• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kratos confirmed for MK and 10 more characters

Eh. Maybe? I mean, it's not a bad idea, but I dunno if I'm too crazy about so quickly adding cameos when you're trying to bring the series back from the dead.

-Eddman-

The 360 exclusive should be Kinect support... :lol

A KI character would be great to "test waters" for a possible sequel. Fulgore or Jago would work in the MK universe.

AAK

Phoenix Fang said:
A Mortal Kombat reject design in a Mortal Kombat game. Seems about right.

Sorry chief, but the design team at Sony Santa Monica are the top of the line. All of the character design in the God of War games have been exceptional.

The 360 version should get Baldur.

It would be worth it just to hear him follow up a fatality with "I am gifted with a great many things, wench!"

GhaleonQ

AAK said:
Sorry chief, but the design team at Sony Santa Monica are the top of the line. All of the character design in the God of War games have been exceptional.

Even Kratos? I appreciate their character designs (they're the only art in the series I think carries the "modern myth channeled through American superhero comics"), but Kratos seems like the obvious nadir. Kratos' look didn't work for Quan Chi, either.

AAK said:

:lol

I hope you were being sarcastic.

EDIT:
Although Poseidon boss battle in God of War 3 was one of the best designs I've seen in a game. It's not the best but it is one of the best.

AAK

The whole Ghost of Sparta angle they did for him in the backstory, and along with his deranged, psychotic view of retribution, that design fits him absolutely perfectly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AAK said:
The whole Ghost of Sparta angle they did for him in the backstory, and along with his deranged, psychotic view of retribution, that design fits him absolutely perfectly.

If they're talking about his visual design then none of that really matters.

AAK

EatChildren said:
If they're talking about his visual design then none of that really matters.

The visual design complements his background and personality, that's all I'm saying. I wouldn't imagine Kratos any other way.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AAK said:
The visual design complements his background and personality, that's all I'm saying. I wouldn't imagine Kratos any other way.

Sure, but it still has nothing to do with his visual design, if that is what they are referring to by "Mortal Kombat reject design".

StuBurns

Banned
I'm guessing only the PS3 version? It'd be cool if he was in the 360 SKU too.

He was a great fit for SoulCalibur, a lot of fun to play too.

Synless

StuBurns said:
I'm guessing only the PS3 version? It'd be cool if he was in the 360 SKU too.

He was a great fit for SoulCalibur, a lot of fun to play too.
You know damn well he would never be in the 360 version. Even your dreams won't allow it.

Alx

PSGames said:
I wonder what Xbox related character would even fit though?

Your own avatar !!!

Maybe not a great idea for MK with all the gore and everything, but it would be a nice feature in most fighting games, even if the styles don't match. I would gladly kick Akira's ass with my cartoon self. :)

StuBurns

Banned
CrushDance said:
Oh come on.:lol
I don't expect it to happen, but I think it'd be cool. The first parties don't have to be such pissy little twats. It always feels novelty when there are exclusive guest characters. Kratos in SCPSP felt really natural to me.

Kyoufu

StuBurns said:
I don't expect it to happen, but I think it'd be cool. The first parties don't have to be such pissy little twats. It always feels novelty when there are exclusive guest characters. Kratos in SCPSP felt really natural to me.

That is like putting Mario on a Sega console. Keep dreaming!

I'd love to have DLC that takes Quan Chi out of the game. I would suspect that the 360 version will get a non-Microsoft character, similar to Spawn being in SoulCaliber2. I just can't see characters from their strongest IP being decapitated and eviscerated.

My pick: Splosion Man.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
StuBurns said:

Sony used to allow their games to be on other systems in the old glory days (I have Lemmings and Wipeout for my Saturn) but Sony not that cool anymore.

I think Kratos on 360 sku of MK will not hurt Sony/PS3 at all anyway , hell maybe even some 360 MK players will buy PS3 for GOW series if they liked Kratos in the game , but That Will never happen.

smik

looking forward to this, havent really played a MK game through since ultimate/trilogy mk3 on the ps1 days

OK

Sub Zero , Scorpion and Reptile are great core characters and they each compliment each other but i think that Ermac, Smoke and Noob saibot have always been overkill.

adelante said:
Not that I can see him ripping other people's heads off but yeah, someone from KI would be a better fit:

IN2E6.jpg

That's not the Master Chief.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Almost all of those characters are disappointing.

One of the reasons why MK got less popular is because they bought into their own shit about the mythology being important and about adding 999999 new characters was important. So far 2011 has looked very restrained, but this latest character/feature list suggests we're one release dump away from finding out they've readded go-karts.

:/

Stumpokapow said:
Almost all of those characters are disappointing.

One of the reasons why MK got less popular is because they bought into their own shit about the mythology being important and about adding 999999 new characters was important. So far 2011 has looked very restrained, but this latest character/feature list suggests we're one release dump away from finding out they've readded go-karts.

:/

They already did that.

EDIT: Reading comprehension fail. :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mhmhm i dont like it.
Now the other console version will have their own exclusive characters creating some roster problems for tournament play.
I gues Kratos and Master Chief will be banned from tourneys.

tl;dr: Console exclusive characters are not good for competitive fighting games. (Same as DLC characters, yeah i went there)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fersis said:
mhmhm i dont like it.
Now the other console version will have their own exclusive characters creating some roster problems for tournament play.
I gues Kratos and Master Chief will be banned from tourneys.

tl;dr: Console exclusive characters are not good for competitive fighting games. (Same as DLC characters, yeah i went there)

Yeah, if this game ends up getting play on tournament circuits, I imagine console exclusive characters will be banned.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lost Fragment said:
Yeah, if this game ends up getting play on tournament circuits, I imagine console exclusive characters will be banned.
As i said many times i want to see Daigo pulling a fatality on Justin Wong on EVO 2011!

Crowd : USA USA USA USA !
* Daigo (Sub Zero) rips Wong (Cage) head off *
Crowd : :0

But yeah it would be nice to have MK and KOF XIII on Evo11.

Lost Fragment said:
Darth Vader wasn't banned at the last SCIV major I saw. Then again, technically he became DLC for the xbox version eventually.

Top Bottom