• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Well, I promise myself that I'll try to collect every set in the game, no matter what, but it might not be possible with the stash and inventory limit that game offers at the moment.

Guys, please tell me that further in the game I can get a bigger stash, I can stash only 155 items at the moment, is it really a max the game offers?

Why put so many crazy looking unique items and sets and so little space to stash them?

Curt I beg you, please give us some more stash space with patch or DLC, please.

lol, donut, you fucking hoarder. XD

So I found the Mercenary's armor in Uduath in Ettinmere, and found the boots in a chest in the same location. So is the easiest way to procure the rest of the equipment to simply beat up enemies in Ettinmere until they give me what I want?

sneaky77

I have been looking for a shop to increase my inventory but I haven't been able to find one that sales a bag or anything, which is the first town you can find it cause I am sure I have missed it by this pt

scy

...make sure to use as many %crit components you can (5% and higher would be ideal but there were times i used only 3-4% as they are hard to find, you won't get flawless 7% pieces till end game)

Kill Antelopes for early game. They drop a +5% Crit grip (if I recall; it's definitely +5% Crit, though) component pretty often. Even if they don't drop it all that often, it's not like killing them is all that hard.

My most used weapon was the Great Sword, which has huge range and damage plus three of the best ability attacks (the blocking guillotine, whirlwind, and my favorite the jump and smash down out of a dodge roll, i used that like hundreds of times).

Damn, that ability is half the reason I may end up with Longswords over Greatswords. I hate it :( Though, that was without RA use so I'll wait until then before I make my final decision.

Finally broke down last night and respecced to go full on Might. Dumped all my points into Blacksmithing and Sagecraft, too. Needless to say, I'm cranking out some pretty ridiculous weapons and gems. I'm only level 18, though. Can't even think of the ridiculous stuff I'll be able to craft once I get leveled up even more.

Hobbun

Has any information been given on what the two DLC (in March) will contain? I understand it’s rumored to be two new areas, and will somehow link to the upcoming MMO. But any specific information on what new upgrades the DLC’s may have (if any)?

I have been looking for a shop to increase my inventory but I haven't been able to find one that sales a bag or anything, which is the first town you can find it cause I am sure I have missed it by this pt

Gorhart. The very first town you come to. There's also one in Mel Senshir. Rathir. Adessa. Probably more that I've missed or forgot. I'm up to 110 bag slots.

Damn, that ability is half the reason I may end up with Longswords over Greatswords. I hate it :( Though, that was without RA use so I'll wait until then before I make my final decision.
Wow I love it. Maybe you're using it wrong because it's incredibly effective for me, both damage-wise and CC. You can easily get multiple enemies in it too.

scy

Gorhart. The very first town you come to. There's also one in Mel Senshir. Rathir. Adessa. Probably more that I've missed or forgot. I'm up to 110 bag slots.

It's
Gorhart, Ysa, Rathir, Adessa, and Mel Senshir

Wow I love it. Maybe you're using it wrong because it's incredibly effective for me, both damage-wise and CC. You can easily get multiple enemies in it too.

I didn't play with it for too long since I dumbed and overwrote my file shortly after getting it. It never felt like a better option than my normal dodge->swing setup, though, even with the pseduo-launcher property and area of effect. Like I said though, I didn't try it with Relentless Assault or really give it a long amount of time, just a single dungeon clear.

ironcreed

Banned
Did the battle for Mel Senshir last night and was hoping for a bit more from Balor. He was easier than a Niskaru Tyrant. Great lead-in to the battle, though. Still loving the game and am going to go on ahead with the main quest and save the rest for afterwards.

Holy crap, this post is like 100% the exact opposite of how I feel about Chakrams.

Chakrams are awesome especially once you can craft your own and activate the blink pop up move. ;)

I'm rockin' a pure Mage build on hard and have absolutely NO issue with being able to only map 4 abilities.

Summon Faer Gorta(with health siphon), Meteor, Charged Ice, and Charged Lightning = profit.
The Sphere of Protection and the Heal magics aren't very useful/necessary for a pure mage build because I've found that specific build is best suited for ranged battle.

sneaky77

Thank you sir. Then yes I totally missed it, probably cause I didn't know about it when I hit the first town lol.

BrettWeir

These are my two favorite Faeblades I have found:

i5rdRBkmmU4td.jpg

iXpnJJkohVSV7.jpg

Fully crafted OP gear, level 40.

Duallusion

Who's asking each and every questgiver that "blue question mark" question just so it's not blue anymore, even though they always just repeat what they've already said and even though that info is already noted in the quest menu? Me, that's who. :/

8 hours in and I still can't decide which weapon I prefer. I like them all, damnit!

Can't stop playing... O_O

Pretty sure it was there? Southeast of the town, same map portion I believe? I may have flubbed the name.

Are we talking the besieged village in Webwood? Maybe I'm flubbing names, here. Just asking because I thought I explored 100% of Webwood.

I'm currently trying to decide whether I should use mage robes with rogue gloves and boots for my Arcanist soon-to-be-Shadowcaster, or if I should stick with pure rogue armor with the occasional mage glove or boot. I really like the way some mage robes look paired with rogue armor - it really accentuates the magical assassin vibe I'm going for with my character.

Who's asking each and every questgiver that "blue question mark" question just so it's not blue anymore, even though they always just repeat what they've already said and even though that info is already noted in the quest menu? Me, that's who. :/

8 hours in and I still can't decide which weapon I prefer. I like them all, damnit!

Can't stop playing... O_O
Hah, me! I feel compelled to get every line of dialogue out of every NPC I meet. I know they're going to tell me the same thing they did before...but it'll be differently worded this time!

Finished the Main Quest at ~115hrs and I still have so much to do.

I found a purple chest armor called Conqueror's something, it has more armor and durability than my mastercrafted Prismere and has buffs for +20% health per hit, +15% chance to steal health per hit, and +80 health, or some ridiculous combination like that.

I definitely agree that we need more Stash room, I'm filled up and I've only completed 2 or 3 sets; I've also already sold all the weapons I don't use (daggers, scepters, faeblades, staves) and even a few of the cool-looking ones I did use but have lousy stats.

I want to have it all!

Kevtones

Are we talking the besieged village in Webwood? Maybe I'm flubbing names, here. Just asking because I thought I explored 100%

I could be wrong but I swear it's on the bottom right of the area. I got the gloves in the chest, maybe it was Didellion or whatever? It was late last night.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Without getting into any type of system wars battle, what's the best system to play this on? PC or console?

Question for folks ahead of me in level:

a) Do you ever get the ability to craft weapons/armor with a higher durability rating? I'm getting sick of making stuff with 24-26 durability and having to repair them all the time.

So I picked this up but haven't had a chance to play. Any suggestions for starting? I know some games can really fuck you out of the gate if you make a wrong turn. Does this work that way?

Without getting into any type of system wars battle, what's the best system to play this on? PC or console?

PC with a controller. Or without if you want access to all 9 hotkey abilities. I play on PS3. I haven't heard any major complaints from any platforms, really. One of the tidiest, smoothest running games I've played in a while.

So I picked this up but haven't had a chance to play. Any suggestions for starting? I know some games can really fuck you out of the gate if you make a wrong turn. Does this work that way?
Just don't get overwhelmed. You won't get fucked over by anything other than your own quavering indecision over where to go next, what quest to do, etc. I suggest stumbling around for a while, trying out a few different playstyles, and then maybe just restarting after you get a good grasp of the immediate area. Makes exploration a little less daunting.

This is not the hardcore RPG you think it is. You think this is a rare Camembert but really it's a slice of Velveeta.

Edit: Not that it's a bad thing. I love me some Velveeta. I also really like the game. It's just super forgiving for whatever decisions you make.

Nista

He's speaking figuratively

Actually the NPC missing the hand is sitting at the other table in that tavern. I get the feeling the models got swapped by accident.

Got my first "stuck in a wall after a fateshift kill" bug on a Niskaru Tyrant last night. To add insult to injury, the game autosaved as soon as I got stuck. I quit playing for the night. :p

Jrmint

I just got to Detyre and went to where it said House of Valor on the map, but that just took me to Ironfast Keep. Where exactly am I supposed to go to start their chain?

I just got to Detyre and went to where it said House of Valor on the map, but that just took me to Ironfast Keep. Where exactly am I supposed to go to start their chain?

You can access the House of Valor from Alserund, Detyre. If you've been in this area before you can fast travel to Fellfire Pit and just go east from there. Below is a picture of the area, character market shows the entrance to the House of Valor.

6893225767_8b31cae4aa_z.jpg

So I found the Mercenary's armor in Uduath in Ettinmere, and found the boots in a chest in the same location. So is the easiest way to procure the rest of the equipment to simply beat up enemies in Ettinmere until they give me what I want?

That is correct, although you can also farm this set in Sidhe and Haxhi, I found all the pieces in those two locations.

Awesome, thanks. In your experience, do rare items drops more often in dungeons, or out in the field? Does it matter?

It's just luck mate, you have the same chances of getting rare items in the dungeons as in the fields. When I farm, I always clear the field first, then all the dungeons in that area. If nothing drops I move to next area and do the same then I go back to the house, sleep for 48 hours and so on.

1stStrike

Banned
If you want purples, loot everything. I've gotten some rare drops off some pretty ridiculous places.

Like, "Oh, a weapon rack. That's going to have shit as usual." *gets a bad ass set of daggers*

Or even a pile of rocks.

Detect hidden should be pretty much maxed out. Some rare armor/weapons are behind hidden doors later in the game, both in the open world and in dungeons, and you'll need detect hidden to find them.

If you haven't been upping detect hidden, then you've probably missed out on most of the best loot in the game.

If you want purples, loot everything. I've gotten some rare drops off some pretty ridiculous places.

Like, "Oh, a weapon rack. That's going to have shit as usual." *gets a bad ass set of daggers*

Or even a pile of rocks.

Detect hidden should be pretty much maxed out. Some rare armor/weapons are behind hidden doors later in the game, both in the open world and in dungeons, and you'll need detect hidden to find them.

If you haven't been upping detect hidden, then you've probably missed out on most of the best loot in the game.

Again, it's just luck, I didn't get much good stuff from the hidden doors and other hidden places so far, but then I get a awesome drop from a boggart :D I even got two set pieces from my own mine in Detyre :D, but yeah, it's good to have a high detect hidden skill, at least till the point, where you can see hidden doors. It always give you more places to look for the stuff ;)

1stStrike

Banned
Again, it's just luck, I didn't get much good stuff from the hidden doors and other hidden places so far, but then I get a awesome drop from a boggart :D I even got two set pieces from my own mine in Detyre :D, but yeah, it's good to have a high detect hidden skill, at least till the point, where you can see hidden doors. It always give you more places to look for the stuff ;)

Right, but if you loot everything then your chances of getting rare shit go way up :p

Also, being able to get into those secret areas gets you more loot. I even found one behind a wall out in the open that contained a gold piece of armor that was part of a set.

So, yeah. Detect hidden ftw.

Nista

The mine was a little disappointing to me. Cool idea in theory, but having mining carts full of armor and flowers to loot dampened my suspension of disbelief. Guess we are digging up ancient civilizations instead of mining for ore or even shards.

I would have rather gotten a supply of scaled blacksmithing components or shards instead of just gold from the foreman. Last thing I need at that level is MORE GOLD.

scy

Hidden Door -> Very Hard dispel -> Very Hard lock -> 1x Lockpick

Random unlocked container inside abandoned house -> 1x Unique, 1x Set

:|

Zeth

Friend told me he got really good weapon mats at house or valor but I don't think I have an online pass and I'm pissed.

Can anyone tell me a place where vendors sell good mats for crafting? I'm level 20 and just fought a battle for Mal Senshir.

1stStrike

Banned
Hidden Door -> Very Hard dispel -> Very Hard lock -> 1x Lockpick

Random unlocked container inside abandoned house -> 1x Unique, 1x Set

:|

It always cracks me up when I break open a chest only to find lock picks in it. I'm not sure if they're just trying to be funny, or what. :{

scy

It always cracks me up when I break open a chest only to find lock picks in it. I'm not sure if they're just trying to be funny, or what. :{

I think that's half the brilliance behind the Lockpicking tree. Skip the mini-game so you spent no time to be underwhelmed by the single Lockpick chest!

Top Bottom