• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King Of Fighters XII To Be Shown At AOU 2008, Console Release In 2009 Hooooooooolyyy

Eiji

Art of Fighting 3 (1996) was certainly impressive with its large detailed sprite characters which had lots of animation. Looks like we are in for the same treat but in HD with KOFXII.

28annz7.gif
f2tzt0.gif
scfax4.gif

vgpykp.gif
jf7ofm.gif
2nsn8mr.gif

Souther

Banned
MoxManiac said:
The real bout PS2 collection is coming to the states in April, btw

Awesome.

Can't remember where i found it but a site had the "SNK Voice Collection #1-8" online for DL.....Ofcourse i grabbed #7 Ryuji Yamazaki since he rocks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
yeah, hopefully they bring back Yamazaki. even if he ends up being an unlockable for the console version.

Finaika

Man I'm totally digging the new look of the sprites. Even from the crappy quality video I can see details such as Kyo's arms' shadows casting on his jeans, the lighting effects etc. I like the Falcoon-ish baggy pants too. I can just taste the hi-def sprites nomnomnom

And the backgrounds ahhhhhhhhh so lively and the colours especially on that umbrella laden bg O_O

It still looks like it still has some work on it tho. Athena has practically no animation on her standing pose.

Now we begin the fun part of speculating who's returning back for this series. Man I can't wait to see Mai in her hi-def glory (if she's returning) :D I demand a direct video of this trailer asap... this low quality one doesn't do the game justice.

All hail the King!!!

Error said:
yeah, hopefully they bring back Yamazaki. even if he ends up being an unlockable for the console version.

Not sure if I would expect console only characters considering how much work it takes to make these new sprites. In the old games it was easy to throw in a character since they were using dirt old sprites.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It's not KOF XII so it has no place here.

It's Arc System's new upcoming fighter, continuing their heritage of making awesome sprites which animate like complete horseshit.

Atomspike

Eiji said:
Art of Fighting 3 (1996) was certainly impressive with its large detailed sprite characters which had lots of animation. Looks like we are in for the same treat but in HD with KOFXII.
f2tzt0.gif
ok , i'm making this my avatar.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So so so sorry.

Xater

dog$ said:
It's not KOF XII so it has no place here.

It's Arc System's new upcoming fighter, continuing their heritage of making awesome sprites which animate like complete horseshit.

So same team as Guilty Gear? Because that would make me excited for this game.

Is it just me or Ash looks more like a woman now? I could swear he had slender women like hips during the bit where he does the backflip kick thingie.

Ryu1999

Dali said:
Holy fucking shit. I couldn't see shit before, but this vid looks great. The animation in the backgrounds is amazing. How the hell could that Wired blogger think this was 3D?

Seriously, the game looks like Guilty Gear, but you know, with more than 2 frames of animation per character

I never got into King of Fighters before, the closest thing was Capcom Versus Snk 2....but holy crap this looks amazing!! :O

Prime crotch said:
Is it just me or Ash looks more like a woman now? I could swear he had slender women like hips during the bit where he does the backflip kick thingie.

The one with white hair and red suit in the beginning...that..that's a MAN?!!

Good god...

RyanDG

I hate this up/down relationship SNK Playmore puts me through!

Stop making me like you again SNK Playmore - it's so much easier when you cut corners, abuse the fans, and force feed Witch Touching games on us!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

That looks just crazy good. Is it just me, or do the shadows on the characters look real time? Like, self shadowing, etc? Are my eyes fucking with me? o_O

TreIII

RyanDG said:
I hate this up/down relationship SNK Playmore puts me through!

Stop making me like you again SNK Playmore - it's so much easier when you cut corners, abuse the fans, and force feed Witch Touching games on us!

But don't you see? The Pedo Touching games were necessary evils! Those funds are what are making it so we can get games like KOF XII! :lol :lol

Avalon

I have to admit, I found myself laughing at their line-up of games... nothing but ports. I'll definitely be picking up KOF98: Ultimate Match. Is it going to have any graphic improvements (Widescreen maybe?)?

Top Bottom