• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

wtf at those PC screenshots :O

and WTF at PC/PSN online co-op. I hope CD gets the hang of multiplayer for future outings though.

In other news,

:D :D at this thread

Amir0x

Banned
JADS said:
I got through the demo and holy shit is it awesome. The graphics look great for a downloadable tittle, and I get amazing performance on my PC. Everything to max and a solid 60FPS. Using the spear as a platform is an ingenious move to get around. I did a run trough using the XBOX360 controller and switched to mouse and keyboard halfway. For platforming the XBOX360 controller is superior, but for the rest the KB+M really shine. While aiming is a hassle using the controller, pinpointing your enemies with the mouse is easy. Definitely buying the game once I get some cash later this week.

It's hard not to love this game isn't it? :D

So glad to hear even one new person experiencing this game with clear eyes

V_Ben

Banned
Umm, wow. That code I got from gamespot just gave me the full game, instead of the demo. That's kinda sweet :lol

(The USA code gave me the full game, the EU code was just the demo. Looks like I got lucky!)

Massa

V_Ben said:
Umm, wow. That code I got from gamespot just gave me the full game, instead of the demo. That's kinda sweet :lol

(The USA code gave me the full game, the EU code was just the demo. Looks like I got lucky!)

Yeah, same thing happened here. The demo and an unlock key appeared on my download list when I redeemed it.

Thanks Gamespot. :lol

Volcynika

V_Ben said:

You sure about that? Both the game and the demo itself show up on my list but double clicking the game just takes me to the game's page to purchase.

EDIT: D'oh, thought you meant PC.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
V_Ben said:

Same I think....

20100922-ta8qtsu1q6pu36m21knkduwqgp.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
V_Ben said:

OMG SAME HERE. IS THIS FOR REAL CAPS?!?!?!!?!?

How is that possible? If legit then awesome! Ami, sent you a PM

2300MB plus DL. Can't wait.

OK downloaded PC Demo and enjoyed it. I kinda think it would play better with controller, so undecided @ which platform at the moment.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
V_Ben said:

Yarp, same here. Free game on PSN thanks to Gamespot sure makes the decision easy where to get it from :p

Cels

Killthee said:
Same I think....

20100922-ta8qtsu1q6pu36m21knkduwqgp.jpg

The screen is from the mediago software, right? Does anyone see the same thing while accessing the download list from their PS3? I can't access my PS3 right now, not at home.

Cels said:
The screen is from the mediago software, right? Does anyone see the same thing while accessing the download list from their PS3? I can't access my PS3 right now, not at home.

When I entered the code, it gave me two downloads and looked just like that, on with the Playstation Store style. I was really confused when I first saw it, but quickly decided it would be too good to be true. The verdict is still out on that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Cels said:
Yes, when you put the code in, you get the option to DL not only the demo but the full game unlock too. I don't know if this is for everyone or early sign ups only but man it would be sweet if it was the full game for keeps.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can anybody with access to their system confirm its the full game. If it is, I got the 360 version and the PS3 version for free :lol Guess I'll have to pick up the Steam version for $15 :D

Cels said:
No, Account Management site.

Nabs

RustyNails said:
OK downloaded PC Demo and enjoyed it. I kinda think it would play better with controller, so undecided @ which platform at the moment.

You can use a controller on your PC. Thats what I'm doing and it feels great.

V_Ben

Banned
Volcynika said:
That Eidos poster on here is going to be piiiiiiiiissed off if this is real and it happened like this.

Oh god, I can't imagine... hope nobody gets into serious sh*t over this. Honest mistake on both parties' parts.

V_Ben said:
Actually, this seems to be more on eidos' side. They gave gamespot the codes :lol
i was actually wondering who fd up here. If gamespot got both demo and full game codes for separate contests, theyre sure to have to pay Square Enix for err-released full game codes.

ruh roh

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damn it, I'm in.

Why damn it? I don't even have a job right now. :lol

I mean, I have money, but this is unwise. Still, this + Tomb Raider: Legend for $15 was too good. I want to have it now while there are still others to co-op with, anyway. Not sure how often my brother would want to come over to play local.

Hello, my screen name is Dice and I'm a Steam addict. I am 0 days clean.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
LiquidMetal14 said:
Yes, when you put the code in, you get the option to DL not only the demo but the full game unlock too. I don't know if this is for everyone or early sign ups only but man it would be sweet if it was the full game for keeps.
Definitely not just for early signups. I signed up for it just a few hours ago, and got the code right away. Used the code a few minutes ago and I got the full thing, demo+game unlock.

Cels

Volcynika said:
That Eidos poster on here is going to be piiiiiiiiissed off if this is real and it happened like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos went back and just revoked the Full Game Unlock for everybody. They can do that with no real repercussions cause no one is actually able to buy the game on PSN yet (right?). Would be completely fair for them to do that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cels said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos went back and just revoked the Full Game Unlock for everybody. They can do that with no real repercussions cause no one is actually able to buy the game on PSN yet (right?). Would be completely fair for them to do that.
I don't think you can do that on PSN if the file is already on people's consoles.

Volcynika

Cels said:

Wouldn't all you have to do is just go offline to prevent that? People don't have to play offline really due to no co-op that is online yet.

Sent

Dude wait what is this out on PC now or what? Where can I snag the demo?

Edit: Wtf no online co-op, screw that shit then.

Cels

Lord Error said:
I don't think you can do that on PSN if the file is already on people's consoles.

So does that mean you can actually download the "full game unlock file"? Sony is quite capable of removing things from your download list, but yea, if people have already/are already downloading that file then there is really nothing Sony can do about them.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cels said:
So does that mean you can actually download the "full game unlock file"? Sony is quite capable of removing things from your download list, but yea, if people have already/are already downloading that file then there is really nothing Sony can do about them.
Yeah, you definitely can download it. I see what you mean, they can remove it for future re-downloads, and probably should.

Gribbix

V_Ben said:
Yeah, no way they're able to do that :lol
You sure about that? Doesn't the terms of PSN+ subscription suggest that Sony has the ability to remove content from a user's account? If I'm not mistaken, the free premium PSN+ downloads are only active for as long as you have an active PSN+ subscription.

Cels

Lord Error said:
Yeah, you definitely can download it. I see what you mean, they can remove it for future re-downloads, and probably should.

I was confused about whether you can download it already because the game isn't even supposed to be out until 9-28!

V_Ben

Banned
Gribbix said:
You sure about that? Doesn't the terms of PSN+ subscription suggest that Sony has the ability to remove content from a user's account?

Hmm. I'll have to give that a check, but they certainly can't remove it once you've installed it.

Volcynika

Cels said:
I was confused about whether you can download it already because the game isn't even supposed to be out until 9-28!

It's also available on Steam already, even though the release was next week. Very weird!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Gribbix said:
You sure about that? Doesn't the terms of PSN+ subscription suggest that Sony has the ability to remove content from a user's account? If I'm not mistaken, the free premium PSN+ downloads only active for as long as you have an active PSN+ subscription.
That's because the plus content is specific, it probably looks for online authorization every time you run it, or it's downloaded with built-in expiry date. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they could do it in this case, I feel kinda dirty downloading the game this way. The thing is, I can't even purchase it on PSN right now as it will just tell me that I already own it.

vazel

Banned
This is unbelievable. Downloading the game with unlock key right now. And they're still giving out codes at Gamespot? They're sure to patch it.

kassatsu

Banned
Cels said:
spoiler alert.

They hide things away for press only access. Final Fight: Double Impact was like that, I think press got it 2 weeks before it was published for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom