• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no idea this was a Cboat thread until just now. Someone linked that Schizophrenic's blog, MisterXmedia on r/xboxone. Don't know what the hell happened but apparently someone tried to out Cboat? Jesus, if a random Gaffer can potentially do that, I hope Cboat learns from this and covers his tracks better..
I would imagine he would just stop leaking.

If it comes down to his professional life being compromised or giving leaks with no compensation to GAF, it's not hard to figure out what he would (and should) do.

Syf

Banned
So much misinformation flying around right now about this thread and cboat. Hope it doesn't make him stop leaking. This is why we can't have nice things.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you want to see the videogame version of ancient aliens/illuminati conspiracy theorists, check twitter (and xbox one subreddit). lol.

Just to clarify this; one of our users noticed that CBOAT's image had metadata which he used to find the original source of the image. The original source of the image was another NeoGAF user's dropbox. This does not "prove" who CBOAT is, what it demonstrates is who sent the image to CBOAT--or who sent the image to someone who sent it to someone etc who sent it to CBOAT. Why on earth would someone PM himself an image he already had? This is not rocket science. In addition, the CBOAT account well predates my own time on GAF and also predates the identified user's account by a period of 7 years. It doesn't even add up on a basic level.

In addition, the blog claims that the user in question is a moderator. You are able to verify that information yourself. Check the forum staff page. Check the colour of the user's username. The user in question is not a moderator. Edit: Since I was asked followup here; The user in question was never a moderator, and I have no idea why people are claiming this. It's very easy to verify. Were they ever announced to be a moderator? Have they ever moderated a thread? Are these any cached versions of the forum staff page with them listed as a moderator? Has anyone who actually posts on GAF seen this user as a moderator? Like, think for a second.

We removed this post and posts quoting it because attempting to uncover users personal information is against the rules (as it is on reddit, so I have no idea why the Xbox One moderators on reddit are allowing it so far). We remove any post that tries to uncover any user's personal information except in rare cases to attempt to identify a user in the case of a suicide attempt or similar situation, and even then we remove the information afterwards in general. This is true regardless of which users are impacted and has nothing to do with CBOAT in the slightest.

Thank you for this post.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If you want to see the videogame version of ancient aliens/illuminati conspiracy theorists, check twitter (and xbox one subreddit). lol.
The guy posting about this on livejournal (people still use this?) is the same guy insisting the Xbox One had a hidden GPU

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The funny thing is that the outed user is not even remotely a "MS hater" or actively attempted to spread the hate. Unfortunately there are many teeth-gnashing angry people out to get CBOAT, and someone had to be the scapegoat eventually.

FatalT

Banned
I hope this means CBOAT stops leaking things and never posts here again. You internet detectives don't deserve it. Dicks.

ekim

The funny thing is that the outed user is not even remotely a "MS hater" or actively attempted to spread the hate. Unfortunately there are many teeth-gnashing angry people out to get CBOAT, and someone had to be the scapegoat eventually.

Said user was once called Reiko 2.0
*truthfact*

It's so odd too. Why would misterx say ekim is a mod? Anyone can instantly verify that. It's silly

KuGsj.gif
Internet detectives... They are full of bullshits.

That theory on MisterX's blog is fucking insane. So now GAF isn't Sony controlled, it's being controlled by Valve, who for some reason hate the Xbone? Dude must be mentally ill to be able to spew such shit.

That theory on MisterX's blog is fucking insane. So now GAF isn't Sony controlled, it's being controlled by Valve, who for some reason hate the Xbone? Dude must be mentally ill to be able to spew such shit.

Or he's trolling people. If so, that means he's winning since we keep feeding him. lol

It's funny because there's people on /r/xboxone trying to defend misterx by saying ekim used to be a mod.

He's never been a mod.

I do so love how MisterX posts claim after claim that have proven to be inaccurate bullshit and yet people still take his word as if it means anything

Where's the dGPU Misterx? Oh it's Full HSA or whatever the hell your new line is now lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just to clarify this; one of our users noticed that CBOAT's image had metadata which he used to find the original source of the image. The original source of the image was another NeoGAF user's dropbox. This does not "prove" who CBOAT is, what it demonstrates is who sent the image to CBOAT--or who sent the image to someone who sent it to someone etc who sent it to CBOAT. Why on earth would someone PM himself an image he already had? This is not rocket science. In addition, the CBOAT account well predates my own time on GAF and also predates the identified user's account by a period of 7 years. It doesn't even add up on a basic level.

In addition, the blog claims that the user in question is a moderator. You are able to verify that information yourself. Check the forum staff page. Check the colour of the user's username. The user in question is not a moderator. Edit: Since I was asked followup here; The user in question was never a moderator, and I have no idea why people are claiming this. It's very easy to verify. Were they ever announced to be a moderator? Have they ever moderated a thread? Are these any cached versions of the forum staff page with them listed as a moderator? Has anyone who actually posts on GAF seen this user as a moderator? Like, think for a second.

We removed this post and posts quoting it because attempting to uncover users personal information is against the rules (as it is on reddit, so I have no idea why the Xbox One moderators on reddit are allowing it so far). We remove any post that tries to uncover any user's personal information except in rare cases to attempt to identify a user in the case of a suicide attempt or similar situation, and even then we remove the information afterwards in general. This is true regardless of which users are impacted and has nothing to do with CBOAT in the slightest.

Stump laying down the law and the smackdown on conspiracy theorists.

Butthurt X1 fans certainly make for some good entertainment. The fact that this misterxmedia guy actually wasted time writing that post is very sad.

Syf

Banned
My favorite rumor is the one about cboat being a mod and Valve employee working together with "SonyGAF" to create hate for the Xbox One. #aliens#911insidejob

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My favorite rumor is the one about cboat being a mod and Valve employee working together with "SonyGAF" to create hate for the Xbox One. #aliens#911insidejob

Someone said it's all part of the plan by banning all MS fans so GAF gets more ad clicks from all the Sony fans.

EIehqOz.gif

jester_

holy SHIT the the fact that people are buying into this lunatic's insanity is a little bit depressing. It reads like a 3rd graders conspiracy theory of "Sony did 9/11."

3. Also that means that CBOAT is used as provocator. When he get info about Microsoft's Xbox minor problems he spread them to maximum level as a big problems. That set the tone for many "journalists" and fans over the internet (their motto: attack Microsofts minor weak points for massive damage).

4. That means that whole neogaf.com is used to spread hate on Microsoft. Well we here know why is it. Microsoft outplayed all their competitors and they try to save their sales by lie and brainwash because they know they could not complete with Microsoft, People will choose Microsoft at the end because of games, value and features when all the Xbox One 2014 tech will be unvealed.

dGPU add-on in late 2014 confirmed!

Anustart

Doesn't take a damn rocket scientist to figure out that CBOAT = EviLore, NeoGAF is owned by Sony and EatChildren is actually the love child of CBOAT/EviLore and the mom from Family Ties.

holy SHIT the the fact that people are buying into this lunatic's insanity is a little bit depressing. It reads like a 3rd graders conspiracy theory of "Sony did 9/11."

Wise words from the man WITH A SONY AVATAR!

It's true! IT'S TRUE! Oh God, I can't keep up this charade! It's all a sham! Sony pays us every week! God have mercy on me!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can't really stop people from speculating about the theatrical stuff, but let's at least try to keep the thread from being about Xbox One versus other platform console wars, slagging reddit (real talk: There's huge user overlap between reddit and GAF, there are lots of excellent sub-reddits and I read several of reddit's gaming-related reddits myself, and most reddit mods strike me as pretty fair individuals. Especially mods of larger reddits, who are generally chosen because they're good and level-headed posters.), or getting into other totally unrelated stuff posting by a blogger who posted about this subject. If you think someone is posting nonsense, well, the best response is to not give it oxygen, right?

So, basically:
- Thread is about L4D3 image
- Obviously people are going to discuss the drama around the imgur metadata stuff and we can't stop that.
- Since the user who was accused has posted himself in this thread I'm not going to remove subsequent posts mentioning the name (just as we don't prohibit users from sharing their own personal information), but again in general we really discourage the kind of linking of personal information, accusing people of being things, etc.
- Try not to make it a general place to slag off every place that's not NeoGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom