• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest |OT| Heir to Stay?

Arkeband

Banned
Embargoed. Sorry man. But I do pretty in depth reviews, gfx, sound, music, voice, gameplay, funfactor. I will try to get it all.

Okay, this is what you're going to do. The moment you accidentally die to something and then the game mocks you for it with a pun, say something like "Mashed Potatoes" and we'll all go pre-order it.

very interested in this but looks like a TellTale style janky game...hoping its not.

Here's a quote from an interview I posted a link to earlier in the thread:

In the current Telltale-dominated adventure genre, King’s Quest seems like a course correction. As amazing as Telltale’s games can be, they often rely entirely on the strength of their stories and lack engaging gameplay. King’s Quest seems like a perfect blend of Telltale’s modern narrative sensibilities with the problem solving and hijinks of the adventure games popularized by Sierra.

We'll have to wait a bit more to see how true that is but it has me optimistic.

Karak

Okay, this is what you're going to do. The moment you accidentally die to something and then the game mocks you for it with a pun, say something like "Mashed Potatoes" and we'll all go pre-order it.
Hahaha. That caught me by surprise.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Here's a quote from an interview I posted a link to earlier in the thread:

In the current Telltale-dominated adventure genre, King’s Quest seems like a course correction. As amazing as Telltale’s games can be, they often rely entirely on the strength of their stories and lack engaging gameplay. King’s Quest seems like a perfect blend of Telltale’s modern narrative sensibilities with the problem solving and hijinks of the adventure games popularized by Sierra.

We'll have to wait a bit more to see how true that is but it has me optimistic.

I deeply hope this ends up being true.

mauaus

i am on a telltale binge, just caught up with GoT and started TotBorderlands, i am ready to impulse buy this as soon as someone confirms its good :D

BlackRock

Will wait for reviews to find out if it is worthy of the original series namesake or just a cheap cash in. I'll bite if it gets solid reviews from fans of the old games.

Cleve

Already preordered on XBone. Can´t wait for tomorrow!!! I think i´m gonna cry at the intro!!!

I mean we know it's gonna be super nostalgic and probably open with a rendition of greensleeves, I just hope the game is amazing. I can't help but feel like someone's playing hand puppets with the rotting corpse of Sierra.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Will wait for reviews to find out if it is worthy of the original series namesake or just a cheap cash in. I'll bite if it gets solid reviews from fans of the old games.

Yea I'm waiting on the old curmudgeon neckbeard crowd to chime in before I get this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any word if there's a retail version coming for the PS4?

Humdinger

Looking forward to it. I didn't play the earlier games, but I like what I've seen so far. Beautiful art style, comedic elements, quality voice acting, emphasis on story and maybe a little more interactivity than your average Telltale game.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Sigh, I was going to wait but the nostalgia got the best of me! So since I can't play LiS until tomorrow (Stores, Sony, how do they work?) I'll spend some time with this tonight.

I'm in.

Slaythe

my preload unlocks in 47 minutes & I'm ready to check it out

reviewers got it earlier, not sure when the embargo drops

Awesome ! On steam it's like 17 hours D: .

Feel free to give us first impressions, graphics, music, writing :D . And if this has any choices you can make :x . Thank you.

kamineko

Feel free to give us first impressions, graphics, music, writing :D . And if this has any choices you can make :x . Thank you.

Sure, I'll give some impressions. No problem!

jakomocha

I'm really excited for this game even though the King's Quest games were before my times. 2015 has been a really great year for episodic games (LiS, TftB, Republique, etc.) and also episodic gaming has produced some of my favorite gaming experiences (TWD is one of my favorite games ever).

They already have spoken about how the game has choices. Here's an interesting quote from the creative director of the game in the article:
Digital Spy said:
"Besides the moment to moment, your decisions affect how the legend of King Graham is going to be remembered - is he going to be remembered as Graham the wise, Graham the soft of heart, or Graham the brave?"

Tizoc

It's the 28th now on the east cost.

Hmm in that case I'd still suggest waiting a few hours, it's likely the full unlock won't go up until US PS Store is updated.
Heck on Steam it shows that the game unlocks in 13 hours so maybe that applies to the PSN ver. as well?

Hmm in that case I'd still suggest waiting a few hours, it's likely the full unlock won't go up until US PS Store is updated.
Heck on Steam it shows that the game unlocks in 13 hours so maybe that applies to the PSN ver. as well?

Yeah, it might need to be the 28th on the west coast as well. I'm not really sure how that stuff works on the PS4.

kamineko

How could you be so bad at this, Sony

HOW

jDTSDG.gif

Top Bottom