• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
It'll probably control fine in KB/M, considering the perspective and whatnot. Like Diablo on steroids or something.

That's a rad game irl, Axiom

Axiom

Yeah I love me some Pocky and Rocky. It's the first game that comes to mind whenever I think of classic co-op, even though it's not even close to being well known,

Amir0x

Banned
Axiom said:
Yeah I love me some Pocky and Rocky. It's the first game that comes to mind whenever I think of classic co-op, even though it's not even close to being well known,

The other one, like I mention in the topic, is LOST VIKINGS II. Which is really pretty closely related to this type of co-op gameplay.

But yeah...Pocky and Rocky :thumbsup:

Axiom

Amir0x said:
The other one, like I mention in the topic, is LOST VIKINGS II. Which is really pretty closely related to this type of co-op gameplay.

I never could find anyone else to play that with. It was easier to make pals shoot things. Now if they'd secretly made Blackthorne a Lost Vikings game I'd have been set.

hamchan

Jive Turkey said:
Heh what the hell. I'm in.

LaraCroftAvatar01.jpg

I'll be honest, I really like this one.

SuperÑ said:
http://imgur.com/Wrh3L.gif

Just for the record, not only should you stick that behind a link, if anyone actually uses that as an avatar I'm taking your privileges away and not giving them back. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Keikoku said:
Why make two separate OT ?

This is a specific thread for the PS3/PC versions, but I wouldn't have made it without a reason. And that reason is I feel this game deserves special attention, because of all the weight gamers feel behind this game due to its relation to the Tomb Raider series some may have avoided it.

I felt I'd use what little megaphone I had to try to highlight a special game that actually deserves the attention.

Unlike some other Summer of Arcade titles.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Amir0x said:
I felt I'd use what little megaphone I had to try to highlight a special game that actually deserves the attention.

All the Summer of Arcade games this year were fantastic, put fish in you mouth.

Keikoku

Banned
Amir0x said:
This is a specific thread for the PS3/PC versions, but I wouldn't have made it without a reason. And that reason is I feel this game deserves special attention, because of all the weight gamers feel behind this game due to its relation to the Tomb Raider series some may have avoided it.

Yeah but will people playing the XBLA version post in the former thread or this one ?

Amir0x

Banned
Well this is a Ps3/PC thread, but they can post here too. Burgerdog did.

I'm buying the PS3 version again so

Volcynika

Got my demo code from Gamespot, gonna put it in Steam when I get home!

"
Thanks for your interest in the Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light PC Demo.

------------------------------

To redeem your code, follow these instructions:
1. If you are a first-time Steam user go to http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam and then download the free Steam installer. Save the Steam Install file to your computer. Run the 'SteamInstall' application to install Steam.
2. Launch Steam. After launching, go to the Games menu to "Activate a Product on Steam" and enter the key."

Mr_Zombie

How does this activating a demo on Steam works?
I've received my code (thanks miladesn for the heads up :D), activated it on Steam and... nothing, the demo is nowhere to be seen; it's not availible on LC&TGOL page on Steam nor on my game list. Am I missing something?

ArjanN

Mr_Zombie said:
How does this activating a demo on Steam works?
I've received my code (thanks miladesn for the heads up :D), activated it on Steam and... nothing, the demo is nowhere to be seen; it's not availible on LC&TGOL page on Steam nor on my game list. Am I missing something?

Look in your games list under L, not T. :)

Speedymanic said:
I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the Steam & PSN versions will NOT have online co-op when released next week.

The 360 online co-op patch is still on track to be released next week.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/21/psn...yed-for-lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/
Yeah, I saw this in the other official thread, what a bummer. I'm still getting the game, but will wait for either a price drop or the patch, whatever comes first.

Hey, mind if I ask the name of the girl in your avatar?

Massa

I can't believe they're making a last minute announcement of this kind of omission again. It's like they learned nothing from last time.

Axiom

I just got my PC demo code (No PS3 code yet, anyone else?) and was rather psyched until I came back and saw this news.

All my current gen Tomb Raider experiences are on 360, but I was psyched to see what PC modders would do with the game (though only in this TR, since the main focus of the TR modding community hasn't changed since 1996), and it's been a hard enough time waiting since going nuts over the demo.
Now thinking of keeping the 360 my Tomb Raider machine and picking up another copy later on. It's not that I don't want to play local co-op - it's that I don't want to play co-op with the people I can do so with locally.

Oh well, Viva Lara-istance still! Self-denial hasn't been this hard since I had that dream about going chaste for a year to win riches.

With this sort of timing, it does certainly explain why CD needs some help spreading the word on why this game is awesome from threads like this, though I am curious if this means the initial DLC is also free for PS3 and PC owners

Pooya

I think this is the first time that Crystal Dynamics is making a game with online multiplayer, looks like they have serious problems with it :| .
I have a spare PS3 code if anyone wants it.

Gribbix

Axiom said:
With this sort of timing, it does certainly explain why CD needs some help spreading the word on why this game is awesome from threads like this, though I am curious if this means the initial DLC is also free for PS3 and PC owners
Keir says that PSN/PC players will now also get some free DLC.
Keir said:
We're doing our best to make sure the online feature is as good as it should be which is why we took the tough decision to delay it. You'll still get it (and some free DLC by way of a gesture from us to you as a result).

miladesn said:
I think this is the first time that Crystal Dynamics is making a game with online multiplayer, looks like they have serious problems with it :| .
I believe this is their second game with online multiplayer (the first was Project Snowblind).

forrest

formerly nacire
lc35y21.jpg
lc2txc4.jpg
lc1cxtz.jpg

Here's a few to help raise awareness! I've only played the demo and I loved every second of it, but I'm kinda a tomb raider whore. I've loved the series since the original and played them all despite the dip in quality it took in the middle. I absolutely loved the reboot and love that they made a spin off that is so good! By the way, avoid the GBA Tomb Raider, it's abysmal.

-I'm kinda partial to my War/Link avatar, so please anyone feel free to use these if you'd like! :D

Synless

miladesn said:
I have a spare PS3 code if anyone wants it.
Code for what? I'll take it if you still have it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Axiom said:
I just got my PC demo code (No PS3 code yet, anyone else?) and was rather psyched until I came back and saw this news.

All my current gen Tomb Raider experiences are on 360, but I was psyched to see what PC modders would do with the game (though only in this TR, since the main focus of the TR modding community hasn't changed since 1996), and it's been a hard enough time waiting since going nuts over the demo.
Now thinking of keeping the 360 my Tomb Raider machine and picking up another copy later on. It's not that I don't want to play local co-op - it's that I don't want to play co-op with the people I can do so with locally.

Oh well, Viva Lara-istance still! Self-denial hasn't been this hard since I had that dream about going chaste for a year to win riches.

They only send out email for the first code you signed up for. Go back to the site and click on the PSN link to reveal the PSN code. You won't be able to redeem the code until the maintenance is over at ~5:00 P.M. PDT.
Synless said:
Code for what?
Demo

Nabs

the demo was a lot of fun, and looked really nice on my computer. it's really too bad they can't get online working, because i was ready to pick it up. i'll just wait for the online patch.

This thread reminded me that I need to pick up this game. Well done. Didn't have the money when it came out. Now I'm loaded and have $15 to spare.:D

GothPunk

miladesn said:
http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/lara-croft-ps3-us/
http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/lara-croft-pc/

I thought I should put these here, early access to demo of PS3/PC version, go to the links for info.
Thank so much for posting this! It's a pity the PSN is down for maintenance at the moment, as I got a key but then felt crushing disappointment when I realised I couldn't download it straight away. It gives you early access to purchase the game too which is pretty sweet ^^. Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom