• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

syko de4d

was already posted on page 3

s6srK9K.jpg

sn00zer

No idea why cboat does this stuff...Im glad he does but there is a ton of risk for 0 reward for him...and once he gets found out...he is going to be blacklisted HARD

Reminds of f the Surfergirl saga

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Very interested in Source 2, barely interested in L4D3. Not sure why the reception to it would be any different than the reception for L4D2, but it's still too much L4D in too short a period of time for me.

Gurish

How can it be that no big mainstream gaming site have reported this leak yet? Are they trying to verify the information?
I wants to hear Valve's response :)

jediyoshi

Very interested in Source 2, barely interested in L4D3. Not sure why the reception to it would be any different than the reception for L4D2, but it's still too much L4D in too short a period of time for me.

Left 4 Dead -> Left 4 Dead 2 = A year
Left 4 Dead 2 -> now = Pushing 3 years

He might actually be trying to throw people off...

yep, cboat is too careful. he cropped it that way deliberately.

That said, he did go to Gamescom and, perhaps most tellingly of all, he's a big fan of emoticons (a sure fire way to spot a German on the internet).

Jira

I hope all that debris on the ground has physics applied to it; I'm praying physics is an integral part to Source 2(and I'm not talking about crappy Havok physics like in HL2). I'm really hoping Valve delivers on some new tech like they did with facial animations in their first Source engine.

You're aware that at the time in 2004, Havok was the most impressive physics engine in all of gaming right? They'll do the same thing again.

andycapps

How can it be that no big mainstream gaming site have reported this leak yet? Are they trying to verify the information?
I wants to hear Valve's response :)

No news media will be quoting CBOAT due to him being anonymous and posting in the way that he does. The ironic thing is that the verification process that he goes through with mods is likely more stringent than the vetting process most media outlets place on stories before they run them (with exceptions).

vazel

Banned
You're aware that at the time in 2004, Havok was the most impressive physics engine in all of gaming right? They'll do the same thing again.
I suppose. I just found the emphasis on the gravity gun really annoying in HL2. I hope there's dynamic destructibility this time with GPGPU accelerated physics.

Gurish

No news media will be quoting CBOAT due to him being anonymous and posting in the way that he does. The ironic thing is that the verification process that he goes through with mods is likely more stringent than the vetting process most media outlets place on stories before they run them (with exceptions).
It's still surprising that this image hadn't showed up anywhere, it's only fucking Source 2!

Is this what the latest Dota 2 blog post is a out? I thought it was just gonna be a spring themed map but there's all that stuff about "coming renewal to the world of Dota."

CBOAT changed his(?) system language to German to throw you all off the trail and you all fell for it :p

screenshot from a german friend/colleague/lover

Unless Valve are going PC exclusive, there's no reason to think it won't be on PS4.

Source2 coded to the metal. No DirectX bottleneck.

isn't this just a presentation for Source 2.0 the last slide in that leak sure looks like it. Its talking about dev tools and stuff for the engine. Besides isnt that just levels from L4D2 redone in S2.0??

I don't understand why you guys would think otherwise?

I mean I trust CBOAT with my life but I don't see it here.

yeah, it's a source 2 glimpse with one redone L4D2 map. no L4D3 hype incoming, but nice to see first source 2 screens...

thfuck is wron with yu

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom