• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

Looks nice...animation(in this trailer) could use some work, but it looks ok. Some of the gameplay clips have looked much better than this. Disappointed by this trailer, but ive seen better killzone 2, so the game hasnt disappointed me yet.

antiloop

abstract alien said:
Looks nice...animation(in this trailer) could use some work

I have seen the trailer 3 times. Where is the problem?

edit:

Looking through the thread. Liked this one. :)

se0nxt.gif

For beta people, better than COD4 online?

I sure hope so. That game, while very good really can annoy the hell out of you.

Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.
Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.
Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.

Actually, what are the grenades like in KZ2?

FirewalkR

Wollan said:
The underlying code of Uncharted 2 will actually heat up your monitor by browsing it. Programmers at ND are required to have UV filters covering the screens.

I concur with your assessment good sir. And I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next. Can't get Arne to talk, though, not even a measly date estimate for some news. Someone has got to give some wine to the gentleman.

Private Hoffman said:
I've already dumped like 45 hours into the beta. With 3 maps. Multiplayer only.

Can't wait for the real thing.

What's your PSN name? Maybe I've seen you on the beta.. I have about 18 hours myself and I can't put the game down. It's probably the best MP game I've ever played.

Mine's shadowsdarknes90.

antiloop said:
Not really any problems, it just doesnt stand out imo. The single player in game stuff that has been shown looks better and more appealing than the trailer(which is a good thing), and it is usually the other way around. This really didnt do anything for me at all, but the gameplay clips have really been pretty nice.

:bow in guerrilla games we trust :bow

like liberation, i want a new chapter and co-op* added months later - free of charge.

*local (2-players on the same ps3) and online co-op.

To those not wowed by the visuals, wait till you see it on your TV. It's an all new ballgame. Everything is crystal clear, nothing is foggy, hazy, and there's almost no jaggies.

This will blow people's minds.

mileS

The animation in this game from what i've seen is fuckin fantastic.

Does anyone have the gifs from the older threads? (like the one posted on this page and earlier.. just random gifs of guys getting shot up)

-viper-

Banned
RobertM said:
I'm thinking of skipping R2 and just waiting for Killzone 2, need to read on some impressions.
So you aren't allowed to buy both R2 and Killzone 2, despite the fact that K2 is being released 4 months after R2?

f@luS

More than a member.
shadowsdarknes said:
To those not wowed by the visuals, wait till you see it on your TV. It's an all new ballgame. Everything is crystal clear, nothing is foggy, hazy, and there's almost no jaggies.

This will blow people's minds.
i am not trolling but lately ive been playing a lot on PC (with my new rig) and i was able to play killzone 2 last week. I think its the best looking fps overall. Including crysis (i play on Very high/max with 40+ fps). It looks much better than FC2 . It just looks CG sometimes. I know from a technical standpoint crysis may be more demanding, but the look...KZ is really unbelievable.

f@luS said:
i am not trolling but lately ive been playing a lot on PC (with my new rig) and i was able to play killzone 2 last week. I think its the best looking fps overall. Including crysis (i play on Very high/max with 40+ fps). It looks much better than FC2 . It just looks CG sometimes. I know from a technical standpoint crysis may be more demanding, but the look...KZ is really unbelievable.

For me it's the art direction that puts it above Crysis. It just looks a lot more... interesting. Even in the messy PS2 Killzone, I always greatly appreciated Guerrilla's visual design.

Kuroyume

Banned
Fuck... That's so freaking beautiful.

I should be in the beta. :(

I can't wait for "phase 3" of the beta aka buy an annual qore subsciption for an invite. :lol

abstract alien said:
This looks and runs so much better. THIS is killzone, and that Helghan trailer doesnt do it any sort of justice what so ever.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8142_en.html

personally I dont think that looks better...infact this trailer impresses me alot more, just for the variation in the environments...the train section in particular looks incredible...really it impresses me even more than the train sequence in warhead

antiloop

abstract alien said:
Not really any problems, it just doesnt stand out imo..

It's a bit on the slow side in the trailer but I assume it's faster in-game.

I think the best part about how the game moves is that everything seems to have a weight to it. That's not something you see in games often.

-viper- said:
So you aren't allowed to buy both R2 and Killzone 2, despite the fact that K2 is being released 4 months after R2?

you are. but why would you? if you're going to add another fps to your collection it has to be the best and entertaining to play.

killzone 2 > resistance 2 by a huge margin. insomniac have been killzowned!

antiloop said:
It's a bit on the slow side in the trailer but I assume it's faster in-game.

I think the best part about how the game moves is that everything seems to have a weight to it. That's not something you see in games often.
Very much so, especially in FPS games. Most of the time, characters just slide all over the place with no real connection to the level, but like you said, this game does indeed get rid of that.

Hopefully more FPS games take note.

-viper-

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
you are. but why would you? if you're going to add another fps to your collection it has to be the best and entertaining to play.

killzone 2 > resistance 2 by a huge margin. insomniac have been killzowned!
R2 has got 9/10 and 9.5 from OPM UK and IGN respectively.

Keep in mind OPM gave R1 a 6 or 7.

andycapps

Wow, this looks crazy. Voiceover was incredible, as are all the little graphical touches that separate this game from the pack. Day one.

-viper- said:
R2 has got 9/10 and 9.5 from OPM UK and IGN respectively.

Keep in mind OPM gave R1 a 6 or 7.

i don't care about those publications or their numerical scores.

killzone 2 steps up while resistance 2 takes a fall. personally, i won't be wasting my hard earned cash on trash like resistance 2 when the real deal is only four months away.

Clinton514

abstract alien said:
This looks and runs so much better. THIS is killzone, and that Helghan trailer doesnt do it any sort of justice what so ever.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_8142_en.html
Not to attack your opinion but anyone familiar or interested in the Killzone series/story has good reason to be excited by that trailer.

This type of trailer isn't a new phenomenon and seems to be acceptable...except for when it comes to KZ2. ;)

Dever

Banned
Since so many people are talking about the beta in this thread, I'll ask the same thing I asked in the beta thread... Can you play multiplayer locally? Like, with splitscreen?

jaypah

oh my, the hyperbole on both sides is just.....:lol

looking great as always. and i usually HATE games with a central color scheme (in this case, greyish) but for some reason it fucking works here.

J2d

Nice trailer and I really like the music, every track has been solid so far. I hope they put it on psn tomorrow and start sending out the theme invites.

spwolf

antiloop said:

edit:

Looking through the thread. Liked this one. :)

se0nxt.gif

holy shit. fuck, shooting at kneecaps? thats just evil and awesome in so many ways...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
BadlyCookedTurkey said:
For beta people, better than COD4 online?

I sure hope so. That game, while very good really can annoy the hell out of you.

Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.
Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.
Spawn.
Dead.
Watch killcam.
Blindly thrown nade.

Actually, what are the grenades like in KZ2?

sounds like u suck at CoD4, dont see any kills on this list:D

AndyD

aka andydumi
So creepy, but last night I had a dream I was in this game of sorts. I watched the trailer last night before bed, and the red glowing eyes got stuck in my head. I dreamt I was running around some sort of abandoned/haunted warehouse and there were people after me who had these creepy masks with red glowing eyes and everything was dark and all you could see were the eyes running around int he darkness with guns. Its like we were playing laser tag...

I woke up this morning and I was like crap, I have to buy that game...

iceatcs

Fenderputty said:
I had to come see this thread again this morn and check out that trailer again.

:lol at anyone who isn't impressed.
I think people just upset and some will hate when trailer don't show gameplay or gunplay much.

I have see enough gunplay and I don't need to see more because there are tons of videos and events and if you still think they have no gameplay to show, GROWN UP!
Now all I want to see more in this world (Helghan) but this trailer is best thing for me because it has shows more variable environment rather than repeat first 2 levels we have seem many time on old trailers and clips.

It is not LAME trailer because finally they show little more about this world.

Darkpen

Banned
Crayon said:
Turn based squad game dreams are NOT AWESOME.

I had one where I was an XCOM operative and I had to go whereever some asshole told me to. I had to stand there untill I got orders again, and could only see what was in front of me, not even able to look around. Of course I could hear people dying and aliens snarling.

The worst part was that I couldn't tell if whoever was playing was any good or not. It was very disturbing.
:lol :lol :lol

andycapps

FirewalkR said:
Poor dude has PSN/XboxLive details at gametrailers lol. Go easy on him Tempy! :lol

Oh wow, he leaks stuff about the game and has his info on there. He's asking for the ban hammer on PSN.

Rikyfree

andycapps said:
Oh wow, he leaks stuff about the game and has his info on there. He's asking for the ban hammer on PSN.
Yeah, I kinda asked him to delete that stuff as I posted it here lol, just so he wouldn't get into too much trouble.

Raistlin

maniac-kun said:
wow this looks allmost to good to be a game :D maybe iam not used to how this gen looks (only own a wii and ps3 next week :lol ). has a realy good cinematic feeling and good atmosphere in the scenes like i havent seen before!

I've had a PS3 since launch, and have been playing friends 360's since before launch (one of my buds won the Pepsi contest). In other words, I've had plenty of time to let 'next gen' sink in.

For the most part, KZ2 does not look like a game from this gen. That isn't meant as hyperbole, stating it looks like a PS4 game or something ... what I mean is that the overall aesthetic, the filtering, etc. are simply really different from anything I've seen before. The game just looks ... different.

Raistlin

stuburns said:
Does anyone else think the visuals are almost 'too' good for the platform?
Why does nothing else look anything like this? I'm not saying it's fake, clearly the beta is running on peoples home consoles. But I wonder if the game would have looked like this had they not decided to show that CG trailer. There was so much pressure for them to deliver that standard of visuals (and I think the pretty much have, it's a lot better in places) I think they put more resources into it than anyone else. I can't imagine they always knew they could get it looking like this when everything else is miles behind them.

Just looking at it in comparison to something like MGS4 (which I adore, I'm not shitting on it), both games are kind of similar in level size and the whole battlefield feel to them, but this looks like it's on a completely different system, and Kojima claimed they maxed the PS3 out. It's also running much more solid, and at 720p apparently, which MGS4 missed on. It's an interesting comparison, because just after the E3 CG KZ2 trailer, we saw the TGS'05 MGS4 trailer, which was considerably beyond what they actually achieved.

The engine is dramatically different than what is used in most games ... parts of the engine's feature set was dictated by the artists (that's why there is tons of filtering we've never really seen before) ... the budget is insane. It's basically been given as much money as needed to pull off the graphics they want to do.

Raistlin

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i don't care about those publications or their numerical scores.

killzone 2 steps up while resistance 2 takes a fall. personally, i won't be wasting my hard earned cash on trash like resistance 2 when the real deal is only four months away.

My god, some of you are ridiculous.

Top Bottom