• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lay's announces 2015 finalists for annual "Do Us A Flavor" contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2015/07/lays-announces-2015-do-us-flavor-finalists.html

Lay's announces the four finalists for their annual crowd-sourced "Do Us A Flavor" contest, which fans submit ideas for potato chips flavors.

This year saw an added regional component to the competition where participants had to include a city or region of the U.S. that inspired their submission.

The four finalists flavors competing for a $1 million grand prize and some shelf space in the chip aisle are Lay's Wavy West Coast Truffle Fries (not sure I'd consider truffle fries a West Coast thing/specialty), Lay's Southern Biscuits and Gravy, Lay's New York Reuben, and Lay's Kettle Cooked Greektown Gyro.

The flavors are set to make their debut nationwide near the tail end of this month (although you might be able to find them now in some locales).

Starting July 27th through October 18, you can vote for your favorite flavor once per day online at www.dousaflavor.com, via Twitter, Instagram, or text. You can find more details at the contest website.

The winning flavor will be revealed in October and will remain on store shelves for a limited time (or permanently if it sells really well if that past is any indication) after the contest.

14qKRPt.jpg

Nydius

I would like to try all four, but I think Greektown Gyro and New York Reuben would be the ones I'd probably buy the most of.

Unfortunately I already know my wife will buy the Southern Biscuits and Gravy ones by the case as soon as they're available in stores. One day I'm going to open the cabinets and be buried by Southern Biscuits and Gravy LAYS bags.

kirby_fox

Banned
I'm not sure what truffle fries even are, and it's the only one that looks like it'd taste OK.

Disappointed my "loaded hot dog" flavor didn't make it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'd try the Reuben and Biscuits and Gravy ones. I live on the west coast and I've never heard of Truffle Fries before.

More a California thing I think than a general west coast thing. A properly done basket of truffle cheese fries are damn good.

I wish they would sell 50¢ bags of these new flavors. With the last round, I never gave any of them a shot because I didn't feel like investing into a giant bag of chips of a flavor I might not like.

Jme

I wish they would sell 50¢ bags of these new flavors. With the last round, I never gave any of them a shot because I didn't feel like investing into a giant bag of chips of a flavor I might not like.

You missed out on Wasabi Ginger. That's sad :(

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'll probably try all except the Reuben.
But where's the New Jersey Rancid Garbage? Oh well, there's always next year.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Reuben and Gyro are the only ones I'd try.

I have no idea what a "West Coast Truffle Fry" is, and southern biscuits and gravy sounds nasty.

The Reuben taste like throw up initially, but it grows on you but it's really off putting. Gyro aren't bad if not a tad bit on the salty side. Haven't tried the others.

I like how they all seem to be from different parts of the US. The only one I've heard of is the biscuts and gravy flavor. Don't even know what the others might taste like.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Picked them all up today and tried them

Gyro one taste like dried refried beans to me, fucking gross.

Sausage gravy does have a sausage and gravy after taste but didn't get much from it to start.

Truffle is good taste like truffle fries I've had before

Rubin, nice pickley tatse to it, some spice, prob my fav.

Over all rather just eat a regular chip though

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
For some reason I was expecting cotton candy. Eventually, probably.

How have I never heard of parmesan truffle fries before, sound amazing. Where's the best place to get them in the NYC area?

DJMicLuv

They need to bring their UK flavors over here. The roast chicken chips were some of the best I've ever tasted.

The Roast Chickens are nice. Is Prawn Cocktail crips a thing in the US? They're fucking ace too. Marmite crips are better than Marmite. We get a fair few flavours of regular crips in the UK, Walkers brand mainly.

And yes that is the correct UK spelling of crips.

More a California thing I think than a general west coast thing. A properly done basket of truffle cheese fries are damn good.

you rich yuppies with your IPO's and your start ups, us on the east coast we eat potatoes one leg at a time. Like god meant it, we don't go around churching up our taters we just eat em boiled with some sour cream and dill with a side of butter. We don't go around frying our taters in duck fat and dousing it with truffle oil.

*cries* give me truffle fries or give me death

jmood88

The Roast Chickens are nice. Is Prawn Cocktail crips a thing in the US? They're fucking ace too. Marmite crips are better than Marmite. We get a fair few flavours of regular crips in the UK, Walkers brand mainly.

I've never seen those anywhere here.

zeopower6

Prawn Cocktail is not a thing here but a local British grocer has them... they're okay. Taste kinda like ketchup chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom