• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gribbix

Dice said:
Is Gamespot liable to be reimbursing Eidos for this screwup?
Gamespot didn't screw up. All they did was hand out the keys that were given to them. This is likely the result of a miscommunication between Eidos and Sony.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dice said:
Is Gamespot liable to be reimbursing Eidos for this screwup?
Why would it be Gamespot's fault for handing out codes Eidos gave them? If anyone is at fault here it's either someone at Eidos for handing GS full game codes instead of demo codes or SCEA for handing Eidos full game codes instead of demo codes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Gribbix said:
Gamespot didn't screw up. All they did was hand out the keys that were given to them. This is likely the result of a miscommunication between Eidos and Sony.
Texting generation FTL?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Burekma said:
Um, I got the gamespot demo promotion, played it and bought the game.

Is the game supposed to be unlocked already? Because I'm playing it like right now. The full version. on Steam. Yeah.

Same thing for PSN. WTF, did I just get a $15 PSN game for free for being a Gamespot/GameFAQs member? :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Amir0x said:
aw shit they accidentally gave the game away for free?

This game actually DESERVES your money people :(
I'm paying fair and square
-enix
on PC. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Amir0x said:
aw shit they accidentally gave the game away for free?

This game actually DESERVES your money people :(
I was fully intentioned on buying! I guess we will see how this thing plays out now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Killthee said:
Why would it be Gamespot's fault for handing out codes Eidos gave them? If anyone is at fault here it's either someone at Eidos for handing GS full game codes instead of demo codes or SCEA for handing Eidos full game codes instead of demo codes.
Could be GS's fault if they were given both the demo codes and full game codes (to be won in some competition) and if they mixed them up.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I was fully intentioned on buying!
Same here :\

Synless

So I just used this code and it had a full game unlock. Fucking awesome!!!!!!

Edit* You guys already knew this....

vazel

Banned
brandonh83 said:
eh, I'm not celebrating just yet.
Me neither. I remember when some were still able to play one of the serious sam games on steam after the free weekeend, it was eventually patched. I guess if people refuse updates for the game they can keep it for free but if you want the online co-op patch you'll have to update.

Volcynika

Baha said:
I know that much but somebody quoted above said they were playing the full game on steam.

Oh, it's buyable on Steam now, on the new releases even. I guess they released it early for some reason. Page says pre-purchase, but apparently that doesn't stick :lol

vazel

Banned
Baha said:
I know that much but somebody quoted above said they were playing the full game on steam.
Having early access to the demo gives you the privilege of buying it early apparently.

Edit: Nvm it's up for purchase on Steam even when I'm not logged in with my account.

Amir0x

Banned
i just hope it only went out to a few people and not too many

when games like this fail, hardcore gamers everywhere are just that much more worse off :(

vazel said:
Me neither. I remember when some were still able to play one of the serious sam games on steam after the free weekeend, it was eventually patched. I guess if people refuse updates for the game they can keep it for free but if you want the online co-op patch you'll have to update.

I don't really care about co-op seeing as I'm mostly a single-player kind of gamer, but if the case arises where I do need to actually buy the game to get all the content, I will. Again, still not celebrating, it just seems like something that is way too good to be true.

Baha

Amir0x said:

when games like this fail, hardcore gamers everywhere are just that much more worse off :(

I was torn between buying this game on PS3 or PC but if this PS3 copy is the full version, I'll buy the PC version at least.

xtwo

Amir0x said:

well, i was able to get the code about 10 or 15 minutes ago.

Amir0x

Banned
the game is amazing solo, but there are about four or so co-op puzzles that are really really special.

one co-op puzzle in particular is one which I consider the greatest single puzzle this generation, and one of the best of all time

it's not that it's incredibly difficult, it's that it's an expression of pure joy, the cleverness of it all would blow anyone away. If only for that specific puzzle, I hope everyone tries co-op through once.

Erebus

So I'll buy this on steam (I was only interested in the PC version anyways) but also keep the free copy on my PS3.
Well, if it stays that way
:lol

Amir0x said:
one co-op puzzle in particular is one which I consider the greatest single puzzle this generation, and one of the best of all time

Well if that's the case I'll have to give it a shot despite my preferences.

So yeah, only been through the first area but that was pretty damn fun.

Got the 360 version so aiming was a bit annoying at first but I'm used to it now.

Do the challenge rooms get harder?

Amir0x

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Well if that's the case I'll have to give it a shot despite my preferences.

you know how cynical I am, brandonh83. At first, me and my brother in law couldn't immediately figure out the solution. But we got what we had to do in under a minute. It was the execution that had me giggling like some overgrown school girl. It was so clever, so absolutely amazingly fun to actually do, that I still can't stop thinking about it. The entire game is super fun and despite the easiness of it mostly all the puzzles have that clever whip to it, but this puzzle specifically was just outrageously awesome.

When I completed it me and my brother-in-law sank back into the couch and I just said "THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN A VIDEOGAME EVER."

when you get to it (I think it's Firey Depths level) you'll know

Fimbulvetr said:
Do the challenge rooms get harder?

They get "harder", but I want to manage expectations and say the game is always fairly easy. It gets more devious and especially the platforming later on gets significantly more complex, but overall it's a "easy" class game. Apparently the DLC levels are all much much harder than anything included in the game, so there's that to look forward to.

But this is a case where the easiness of it all doesn't matter much, and I generally can't stand easy games. This game is so clever all of the time, you can see the focus was on the perfect arcade type flow that works with friends.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Amir0x said:
you know how cynical I am, brandonh83. At first, me and my brother in law couldn't immediately figure out the solution. But we got what we had to do in under a minute. It was the execution that had me giggling like some overgrown school girl. It was so clever, so absolutely amazingly fun to actually do, that I still can't stop thinking about it. The entire game is super fun and despite the easiness of it mostly all the puzzles have that clever whip to it, but this puzzle specifically was just outrageously awesome.

When I completed it me and my brother-in-law sank back into the couch and I just said "THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN A VIDEOGAME EVER."

when you get to it (I think it's Firey Depths level) you'll know
So you can only see that puzzle if you play with another player co-op?

Amir0x

Banned
Lord Error said:
So you can only see that puzzle if you play with another player co-op?

That room in solo also has a puzzle, but it is significantly different and is nowhere near as clever as this one. And it'd be impossible to match the cleverness of it alone, trust me. The amazing joy you get it from it is completely dependent on the puzzle being done cooperatively. It's not something that could even be done alone. Even if you hate co-op play, I can't imagine you wouldn't at least admire what they achieved with it.

It literally is on par with anything Nintendo has done, imo. I mean that as the highest compliment.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Amir0x said:
That room in solo also has a puzzle, but it is significantly different and is nowhere near as clever as this one. And it'd be impossible to match the cleverness of it alone, trust me. The amazing joy you get it from it is completely dependent on the puzzle being done cooperatively. It's not something that could even be done alone. Even if you hate co-op play, I can't imagine you wouldn't at least admire what they achieved with it.

It literally is on par with anything Nintendo has done, imo. I mean that as the highest compliment.
No, I don't mind playing co-op at all, in fact good co-op only puzzles will be a great incentive for my wife to play the game with me, as she loves puzzles (and so do I). I just hope the game is not mechanically too difficult or frustrating.

Amir0x said:

Damn. I hope you're not getting me too hyped :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
LiquidMetal14 said:
Is this a 2 player co op? We might have to set up an online game once we sort things out.
Local 2 player Co-op right now, Online 2 player Co-op whenever that patch goes up.

Amir0x

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Damn. I hope you're not getting me too hyped :lol

Without spoiling anything with how it's done, it involves lots of lava, flaming raptors, flaming floors, flaming borders all the while you or your partners life is completely dependent on what the other person is doing for success or DEATH

Amir0x said:
Without spoiling anything with how it's done, it involves lots of lava, flaming raptors, flaming floors, flaming borders all the while you or your partners life is completely dependent on what the other person is doing for success or DEATH

after reading that it feels like I just jogged a mile.

Pooya

Holy shit Gamespot.
V_BEN said:
I have to sleep, but I can't stop playing. It's so much fun. Maybe I'll just finish this level...
maybe you should pay for it first :| , Crystal Dynamics am cry.

Amir0x

Banned
maybe Gamespot paid for all the free game codes and secretly just wants to promote the game as much as I do by giving it away so people can talk about how awesome it is :(

burgerdog

That's unfortunate for all the people that were going to buy the ps3 version. I was merely interested in the demo to compare it to the 360 version and ended up with the full version. I'll buy the pc version and CD will have $30 of my monies. 360+PC bought / ps3 free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom