• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Jeels said:
Did you guys already get your codes from Gamespot? I still don't have mine =/
Go the links that I posted, your code is there, they haven't sent emails.

If anyone finished downloading PC demo, post some screenshots please!!

Mr_Zombie

miladesn said:
Go the links that I posted, your code is there, they haven't sent emails.
They did sent emails; however, I've received my email about 30 minutes after I started downloading the demo :lol

burgerdog

The game looks really, really good on PC. I would post screens but for some reason fraps is messing up the contrast of the shots. They are super dark for some reason.

Kuraudo said:
Got my code.

Was very excited until I discovered that PSN is down...

same here, I completely forgot it was going to be down so I'm like okay why the hell is my e-mail and password not correct :lol

anyway, cannot wait to play this, if Amir0x likes it so much it must be nothing short of holy.

burgerdog

1920x1080 4xaa vsync all setting max
e8400 4850 4gb ram w7 40-60fps
Game is 100x sharper than the 360 version, holy shit.

lara56r0.jpg

lara1561s.jpg

lara2gnta.jpg

Nabs

The Steam version comes with Tomb Raider: Legend. It's can be gifted if you have an extra copy.

Pooya

burgerdog said:
1920x1080 4xaa vsync all setting max
e8400 4850 4gb ram w7 40-60fps
Game is 100x sharper than the 360 version, holy shit.

http://www.abload.de/img/lara56r0.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.abload.de/img/lara1561s.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.abload.de/img/lara2gnta.jpg[/IMG]

looks excellent, my download is not finished yet, so slow :( .

991065_20100818_screen009.jpg

991065_20100818_screen012.jpg

Ack..I'd love to get the PC version, but local co-op is a must for me and I don't have a second wired 360 controller. Maybe I can ask around and see if someone would swap a wireless for a wired controller, I'd rather my backup controllers be wired anyways so that I don't have to worry about drained batteries and so that I can play on the PC with them.

edit:
FlyinJ said:
You can play one person on keyboard/mouse and one with a controller for local co-op

Silly me didn't even think about that. The demo on the 360 just seemed so duel-stick shooteresq I didn't even think about M+K, I guess that would probably control ok for this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
TheFightingFish said:
Ack..I'd love to get the PC version, but local co-op is a must for me and I don't have a second wired 360 controller. Maybe I can ask around and see if someone would swap a wireless for a wired controller, I'd rather my backup controllers be wired anyways so that I don't have to worry about drained batteries and so that I can play on the PC with them.

You can play one person on keyboard/mouse and one with a controller for local co-op

mm04

Yes, those PC shots look fantastic. It was hard waiting for the PC version as I had played enough of the 360 demo to know I would buy it and quickly quit out of it, but the time is almost here. Looking forward to playing it on my rig.

Burekma

Um, I got the gamespot demo promotion, played it and bought the game.

Is the game supposed to be unlocked already? Because I'm playing it like right now. The full version. on Steam. Yeah.

TripOpt55

PSN being down is such a bummer. I'm actually home today and could play this if I could get on PSN. When will PSN being going again? Waiting for this game has been tough. Can't wait to start playing this.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
WTH, what resolution is the X360 version running at? Even the UI looks blurry in those pictures. I've got PSN code from Gamespot, just logged in a minute ago and got the code instantly (US version code)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
mm04 said:
Yes, those PC shots look fantastic. It was hard waiting for the PC version as I had played enough of the 360 demo to know I would buy it and quickly quit out of it, but the time is almost here. Looking forward to playing it on my rig.
The time is here! Demo is out, you can purchase the full game and play it once you finish the demo.
Burekma said:

Is the game supposed to be unlocked already? Because I'm playing it like right now. The full version. on Steam. Yeah.
Yes! :D
TripOpt55 said:
PSN being down is such a bummer. I'm actually home today and could play this if I could get on PSN. When will PSN being going again? Waiting for this game has been tough. Can't wait to start playing this.
It's scheduled to end in about 3 hours and 30 minutes.

Burekma said:

if you buy the full game, is it just an unlock key for the demo? the demo is like 3 gigs. If I do buy it, I don't want to be downloading that much. Bandwidth caps are a bitch.

Game crashed on me at the top of the bit where the walls come out towards you :(

Game seems alot of fun though, and the graphics are great. Hopefully i can convince a friend for when the co-op patch hits :)

Peff

Lord Error said:
WTH, what resolution is the X360 version running at? Even the UI looks blurry in those pictures. I've got PSN code from Gamespot, just logged in a minute ago and got the code instantly (US version code)

576p, I think, same as Underworld.

Gribbix

The Steam achievements do not seem to be working for me. I know I've already met the requirements for at least 3 of them, but they haven't unlocked.

EDIT: Nevermind. I restarted the Steam client and it looks like they're starting to register now. Although, it still didn't count the ones I already should have gotten.

Amir0x

Banned
Speedymanic said:
I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the Steam & PSN versions will NOT have online co-op when released next week.

The 360 online co-op patch is still on track to be released next week.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/21/psn...yed-for-lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light/

Aw damn I was hoping for a smooth transition to PSN/Steam so that one big flaw was not hanging over its head. A shame.

I hope that genuinely doesn't put people off from buying it, though. It'll be patched into the game so you're still paying for it only once.

Holy SHIT @ the PC screens. <3 PC. looks like I'm triple dipping

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, does that mean that they'll give us PS3 players the first batch of DLC for free as well? I demand it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Peff said:
576p, I think, same as Underworld.
Horizontal resolution looks even more scaled down. I wonder if that means that PS3 version will be running at full 720 but have worse framerate like it was the case with Underworld if I remember correctly.

Peff

Snuggler said:
So, does that mean that they'll give us PS3 players the first batch of DLC for free as well? I demand it.

Apparently so

We're doing our best to make sure the online feature is as good as it should be which is why we took the tough decision to delay it. You'll still get it (and some free DLC by way of a gesture from us to you as a result).

Burekma

Linkzg said:
if you buy the full game, is it just an unlock key for the demo? the demo is like 3 gigs. If I do buy it, I don't want to be downloading that much. Bandwidth caps are a bitch.
When I downloaded the demo, two version of the game appeared on my list, the full game and the demo. When I purchased it, the demo disappeared and the full version downloaded a single MB or something like that. It was so small I barely noticed.

Snuggler said:
I second that.
Peff said:
Apparently so
Awesome. Where did you get that quote, Peff? Are you sure that's related to the PSN/Steam release and not the XBL release?

Whoa whoa WHOA. What's this about this game not being 720p? Good grief.

vazel

Banned
Totec is Jim Cummings. I was getting big nostalgia vibes hearing his voice.
Ogs said:
Game crashed on me at the top of the bit where the walls come out towards you :(

Game seems alot of fun though, and the graphics are great. Hopefully i can convince a friend for when the co-op patch hits :)
It just happened to me.

Either will pick up the 360 version when it has online or wait until the PC version has online depending on what my friends get. Regardless, I'm not buying this game without online available.

derFeef

Scythesurge said:
Either will pick up the 360 version when it has online or wait until the PC version has online depending on what my friends get. Regardless, I'm not buying this game without online available.
That´s where I am atm, but that there is also no online for PC at start is a bit of a bummer. The 360 demo has sold me already on the game itself, but will not buy before coop is in. I may even buy two versions.

Moobabe said:
Is Legend any good? That might swing my choice vs playing this with a pad on my ps3

Absolutely, all of the modern Tomb Raider games are great games and that's coming from someone that hated everything that came before Legend. It works perfectly with a 360 pad as well, fyi.

Amir0x

Banned
brain_stew said:
Absolutely, all of the modern Tomb Raider games are great games and that's coming from someone that hated everything that came before Legend. It works perfectly with a 360 pad as well, fyi.

Qualifier: The camera needs serious work in Underworld

otherwise I agree they're all good games (but not great games, imo)

Moobabe

brain_stew said:

Well I'd be playing both Legend and this one on KB/M - I think I'll pick it up though - can you preload it?

Nabs

Moobabe said:
Well I'd be playing both Legend and this one on KB/M - I think I'll pick it up though - can you preload it?

if you have access to the demo, you're able to buy and play the full game right now.

Moobabe said:

Yeah, don't do that. Plug in that PS3 controller you have and download the Motionjoy drivers. I can't speak for the new game but Legend plays much better on a pad.

Nabs

derFeef said:
Oh thanks for the heads up, got a key :D
Friend will buy me the game, is this also eligible then to play before release?

Yeah, as long as the demo is registered to your account. I sent Stallion the game over Steam and he got to play it immediately.

JADS

I got through the demo and holy shit is it awesome. The graphics look great for a downloadable tittle, and I get amazing performance on my PC. Everything to max and a solid 60FPS. Using the spear as a platform is an ingenious move to get around. I did a run trough using the XBOX360 controller and switched to mouse and keyboard halfway. For platforming the XBOX360 controller is superior, but for the rest the KB+M really shine. While aiming is a hassle using the controller, pinpointing your enemies with the mouse is easy. Definitely buying the game once I get some cash later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom