• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima responds to the criticism of Quiet in MGSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shtof

Already ashamed, and I didn't even say anything. How anyone can distrust Kojima at this point is beyond me.

Soulflarz

Banned
Gonna agree to "yeah he set a trap and sprung it"

'Lets make a hot character, make it so everyone and their best friends would remark, then say shame on you for remarking because you dont have background info because we knew this would happen so we chose not to give it'

If that makes sense

ezekial45

Banned
Good to hear. I never saw any issues with the character, as context is everything (which we have almost none of).

So I'm very much looking forward to seeing what her story is.

Salex

Banned
You people will be proven wrong.
tumblr_mked5az4uA1qe9j8vo1_r1_500.gif

Sojgat

Whatevs Kojima.

I know he loves all this teasing/provoking crap, but I just hope he's putting as much effort into actually making a good game this time.

MechaX

Either Kojima is going to come up with something really silly and hamfisted, or Quiet will be transgendered. I actually can't think of any Metal Gear character that was transgendered, so Kojima still has that to tackle.

Edit: Yeah, I'm expecting Kaine 2.0 now. Watch Quiet's reluctance to talk is because she still has a masculine voice.

"I know there's people concerning about "Quiet" but don't worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. "Quiet" who doesn't have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds."

I really hope he's not talking about the torture scene in the trailer. I really hope that's not his defense. Or some octocamo bullshit.

But for Kojima, I'm wiling to give him a chance with this. Maybe he has a really good explanation and she's a great character. I'm doubtful, though.

Shogun1337

Kojima and Gabe Newell are in an entirely different realm of video game understanding, so if you're offended by something he's done or think he should do differently, don't bother. Just... stop.

I didn't comment in that thread because, while I think Kojima is kinda lame, he's also very deliberate and whatever he does will have a specific reason for it.

We know why .. she has skin camo abilities. some people just want to ignore that because of some cause.

Just like how The End was wearing a thong with ripped tights too? Maybe don't tell others that they're ignoring details in future.

I'm really looking forward to learning of why she's dressed like a half naked hooker.

Whompa

Just as a reminder, Kojima had these as an unlockable in his last game

And there's a photo session with Naomi, Mei Ling, and others in MGS1, A photo session in MGS4 with the B&B squad, and You can hit L1 multiple times in MGS3 to look at Eva's tits, among countless other times where you can look at people.

What's your point? A

It would be neat if the context of the whole scenario ended up being a mighty heaping of humbling for the keyboard warriors who are more concerned with establishing their moral code and high horse than actually evaluating what is in the game, but I suspect Kojima doesn't have the storytelling chops to pull it off.

Hindle

Banned
I asked this in the other thread but here is maybe better.

What do the women on Gaf think of the character Quiet? Is the way she's dressed offensive to you?

And there's a photo session with Naomi, Mei Ling, and others in MGS1, A photo session in MGS4 with the B&B squad, and You can hit L1 multiple times in MGS3 to look at Eva's tits, among countless other times where you can look at people.

What's your point? A

My point is proven even more with your post that Kojima doesn't really depict women very well in his games. MGS4 and Peace Walker took it too far though.

Imm0rt4l

Ah, so we have to know her tragic backstory to understand why she dresses like that. That'll probably go as well as those "let me tell you a long boring story about these B&B girls you just killed" Drebin scenes

"Laughing Badger watched her whole family killed by badgers. She still hears the screams of the badgers in her sleep, badgering her mind. The evil badger spirit lives on in her, consume by rage, where all she can do is laugh. She also has to dress in very tight outfits and we got sexy official 3D renders because badgers killed her whole family."

This is better than all of the bnb backstories.

Kinyou

I know there's people concerning about "Quiet" but don't worry. I created her character as an antithesis to the women characters appeared in the past fighting game who are excessively exposed. "Quiet" who doesn't have a word will be teased in the story as well. But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds.
Deeds? What dee-
...ohhh

Just as a reminder, Kojima had these as an unlockable in his last game:
You forgot someone

tumblr_mght6evj5g1qawcbshp.gif

sam27368

Banned
I thought her image was so that he could fap over cosplayers, back pedalling Kojima is hilarious. I am full of evil deeds and I already feel shame for buying MGS4

Ah, so we have to know her tragic backstory to understand why she dresses like that. That'll probably go as well as those "let me tell you a long boring story about these B&B girls you just killed" Drebin scenes

"Laughing Badger watched her whole family killed by badgers. She still hears the screams of the badgers in her sleep, badgering her mind. The evil badger spirit lives on in her, consume by rage, where all she can do is laugh. She also has to dress in very tight outfits and we got sexy official 3D renders because badgers killed her whole family."

I'm dying here

I hope it'll just be a big red banner telling journalists to fuck off from their self-righteous preliminary judging of character designs and that they'll listen to it.

Shogun1337

I asked this in the other thread but here is maybe better.

What do the women on Gaf think of the character Quiet? Is the way she's dressed offensive to you?

Of course it isn't offensive. Because I'm not a 16 year old virgin. And because I'm not looking to troll. I guess it has people talking about MGSV more now, so... eh it's a win win.

Whompa

My point is proven even more with your post that Kojima doesn't really depict women very well in his games. MGS4 and Peace Walker took it too far though.

Sorry, I'm not Solid Snake, or Raiden, or any male action star in Kojima's games either. You know why? It's fiction. He does what he wants.

kmax

I think Kojima just need to chill a bit and stop commenting about the reasons for "Quiet's"' inception. She is who she is, let the game explain her traits instead.

pixlexic

Banned
Just like how The End was wearing a thong with ripped tights too? Maybe don't tell others that they're ignoring details in future.

I'm really looking forward to learning of why she's dressed like a half naked hooker.

So a woman wearing a bikini top in the desert looks like a hooker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom