• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LaMelo Ball scores 92 pts, 41 pts in the 4th Quarter in High School Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

spelen

Curry is a great shooter don't get me wrong. However once you look past that he is an above-average guard at best.

Take away kd height and you have a decent shooter. Take away john walls speed and you got a bench warmer. Take away lbj muscles and you've got a ruddy gay at best. Etc etc

spelen

Wow just watched the highlight of the game. Least impressive 40 pt quarter ever. Did the man even play defends?

Trey

It's a shame I have to try and find something positive to say about a 92 point performance, but it's encouraging to see he follows his shot. Obviously it'll be supremely tougher to get boards and tough layups against larger opponents, but for the time the ball was in the front court, Ball was animated and alert.

StayDead

Were they all 3s?

lOZ6p9_DzZd_tUJzHMOFj8whc10LJVW_7ovAt7rjLfKvL-muv1lWApG35voEI9Y8Fw3iWWtip2PWaguigHLiXTP80xHX_o0RSiZY0Ma9ygcnuSYimoWBP_7g6Vo-M7Yc5vv_QP8

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Sports anime is so hilariously exaggerated but I guess its more entertaining that way. I do love it when smaller players jump higher and then make it back to the ground first as though the gravitational constant is different for them. I'm not hating by the way; Slam Dunk is one of my favorite animes :).

Tekniqs

they play a style that works against High School. It's gimmicky as fuck, but props to them and their dad for exploiting that. I honestly don't think it will work as they progress. Personally I think Lonzo is good, not great and will be exposed at the next level.

what's crazy is that that style worked pretty well against Oak Hills which (if i'm not mistaken) is almost like a turnstile for high school kids that will eventually go pro.

vctor182

Sports anime is so hilariously exaggerated but I guess its more entertaining that way. I do love it when smaller players jump higher and then make it back to the ground first as though the gravitational constant is different for them. I'm not hating by the way; Slam Dunk is one of my favorite animes :).

Here:

tumblr_ohocuw1hNv1uddo14o1_500.gif

What's that first one from?

Been meaning to watch a basketball anime. Any good ones out there?

Kuroko no basket.
Its pretty exaggerated.
Like DBZ basketball.
Fun to watch the crazy shit though.

I hear Slam Dunk is also good.

If you wanna watch other sports anime Haikyuu is great without being super exaggerated.

Curry is a great shooter don't get me wrong. However once you look past that he is an above-average guard at best.

how do you look past a generational shooter's skill?

I've seen some a few LaMelo ball clips and I'm wondering why he's ranked so highly. He can shoot but his form is slow and awkward looking. I mean if UCLA offered him a scholarship before last year, clearly better talent evaluators see something. I like Lonzo's game though.

v0yce

Eww.

I got all excited to watch some Kobe/Lebron esque trowing it off the backboard to themselves, man against boys dominance stuff and all I get is this cherry picking nonsense against some scrub team.

That is some terrible basketball to watch.

cdyhybrid

The most apalling display of defensive basketball I've ever seen.

Still impressive to put the ball in the basket that much, but... Yikes.

how do you look past a generational shooter's skill?

I've seen some a few LaMelo ball clips and I'm wondering why he's ranked so highly. He can shoot but his form is slow and awkward looking. I mean if UCLA offered him a scholarship before last year, clearly better talent evaluators see something. I like Lonzo's game though.
Saw him in person on Saturday. Dude has an ugly ass shot. He can play though.

Markelle Fultz is better

RedAssedApe

Banned
The most apalling display of defensive basketball I've ever seen.

Still impressive to put the ball in the basket that much, but... Yikes.

Saw him in person on Saturday. Dude has an ugly ass shot. He can play though.

Markelle Fultz is better

booooo

Yay we're (UCLA) getting all the Balls!

Watched the whole video. Lol no defense played throughout the entire game. Full court passes nearly every play and cherry picking galore.

He's got some pretty good vision and distribution, can pick out a long throw pretty good. Also... the people saying he's cherry picking his shots.. come on, you expect someone to score 92 points to make nothing but 3 pointers...? Of course he's going to have some easy shots, but that takes skill and vision to be in the right place at the right time also.

RedAssedApe

Banned
He's got some pretty good vision and distribution, can pick out a long throw pretty good. Also... the people saying he's cherry picking his shots.. come on, you expect someone to score 92 points to make nothing but 3 pointers...? Of course he's going to have some easy shots, but that takes skill and vision to be in the right place at the right time also.

Think people were expecting to see Kobe. Lol

FZZ

Banned
Someone give me analysis of Bron when he was 15

I'm not really impressed at a kid dropping 92 tbh, seems more like an exploit of hs basketball

jmizzal

Someone give me analysis of Bron when he was 15

I'm not really impressed at a kid dropping 92 tbh, seems more like an exploit of hs basketball

LeBron could have easily scored 100 points in HS, but he was so unselfish, he only avg like 24 ppg as a SR., where as he could have avg 40.

LeBron's ball handle and vision was on another level, athletic off the charts and great size

also sucks Wagner had the injury, him and LeBron could have been a nice young duo

Btw here's Wagner's 100 point game, crazy barley any cherry picking, most of these shots are with defense on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iKyzS-7JoA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom