• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kratos confirmed for MK and 10 more characters

Xenon

Bad_Boy said:
A gears character would be the only one that would remotely fit if 360 has a character. Those guys are huge, but not bigger than goro.

Not true the most violent and brutal 360 exclusive is
viva pinata
. Besides Gears is Epic's anyway.

DaBuddaDa

Baldur from Too Human would be the best Xbox 360 exclusive fit...but we know that ain't happening.

Maybe a Crackdown Agent?

LosDaddie

Banned
Good choice with Kratos. He fits in the roster perfectly.

I can't see anyone other than someone from Halo (Spartan or Elite) or Gears for the X360.

adelante said:
I was implying having him is not beyond possibility given the example (of having a spartan in a fighting game)

And you would've hoped that was obvious enough.

shuri

Banned
A malfunctioning, glitchy spartan would be an interesting addition to the cast. He could look very very old, battle worn, with pieces of the armor missing, the human inside him having gone mad from the pain/exposure to hazards. They could explain him by the fact that he was thrown into the outworld by a portal after an experiment by human scientists on teleportation gone horribly wrong

spanks

A Killer Instinct character for 360 would be awesome, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Probably the only chance we'll ever have of seeing the likes of Jago or Fulgore in 3d... ever.

Kabal is in the game? Time to spam the fuck out of his dash move, upper cut, dash move again, jump over reverse kick, dash move, rinse and repeat. :lol

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Kabal is in the game? Time to spam the fuck out of his dash move, upper cut, dash move again, jump over reverse kick, dash move, rinse and repeat. :lol
you forgot to air fireball

spanks said:
A Killer Instinct character for 360 would be awesome, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Probably the only chance we'll ever have of seeing the likes of Jago or Fulgore in 3d... ever.

FUUULGORE!!!

LM4sure

Banned
amtentori said:
ps3 only im guessing? :p the new characters all sound good.

Yeah, but I'd bet that the 360 version will have an exclusive character as well. No idea who it would be though

GatorBait

Damn! I wonder if online is going to be flooded with people playing as Kratos? I may have to begrudgingly jump on that bandwagon and use him as one of my mains since GoW is one of favorite series. I always wanted to play as Kratos in a 2D fighter.

Also, what classic (MK1 - UMK3) characters are still missing from the confirmed/semi-confirmed roster? Off the top of my head: Liu Kang and Kano. I assume we can count on Raiden being in it since he is already on the website.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
spanks said:
*High Five, but sadly I only have ps3. Kratos fits so perfectly for this though.

If Boon can somehow tighten up the hit-detection and make the combat flow alot smoother this game could actually be good. Ill buy it regardless cause Im a sucker for MK. :D

dankir

Hells Yeah!! I hope they get creative with Blade of Chaos for the fatalities, I'm sure they'll be decapitations and the usual.

But how about exploding an opponent with a punch from the Nemean Cestus?

or

Calling on Atlas or one of the titans to fuck shit up!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Thread title needs to be updated to "Kratos konfirmed as a kameo for MK and 10 more kharacters

Anyanka

GatorBait said:
Also, what classic (MK1 - UMK3) characters are still missing from the confirmed/semi-confirmed roster? Off the top of my head: Liu Kang and Kano. I assume we can count on Raiden being in it since he is already on the website.

Liu Kang, Kano, Baraka, Sheeva, Jade. Rain(sort of). Kintaro & Motaro.

Ruas

Banned
Kyoufu said:
FINISH HIM!

Actually I was just subtly trying to prove a point about how stupid it is to purposely misspell sonic colors as "sonic colours". Yes,I know its an alternate spelling of the word, regardless, that spelling wasnt chosen by the developers.So therein lies my analogy by misspelling mortal kombat as "mortal combat" .

KAL2006

Banned
I remember HipHopGamer asked Ed Boon if Kratos can be on MK9. And Ed Boon said he will see if he can make that happen, it depends.

EDIT: For 360, I think Marcus from Gears will be a good fit. Chainsaw fatalities would be crazy.

Stumpokapow said:
Almost all of those characters are disappointing.

One of the reasons why MK got less popular is because they bought into their own shit about the mythology being important and about adding 999999 new characters was important. So far 2011 has looked very restrained, but this latest character/feature list suggests we're one release dump away from finding out they've readded go-karts.

:/

I don't think the amount of characters had anything to do with the "downfall" of MK, it just lost respect amongst the hardcore games because it started playing like shit post UMK3.

Also I'm not sure why you're finding this disappointing, it's been said over and over the majority of the MK3 cast would be returning, and given the size of the roster how did you not expect this?

Kratos is an ass move however, nobody wins with the addition of console specific characters.

NewLib

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
I don't think the amount of characters had anything to do with the "downfall" of MK, it just lost respect amongst the hardcore games because it started playing like shit post UMK3.

Also I'm not sure why you're finding this disappointing, it's been said over and over the majority of the MK3 cast would be returning, and given the size of the roster how did you not expect this?

Kratos is an ass move however, nobody wins with the addition of console specific characters.

The game is basically a retelling of MK 1-3 so no one should be surprised that most of those characters are returning. And Quan Chi is really the only post MK3 character that is really important to the overall fiction.

I have no problem with Kratos as he is not going to be inserted weirdly into the story like Soul Calibur kept trying to do with its guest characters. Its basically, "Hey if you want to play with Kratos in a MK game, here you go."

Yousefb said:
Why doesn't have Shao Khan have a deep menacing voice anymore? He sounds so laame
The voice actor used to work for Midway. Dunno why they don't get him again to do all the announcing voices as well as Kahn.

GatorBait

Anyanka said:
Liu Kang, Kano, Baraka, Sheeva, Jade. Rain(sort of). Kintaro & Motaro.
Thanks.

Sounds like the major ones missing are Liu Kang, Kano, Raiden (kinda, since not shown in gameplay), and Baraka. I'm guessing Sheeva, Jade, Rain, and Kintaro/Motaro won't be included this time around.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Some would say that PS3 owners win. :lol

That is, if the 360 doesn't have an exclusive character. If it does, both sides kinda win and lose at the same time.

KAL2006

Banned
I really hope Liu Kang (which is likely), Kano, Motaro, Kenshi and Baraka also get confirmed. those are the characters that haven't been leaked or confirmed so far that I care about.

360 ver?
6fuk91.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Spirit of Jazz said:

I liked Mortal Kombat. I liked Mortal Kombat 2. I liked Mortal Kombat 3 a little less. I didn't like any game after that. MK 2011 was supposed to be a recognition that there are many people out there like me--people who want them to remove all of the content, get back to basics, and make those basics enjoyable and well presented. Or at least that's how I read it.

Without getting in to which specific characters I like or don't like, in general, announcements about how "tons of old stuff is back" concern me. I'd be happier if they announced 10 characters that weren't in the game as a way of proving the point that they're moving away from character roster and bought-into-their-own-bullshit canon garbage.

Shaneus

PSGames said:
That list looks great! I hope this is far better than the MK vs DC abomination.

I wonder what Xbox related character would even fit though?

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Here's the order I played MK titles:

MK1, MK3, UMK3, MK2, MK Trilogy.

MK3 is my favorite of them all, with MK2 being the one I had most fun with (especially when cheatcode was unlocked).

Man oh man, the thought of a KI character in the 360 version has my hyped!! I shall get let down though, as usual.

I would take Cinder.

I would take a robot bmx ninja in a Spartan like armor suite as well, heh.

Top Bottom