.jpg

There are a couple of errors in these frames.

Orange target markers still visible.
White reticule in the middle still visible.
And since you don't actually ever see the turret from outside, there's a big hole in the geometry below it and some warped textures :p

Wollan

Tempy, just wondering if you folks have been given a firm release date yet internally? I mean, down to the specific day?

Hazaro said:

>Pre-Alpha

Thinking about it, have we seen anything without that tag on top yet?

It won't look much better at release. The pre-alpha is just a talking point. It's obvious a ton of work early on was making sure the graphics were unparalleled after the whole CG fiasco.

The graphical fidelity isn't going to skyrocket in the next 3-4 months. Though I'm sure a lot of potential graphical hiccups will be ironed out. Also, this probably also refers to parts of the code they're still tweaking (entirely unrelated to the graphics).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tempy said:

And since you don't actually ever see the turret from outside, there's a big hole in the geometry below it and some warped textures :p

Ah, I thought those were damage indicators. Haven't played this yet, so I'm not sure.

Couldn't it be looking at someone else from, oh nevermind - I'm not worried about it :lol

My Arms Your Hearse said:
It won't look much better at release. The pre-alpha is just a talking point. It's obvious a ton of work early on was making sure the graphics were unparalleled after the whole CG fiasco.

The graphical fidelity isn't going to skyrocket in the next 3-4 months. Though I'm sure a lot of potential graphical hiccups will be ironed out.

I don't think I would expect it to.

I was wondering out of curiosity however.

-Winnie- said:
PLEASE LET THERE BE A HELGHAST CAMPAIGN.

You'd think that would be something they would of played up, maybe after R2 comes out. :D
No :(

Main plus would have to be Helghast pistol + starting gun >>> ISA crap
That shotgun secondary never gets old. So useful too.

Plus you know, the awesome narratives and speeches you would hear.

Zen

Banned
Tempy said:

Why oh why would you not ever see the surrounding geometry, unless of course you spawned in the turret during an air raid, and that Turret is clearly on the side of something that's very certainly in the Air.

ICALLEDIT.GIF

Ok, so I finally saw the trailer, Gametrailers HD one.

I'm not saying anything more, than the very first trailer I saw got me far more excited than that one did.

It wasn't shit by ANY stretch of the imagination. But it's not what you're all making it out to be. I was expecting this phenomenal trailer. The very first one is still the one that gets me the most excited, by a stretch.

StuBurns

Banned
Zen said:
Why or why would you not ever see the surrounding Geometry, unless of course you spawned in the turrent during an air raid, and that Turret is clearly on the side of something that's very certainly in the Air.

ICALLEDIT.GIF
I guess if you're in the plane thing already, you would man the turret from in the plane. Like in COD4.

KTallguy

Banned
I think this game looks really nice, but I'm really tired of looking at it.

I'm also hoping it has something really fun and unique to offer other than uber graphics.
All I know is that there's a cool cover system.

StuBurns

Banned
KTallguy said:
I think this game looks really nice, but I'm really tired of looking at it.

I'm also hoping it has something really fun and unique to offer other than uber graphics.
All I know is that there's a cool cover system.
Have they said anything about coop? I haven't heard anything.

From the videos I could imagine an awesome 'buddy' coop system fitting in very well.

Awntawn

stuburns said:
Have they said anything about coop? I haven't heard anything.

From the videos I could imagine an awesome 'buddy' coop system fitting in very well.
Basically they've said none for release, maybe down the road in DLC. Unfortunately ;'(

Rikyfree said:
Ill take that bet based on what I've been told. The person I learned it from played at the play session. He has finished the game already and has the swag to prove it.

wat.

what did he say about the finished game?

Crayon

fizzelopeguss said:
lulz at the trolls and their prolapsed assholes swinging in the wind.

I'm gonna play this game wearing a kriegsmarine cap and gasmask.

?

Wikipedia said:
Asshole prolapse normally describes a medical condition wherein the walls of the rectum protrude through the anus and hence become visible outside the body.

:O

StuBurns

Banned
Awntawn said:
Basically they've said none for release, maybe down the road in DLC. Unfortunately ;'(
Disappointing, however it's a lot to deliver I guess. I have high hopes for the title after hearing a lot of good (and yet not NDA breaching) reports from the Beta people.

n1n9tean said:
For me, at this point, I'm more impressed than ever by the atmosphere the game creates. Not simply by the graphics.

I got flashbacks of playing Manhunt when it first came out long ago while watching the KZ2 sniper gameplay. :D

Seeing the atmosphere from the first gameplay footage was what sold me. Dark gritty future sci fi setting? I'm in.

Whats funny is that I had a dream last night in first person and it was the Killzone 2 universe. I couldn't tell if I was playing it in my dream, or if i was actually one of the guys in the game, cuz I had a gun in front of me...anyway, point is, the nailed it perfectly if i can recreate it in my dream (or nightmare).

Dante

Memphis Reigns said:
Seeing the atmosphere from the first gameplay footage was what sold me. Dark gritty future sci fi setting? I'm in.

Whats funny is that I had a dream last night in first person and it was the Killzone 2 universe. I couldn't tell if I was playing it in my dream, or if i was actually one of the guys in the game, cuz I had a gun in front of me...anyway, point is, the nailed it perfectly if i can recreate it in my dream (or nightmare).

:lol I had the same dream.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ot, but first person shooter dreams are AWESOME. i recently had a dream that i was running around something resembling mgs2's big shell with something like a covenant carbine and shooting these fat grey mucousy aliens RIGHT IN THE FACE FROM REALLY FAR AWAY -- i think this was initially a videogame i was playing and then something that was actually happening. or maybe both simultaneously. if life resembled videogames at all, war would be SUPER FUN

Crayon

drohne said:
ot, but first person shooter dreams are AWESOME.

Turn based squad game dreams are NOT AWESOME.

I had one where I was an XCOM operative and I had to go whereever some asshole told me to. I had to stand there untill I got orders again, and could only see what was in front of me, not even able to look around. Of course I could hear people dying and aliens snarling.

The worst part was that I couldn't tell if whoever was playing was any good or not. It was very disturbing.

Top Bottom