• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PS3/PC) GOTY |OT| - CONTEST OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's frustrating. I can't progress beyond a certain stage in the first level as it continually crashes as I scale the final wall in the scene where multiple platforms push out just after a spike pit.

Cels

I played through the first two levels - this game is so fun and doing all the extra objectives doesn't seem like a chore unlike in many other games. For the first level, I completed every objective and collected all the items and had a blast.

One of my best friends is getting this game too, can't wait to play online co-op with him...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL they deleted the Gamespot US demo code page. Guess it's a fuckup on Gamespot's side?

mm04

I just finished the first level and it's fantastic. I hope other franchises take note that you can make a great game that doesn't cost the consumer $60 and isn't just a re-hash of previous installments. But most of all, I hope enough people buy it over 3 platforms that the development and business model are proven to be a success

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
rainking187 said:
I read on CAG that if you redeem the code now they've fixed it so it just gives you the demo and not the unlock key.

I should check to see if they removed the unlock key from my account. Not that I expect they will, but if they do I won't care too much. I was planning to buy the game, but getting it for free from a fuck-up was a nice/pleasant surprise.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
rainking187 said:
I read on CAG that if you redeem the code now they've fixed it so it just gives you the demo and not the unlock key.
Confirmed. Just tried a code I was saving for someone and the description has been changed to demo instead of game.

Code is up for grabs now. Quote this post to reveal the code.

Angst

Killthee said:
Confirmed. Just tried a code I was saving for someone and the description has been changed to demo instead of game.

Code is up for grabs now. Quote this post to reveal the code.
You still have the code? :D I'm interested.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
FoneBone said:
How the hell do I aim with the gamepad? PC version, nothing seems to work.
Some of the control set-up stuff is f'd up on PC. I started playing on controller then switched to m/kb. I tried to bid a key mid-game and it wouldn't accept any input and I had to ctrl-alt-del. Went back and rebound my keys before starting a game. Then I went back to playing controller, except rebinding keys effects both control methods, so now I had a bunch of unbound keys on the controller. I rebound them to the controller so I am sure they are messed up for kb/m.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They need to disable mouse completely when you enable controller. For some reason the mouse reticule keeps showing up and it forces Lara to aim in that direction first for me. It also resets her to aiming in that direction in the middle of combat too. Really annoying.

Gribbix

Stallion Free said:
They need to disable mouse completely when you enable controller. For some reason the mouse reticule keeps showing up and it forces Lara to aim in that direction first for me. It also resets her to aiming in that direction in the middle of combat too. Really annoying.
I have the same problem. Flicking the right stick a few times helps alleviate it, but it doesn't always work.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
mm04 said:
I have not had this issue happen yet. Of course, I've just completed the first level only a couple of times when I missed a skull I wanted to grab. I also am using an original 360 wired controller. I'll keep an eye out, but I think I would've noticed it had it happened to me.
Have you played with the mouse at all? Every time I start playing now after using the mouse briefly, the mouse reticule is on when I first start, however as soon as I aim using the controller it disappears.

mm04

poppabk said:
Have you played with the mouse at all? Every time I start playing now after using the mouse briefly, the mouse reticule is on when I first start, however as soon as I aim using the controller it disappears.

I've never used the mouse in game. Now, when I load up the game and get the Eidos logo, I do see the tip of the spear or whatever pop up briefly, but that's it. Once the game begins to load, I don't use anything other than the controller. No mouse, no keyboard.

wasn't really interested in the game when i first saw it, but i signed up for the gamespot demo code anyways just to try it out. played the demo by myself and it didn't do anything for me. however, with a friend it's pretty awesome.

Carm

I'm glad others have posted about the game defaulting to mouse control while using a controller. I was hesitant to bitch about it with all the complaining I tend to do heh. Coming out of a menu, cutscene and tutorial pop up turns on mouse control with the ugly reticle using a 360 controller. Hopefully that Eidos rep that posts here, reads all these posts and it gets fixed, it's extremely annoying.

burgerdog said:
Don't think it is, otherwise there would be an obvious visual difference between 360 and ps3.
Thank you, that makes sense. Too bad. Well, since I got it for free I'm going to gift a psn copy to a friend so we can play co-op once the patch is out :D

mm04

Galanthas said:
I'm glad others have posted about the game defaulting to mouse control while using a controller. I was hesitant to bitch about it with all the complaining I tend to do heh. Coming out of a menu, cutscene and tutorial pop up turns on mouse control with the ugly reticle using a 360 controller. Hopefully that Eidos rep that posts here, reads all these posts and it gets fixed, it's extremely annoying.

Can someone take a screenshot of this? I have not had this issue yet, but maybe I just didn't know what I was seeing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
mm04 said:
Can someone take a screenshot of this? I have not had this issue yet, but maybe I just didn't know what I was seeing.
Just move your mouse for a second and you will see a red crosshair. It keeps doing that to us even when our mouse is inactive.

TripOpt55

I just played the Chompy level. I love that there are some fast-paced sections to go with the slower sections where you are puzzling a bit more. The faster sections makes good use of the platforming. Lots of cool traps. And so many little things to do with the different objectives and all the unlockables. This is a really great game.

Keir_Eidos

Eidos Loves You
Galanthas said:

We're on it. This and a number of other issues will be addressed in the forthcoming patch.

Carm

Keir_Eidos said:
We're on it. This and a number of other issues will be addressed in the forthcoming patch.

That's great news! Also, it seems some are already cheating on the PC leaderboards. Unless that is a tester cheating heh. Hopefully you guys are diligent in removing cheaters from the boards.

MoFuzz

Whelp, mission accomplished Amir0x. You brought this game to my attention, whereas I typically would have just lumped it in with all the other Tomb Raider games which never interested me.

Played the 360 demo and will definitely be picking up the Steam version shortly. What's the consensus on preferred control method for PC users? Gamepad or M&K? I would have thought gamepad is a must for these kinds of games, but Trine felt much better to me with a M&K setup.

I'm a little confused about the whole online co-op thing. Is it being added to all versions as a patch soon, later or not at all?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MoFuzz said:
I'm a little confused about the whole online co-op thing. Is it being added to all versions as a patch soon, later or not at all?
The PC/PS3 versions officially launch on the 28th. They will not include online co-op at launch.

The 360 version launched last month without online co-op, on the 28th it'll get a free patch that will add online. PC/PS3 will get their online patch sometime "soon".

If you want to try the Steam version right now, I think gamespot is still handing out Steam demo codes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Keir_Eidos said:
Hey, tell the guys they did an out-fucking-standing job on the PC release other than that issue. Their engine looks stunning. I can't wait for whatever they do next
full-size Tomb Raider followed by another Lara Croft game

Cels

Keir_Eidos said:

Any word on when the PS3/PC online co-op functionality is coming? Great game.

mm04

The_Technomancer said:
Considering the ridiculous praise the game is getting, I guess I have to grab the Steam version when it hits.

You can play it right now. Unless Gamespot stopped the PC demo keys. Or maybe they fixed it on Steam. Many of us purchased the full game a few nights ago and used the demo key to get that ball rolling. So it unlocked a full week ahead of time.

I'm sure others have already brought this up, but this format would work well with the Uncharted series too, naturally. I hope other game franchise try this as well.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
mm04 said:
I'm sure others have already brought this up, but this format would work well with the Uncharted series too, naturally. I hope other game franchise try this as well.
Oh shit, they might try putting an actual puzzle in? Or maybe do some real platforming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom