• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are the Lay's 2017 Chip Flavor Contest Finalist flavors any good?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Saw this on twitter so I had to look up what else was new

DHhhPk6UQAEvjvU.jpg

And found

https://kotaku.com/snacktaku-judges-lays-2017-chip-flavor-contest-finalist-1797688037

MluAnHl.jpg

On paper, all three finalist flavors in Lay’s 2017 “Do Us A Flavor” potato chip contest—Crispy Taco, Fried Green Tomato and Everything Bagel—sound pretty delicious. But until science makes words edible, we’re forced to eat actual potato chips in order to determine this year’s winner.

It’s the fifth year of Lay’s annual potato chip competition, in which regular people with no formal snackology training are asked to come up with their own unique flavor combination. After a lengthy submission process, which involves a lot of me snickering and submitting flavors like Ground Glass and Mice, Lay’s sifts through the entries, putting three or four of the best into production. Once the chips hit store shelves, it’s time for the snacking public to vote to determine which flavor reigns supreme. The winner gets a million dollars, which they will doubtlessly use to purchase a monkey (haven’t you always wanted a monkey?

Need the neogaf reviews of these flavours. Which is the best? Kotaku says taco but that sounds boring.

ZBR

I had the fried green tomato and thought that was really good! The only one that seems a bit off to me is the bagel, I have not tried it though.

Ryuukan

Everything Bagel is like a mild sour cream and onion with poppy seeds, its good

tfw op follows you but didnt read your chip review

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Taco one actually tastes like a taco, unlike Doritos. You can taste the lettuce.

Had the bagel one tonight, good chip, but tasted nothing like a bagel or cream cheese.

Taco one actually tastes like a taco, unlike Doritos. You can taste the lettuce.

Had the bagel one tonight, good chip, but tasted nothing like a bagel or cream cheese.

Re: the bagel one, what my friends and I discovered is that the chips on top when you open the bag taste like plain chips, but the cream cheese and seasoning flavors creep in around the middle of the bag, for some reason.

Ponn

Banned
I've had the fried green tomato and the everything bagel so far.

Everything Bagel is legit as fuck. I already like kettle cooked chips, it reminded me of a premium sour cream and onion kettle chip.

Fried Green tomato was alright. Nothing spectacular, closest I could say is maybe salt and vinegar, didn't really capture a fried green tomato taste to me.

Top Bottom